Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue Latest and Greatest >

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 10-07-2018, 04:03 PM
  #7141  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,473
Default

Originally Posted by citxls View Post
(Airbus) Line in FLL, prob 3 years and change potentially increasing with all the senior MCO 190 guys bailing to FLL 320. JFK 4-5 months.

Hard to accurately say due to all the shuffling of senior people bidding for $. Will take a few system bids for everything to settle in. Safe to say FLL is becoming senior, probably 2.5 years to hold it at all.
Holding a line in jfk in 4-5 months really? Wow didnít know it dropped that low.
hilltopflyer is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 04:35 PM
  #7142  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Posts: 329
Default

Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
Holding a line in jfk in 4-5 months really? Wow didnít know it dropped that low.
For the 190, I think the bus is still holding somewhere around 10 months.
jtrain609 is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 06:06 AM
  #7143  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GuppyPuppy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: JetRight, JetLeft
Posts: 760
Default

Originally Posted by iaveight View Post
Sounds like you guys are unhappy , Not what I was expecting at all. So long story short , I have an interview coming up, currently at a regional with American flow ( 5 years still ) I have 13 off a month , 8 days I can request off each month. Truthfully, without being *****y towards the company what do the schedules look like for new hires after line training . Can I hold MCO
Paycheck and days off.

With that said, ten years from now would you rather be at American or Jetblue?

A short term gain by coming to JB vs. long term at AA? One could argue that the fate of AA is much more certain than the fate of JB.

And don't buy in to all the culture BS. Every company has good and bad people in the CP office. Buying in to the culture is akin to joining a cult.

Gup
GuppyPuppy is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 06:51 AM
  #7144  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Posts: 207
Default

Take the $$ equation out for a moment. You are going to make plenty of money at either airline. Will you make more at AA over your career, yes! But you will make good money here as well. So, QOL is way more important. Letís face it, if you canít be happy making 250k and even more, then you have other issues. The money isnít everything. Happiness is! Choose the company you would be happiest at, the money will follow.
windrider is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 06:57 AM
  #7145  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: fifi whisperer
Posts: 1,245
Default

Stock price is below $17/share. We are getting less and less expensive to buy by the day......
seekingblue is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 07:52 AM
  #7146  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 495
Default

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
Stock price is below $17/share. We are getting less and less expensive to buy by the day......
But, but Gigity addressed that on an 'ask 'section and she said we're not for sale. I believe her . I enjoyed reading the comments section and all those that thanked her for her honesty - she might send you a post card from her HDN hideaway.
Rabid Seagull is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 08:01 AM
  #7147  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Take the $$ equation out for a moment. You are going to make plenty of money at either airline. Will you make more at AA over your career, yes! But you will make good money here as well. So, QOL is way more important. Let’s face it, if you can’t be happy making 250k and even more, then you have other issues. The money isn’t everything. Happiness is! Choose the company you would be happiest at, the money will follow.
This. I've got a chance to go to the highest paying airline, but am having some difficulty making myself care. Life is fine, I make enough money, and I mostly just want to do my job and then get back to the things I like doing, which includes finding a satisfying and sustainable way to make side income.

Also interested in seeing how the whole getting bought thing plays out.
HandyUghes is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 08:04 AM
  #7148  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: fifi whisperer
Posts: 1,245
Default

Originally Posted by Rabid Seagull View Post
But, but Gigity addressed that on an 'ask 'section and she said we're not for sale. I believe her . I enjoyed reading the comments section and all those that thanked her for her honesty - she might send you a post card from her HDN hideaway.



Clearly, everyone is for sale for the right price. Its just bothersome that they can't be open and honest with us. Sort of like how we are all about "organic growth" when we were trying to buy virgin


Our market cap is 5.242B. Not a bad deal for 240ish airplanes, 3600 pilots, and great real estate in JFK, FLL, MCO, and BOS


Isn't the cost of the JFK expansion supposed to be about 1/2 of our market cap?
seekingblue is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 08:21 AM
  #7149  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,473
Default

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
Clearly, everyone is for sale for the right price. Its just bothersome that they can't be open and honest with us. Sort of like how we are all about "organic growth" when we were trying to buy virgin


Our market cap is 5.242B. Not a bad deal for 240ish airplanes, 3600 pilots, and great real estate in JFK, FLL, MCO, and BOS


Isn't the cost of the JFK expansion supposed to be about 1/2 of our market cap?
So market cap is 5.3. Meaning it would cost 8b to buy out.
hilltopflyer is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:00 AM
  #7150  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,445
Default

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
Clearly, everyone is for sale for the right price. Its just bothersome that they can't be open and honest with us. Sort of like how we are all about "organic growth" when we were trying to buy virgin


Our market cap is 5.242B. Not a bad deal for 240ish airplanes, 3600 pilots, and great real estate in JFK, FLL, MCO, and BOS


Isn't the cost of the JFK expansion supposed to be about 1/2 of our market cap?
According to this article it's $2-3B for the expansion.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-closer-to-expansion-at-jfk/

So maybe more than half our market cap. I didn't realize how expensive it was going to be. This doesn't bode well for expanding the fleet size. We will be leveraged up to the hilt.

If we had held cash instead of buying back $1B of stock at $22/share maybe it wouldn't require as much financing.
Maybe we can use the steady stream of profits from our tech ventures to pay for it.
PasserOGas is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoomie
Major
36
01-28-2015 12:44 PM
iahflyr
Major
27
09-30-2014 10:04 AM
Mason32
Regional
270
07-27-2010 07:01 PM
Scott34567
Regional
39
05-29-2008 08:08 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 08:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread