Search
Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by queue View Post
Maybe as funny as seeing IROP Pants put on the TVs at Times Square.

Speaking of... I see BJ has issued cease and desists to the old uploads.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.
Are they really putting out a cease and desist order?
Old 05-07-2018, 08:25 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
Are they really putting out a cease and desist order?
Usually lawyers ask the other company to take something down using DMCA or claim of intellectual copyright. That's why Wikileaks exists.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by queue View Post
Maybe as funny as seeing IROP Pants put on the TVs at Times Square.

Speaking of... I see BJ has issued cease and desists to the old uploads.

This is the dichotomy of Jetblue. Using an old analogy Jetblue is a hub and spoke company of ideas simultaneously puling cost and structure in multiple directions. The potato VP, the tech ventures VP or the flight ops VP all have similar say in the operation of Flight Ops.

This proves extremely detrimental to the operation as the ability to fix known issues in OTP are never adequately addressed. Rather than implementing an industry standard known fix the millennial with a tie idea is chosen instead. The results are obvious. What happens next is equal vexing as the management structure or decision making process never changes. Instead Jetblue stickers airplanes with a tag line blaming ATC.

It doesn't matter if you are on an EDCT or ground delay program the simple fact is Jetblue can't board a 150 seat aircraft in the time it allots with the man power it allots. Add catering issues, ramper issues or any other little hiccup and you have Jetblue OTP ranking 12/12.

All this is outside of any pay and benefits discussion.

Although I do not have the facts to support my statement I would suggest OTP was better prior to all the contract negotiation issues. A motivated pilot group can erase many, many management failures.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Nonsense Spewer

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: In the corner using a lampshade as a hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bStNMEHsO0U
I think I vomited some blue juice.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Air Stang 7 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bStNMEHsO0U
I think I vomited some blue juice.
That video is circa 2015. Things change quickly.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Nonsense Spewer

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: In the corner using a lampshade as a hat.

Originally Posted by aldonite7667 View Post
That video is circa 2015. Things change quickly.
The thing that stood out to me was at 2:35 there's a line that says "we don't accept industry standard". Judging from my outside observation on the current situation on pay, work rules and on time performance, I would have to agree.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by benzoate View Post
This is the dichotomy of Jetblue. Using an old analogy Jetblue is a hub and spoke company of ideas simultaneously puling cost and structure in multiple directions. The potato VP, the tech ventures VP or the flight ops VP all have similar say in the operation of Flight Ops.

This proves extremely detrimental to the operation as the ability to fix known issues in OTP are never adequately addressed. Rather than implementing an industry standard known fix the millennial with a tie idea is chosen instead. The results are obvious. What happens next is equal vexing as the management structure or decision making process never changes. Instead Jetblue stickers airplanes with a tag line blaming ATC.

It doesn't matter if you are on an EDCT or ground delay program the simple fact is Jetblue can't board a 150 seat aircraft in the time it allots with the man power it allots. Add catering issues, ramper issues or any other little hiccup and you have Jetblue OTP ranking 12/12.

All this is outside of any pay and benefits discussion.

Although I do not have the facts to support my statement I would suggest OTP was better prior to all the contract negotiation issues. A motivated pilot group can erase many, many management failures.
Bah! Big words! Too many sylables!
Old 05-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

The thing that stood out to me was at 2:35 there's a line that says "we don't accept industry standard". Judging from my outside observation on the current situation on pay, work rules and on time performance, I would have to agree.
[/url]
Old 05-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by benzoate View Post

This right here. Even a motivated pilot group can't fix that, and it's not even a JB only issue.

At a previous employer, we the pilots used to get nasty gram emails from management blaming us for delays, and in company wide emails HR would use phrases like 'work as a team' and talk about how our pilots can help the operation and get us out on time. Newsflash, we can't.

My job truly begins when that door closes. I can't control catering, potable water, boarding/deplaning etc. Those are far out of my control. The company needs to realize that with the staffing we have, and the motivation (or lack thereof) of most of us, turning a plane in 30 min at a busy station just isn't going to happen.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:10 PM
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

How the #### did you make it to 2:35? I vomited 2lbs of Southerner after 15 seconds!