Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
SkyWest Regional Airline
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 06:09 AM   #11
Prime Minister
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 19,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by word302 View Post
Except the company does not set block times, the partners do. I wish more people would educate themselves before spewing nonsense.
Yes. If block or better is something you want to pursue, it would need to be based on marketing block so it cannot be manipulated.
rickair7777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:13 AM   #12
Prime Minister
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 19,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSkies View Post

Reflow after check-in is voluntary but must pay 150% minimum.
Why set a fixed rate for VOLUNTARY reflow? If they don't offer enough, then don't do it. That creates a free-market system, in some cases they'd probably offer 300%...

Invol reflow (of any sort) should have pay protection for what you bid PLUS at least 150% on the reflow.
rickair7777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:58 AM   #13
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Why set a fixed rate for VOLUNTARY reflow? If they don't offer enough, then don't do it. That creates a free-market system, in some cases they'd probably offer 300%...

Invol reflow (of any sort) should have pay protection for what you bid PLUS at least 150% on the reflow.
Which would then set the cap to any market rate .... so it better be higher than 150%.
N1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #14
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 688
Default

Our partners set the block times. Educate yourself on block or better and why we're getting screwed people. Block or better needs to be one of the top priorities.

After that, I would like to see incentives for more flying or pick ups on off days (percentage override after x hours awarded/ flown, automatically start at 150% and go up from there). I would also like to see compensation for ridiculously long sits whether scheduled or actual (mtx delays, etc). Get rid of "scheduled" and replace with "actual" for duty rigs. Too many instances of people getting paid 4-5 hours credit for a max FDP day (myself included). Complete crap and destroys morale.

Anything less than Republic hourly rates is an automatic no vote from me.

And stop proposing 5 year deals in this market.



*rant over*
hawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:38 AM   #15
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
an automatic no vote from me.
Do you get to vote? What say do any of the pilots have in these talks?
Jerry Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #16
Prime Minister
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 19,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1234 View Post
Which would then set the cap to any market rate .... so it better be higher than 150%.
There's no reason it would set the cap for market rate, the two are not related.
rickair7777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:26 AM   #17
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
There's no reason it would set the cap for market rate, the two are not related.
Of course they do. Once the voluntary reflow turns into an involuntary reflow there is a cap.

Just like not offering more than $800 for a denied boarding and then resort to call the airport cops for Chinese take-out.
N1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:29 AM   #18
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
Our partners set the block times. Educate yourself on block or better and why we're getting screwed people. Block or better needs to be one of the top priorities.

After that, I would like to see incentives for more flying or pick ups on off days (percentage override after x hours awarded/ flown, automatically start at 150% and go up from there). I would also like to see compensation for ridiculously long sits whether scheduled or actual (mtx delays, etc). Get rid of "scheduled" and replace with "actual" for duty rigs. Too many instances of people getting paid 4-5 hours credit for a max FDP day (myself included). Complete crap and destroys morale.

Anything less than Republic hourly rates is an automatic no vote from me.

And stop proposing 5 year deals in this market.



*rant over*
Chip “dial up DL/UA/AS/AA”. Can you please trim all block hours for each flight by :15 mins. Thanks. Click...
amcnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #19
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Springer View Post
Do you get to vote? What say do any of the pilots have in these talks?
What kind of question is this? Any TA proposal that is presented to the pilots gets voted on to be approved/ denied.
hawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:47 AM   #20
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcnd View Post
Chip “dial up DL/UA/AS/AA”. Can you please trim all block hours for each flight by :15 mins. Thanks. Click...
And then on time performance tanks.
hawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Contract Opener 22 Dec 15 Schwanker Delta 306 01-14-2016 11:09 AM
Dissenting LEC votes speak for me CloudSailor FedEx 96 10-17-2015 07:20 AM
Food for thought...DAL TA payrates FedElta Cargo 87 07-17-2015 07:26 AM
Details on Delta TA gzsg Delta 10296 07-10-2015 01:42 PM
Cal mec jcba ta pro statement CAL EWR United 44 11-26-2012 01:29 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:48 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.