Envoy

Subscribe
30  430  480  520  526  527  528  529  530  531  532  533  534  540  580  630  1030 
Page 530 of 1100
Go to
Quote: That does suck.
This exactly describes my experience with reserve here.
Sometimes when called in off a RAP for standby they would give me only a 6 hour standby shift.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote: Sometimes when called in off a RAP for standby they would give me only a 6 hour standby shift.
FYI- If you are replacing a current standby pilot, you only do the remainder of that pilot's shift. If they were doing a standby shift from 600-1400 and they call you at 900, then you would only be there from 1100-1400 (1200-1400 at LGA).
I worked at a gas station when I was 18, getting just a tad over minimum wage. One night, I walked into the bathroom.

There was literal crap everywhere. The walls, the floor, even the bloody ceiling.

And to top it all off, the toilet itself was destroyed. Not broken..destroyed like with a sledgehammer. Porcelain was everywhere. Water was everywhere. Crap was everywhere. And the smell..oh God the smell.

I'm not proud of this..but I walked out. Put an "out of order" sign on the door and just walked away.

So these days..if I get called in to sit standby for a couple of hours..I'm not bothered. At least I'm not ice skating in literal crap.
Quote: I worked at a gas station when I was 18, getting just a tad over minimum wage. One night, I walked into the bathroom.

There was literal crap everywhere. The walls, the floor, even the bloody ceiling.

And to top it all off, the toilet itself was destroyed. Not broken..destroyed like with a sledgehammer. Porcelain was everywhere. Water was everywhere. Crap was everywhere. And the smell..oh God the smell.

I'm not proud of this..but I walked out. Put an "out of order" sign on the door and just walked away.

So these days..if I get called in to sit standby for a couple of hours..I'm not bothered. At least I'm not ice skating in literal crap.
Perspective, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm ex military so the stuff they do to reserve guys is cake compared to some of the stupid stuff they've put us through
Quote: Perspective, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm ex military so the stuff they do to reserve guys is cake compared to some of the stupid stuff they've put us through
And to be fair, attitudes like this are why the contract won't improve and one of the reasons legacies love hiring military.
Quote: And to be fair, attitudes like this are why the contract won't improve and one of the reasons legacies love hiring military.
To be fair...you should read up on the history of pilots vs management going back to the times, not that long ago, when 90%+ were ex military pilots. I'm sure they would love to hear your suggestion that they just accept anything.
Quote: And to be fair, attitudes like this are why the contract won't improve and one of the reasons legacies love hiring military.
I just feel like a lot of guys on these boards have entitled attitudes. They think the world is ending because their trip didn't end at the right times, or had to get down to so sim training within 24 hours. Are you kidding me? Hop on a plane and go... You've been sitting at home on a free vacation.

Just my ignorant and naive opinion.
Quote: I just feel like a lot of guys on these boards have entitled attitudes. They think the world is ending because their trip didn't end at the right times, or had to get down to so sim training within 24 hours. Are you kidding me? Hop on a plane and go... You've been sitting at home on a free vacation.

I'll toast to this post.

Didn't mean for that to rhyme.
Quote: I just feel like a lot of guys on these boards have entitled attitudes. They think the world is ending because their trip didn't end at the right times, or had to get down to so sim training within 24 hours. Are you kidding me? Hop on a plane and go... You've been sitting at home on a free vacation.

EXACTLY. Someone gets it.

I'm a military aviator as well and these guys have no idea of how good they have it. Being an airline pilot is arguably one of the easiest, cushiest jobs out there -- in or outside of aviation. I think a lot of you have a very distorted perception of your slice of reality. Just my 0.0001 BTC.
30  430  480  520  526  527  528  529  530  531  532  533  534  540  580  630  1030 
Page 530 of 1100
Go to