Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 AM
  #4981  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Whaledriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Left Seat
Posts: 466
Default

Atlas has one training facility, but no 767 sim yet, so we run the 767 guys thru MIA Boeing. Maybe Boeing has a pre-approved short course?
Whaledriver is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 AM
  #4982  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: Wind checker
Posts: 763
Default

Had a friend get the phone interview and the test link yesterday. He was told that interviews would start immediately after the New Year to replenish the pool for classes beginning soon after the interviews.
hvydvr is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 AM
  #4983  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JerrySpringer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ
Posts: 441
Default

So it seems it's kind of like this:

1) Never, EVER, turn down a seniority number due to some sense of false pride (reference our post above with 744driver who's a 767 CA). Never

2) 10 folks starting on Monday are a full-on initial class. 767 or whatever

3) The LOA requires individuals to meet the requirements of the short-course initial 767. (That's all it says)

4) We have an FAA-approved 767 short-course. It's in our books. I looked, it exists.

5) Nothing says that if we have individuals that meet the short-course mandate that they will, indeed, be subjected to anything less than the full-on super long (errr, excuse me, regular) initial program.

6) Nothing says individuals in the pool are bypassed, excluded or otherwise ignored. I'm not sure that those in the know about who gets plucked when would divulge that either.

Good luck and Happy Festivus. The airing of grievances will continue at the regular scheduled time and place.
JerrySpringer is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 AM
  #4984  
Gets Weekends Off
 
worldfr8dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Exploring the world, oh yeah and I fly big planes!
Posts: 140
Default

5) Nothing says that if we have individuals that meet the short-course mandate that they will, indeed, be subjected to anything less than the full-on super long (errr, excuse me, regular) initial program.

Thank you Jerry for the valuable info!

Would you happen to have any more intel for the poolies? Are there any whispers about classes, amounts in the pool with the new development with this Dec 17th class, and other such info poolies do so crave?

Thank you!
worldfr8dog is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 AM
  #4985  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JerrySpringer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ
Posts: 441
Default

Originally Posted by worldfr8dog View Post
Would you happen to have any more intel for the poolies? Are there any whispers about classes, amounts in the pool with the new development with this Dec 17th class, and other such info poolies do so crave?
Nope, sorry. Anything on that front would be just a WAG or total conjecture.

I'll make up stuff though, if you'd like.
JerrySpringer is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 AM
  #4986  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 548
Default

We have the possibility (probability) of a vacancy award that will publish on the 15th and if it does will give a short term idea of where and how many openings there are in the next 90 or so days.

Atlas does not put out a bid as many companies do, they look at there needs at the end of every month and publish an award from the standing bid sheets on the following 15th if there is a need. We have been told through the grapevine that there will be one in December, so now you know everything that we do, which is very little.
Whale Driver is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM
  #4987  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 610
Default

How does one update their resume/paq on file?
f10a is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 AM
  #4988  
Gets Weekends Off
 
744driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer View Post
So it seems it's kind of like this:

1) Never, EVER, turn down a seniority number due to some sense of false pride (reference our post above with 744driver who's a 767 CA). Never

2) 10 folks starting on Monday are a full-on initial class. 767 or whatever

3) The LOA requires individuals to meet the requirements of the short-course initial 767. (That's all it says)

4) We have an FAA-approved 767 short-course. It's in our books. I looked, it exists.

5) Nothing says that if we have individuals that meet the short-course mandate that they will, indeed, be subjected to anything less than the full-on super long (errr, excuse me, regular) initial program.

6) Nothing says individuals in the pool are bypassed, excluded or otherwise ignored. I'm not sure that those in the know about who gets plucked when would divulge that either.

Good luck and Happy Festivus. The airing of grievances will continue at the regular scheduled time and place.
The only thing I would add to your most excellent posting is to NEVER, EVER, turn down an upgrade...especially if it involves a new type-rating that you don't have.

I just ran into several guys in Germany couple of weeks ago that are senior to me on the list and DIDN"T bid the 767 CA seat...two of them told me that they should have bid the 767 Left seat when it was offered last year. They say that because they don't think they will get the 744 left seat during the three years that I am in the Left seat on the 767, making a lot more money, and gaining valuable CA experience on a heavy jet...and it has already been 15 months since my three year equipment lock started!! Time flies when you're having fun, right?!!
744driver is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 AM
  #4989  
Gets Weekends Off
 
worldfr8dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Exploring the world, oh yeah and I fly big planes!
Posts: 140
Default

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer View Post
Nope, sorry.
I'll make up stuff though, if you'd like.
After careful deliberation, I have decided on behalf of the poolies, we could use some encouragement whether in the form of a WAG or otherwise, so yes please, conjecture away ;-D
worldfr8dog is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 AM
  #4990  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: 767 Line Check Airman
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by 744driver View Post
The only thing I would add to your most excellent posting is to NEVER, EVER, turn down an upgrade...especially if it involves a new type-rating that you don't have.

I just ran into several guys in Germany couple of weeks ago that are senior to me on the list and DIDN"T bid the 767 CA seat...two of them told me that they should have bid the 767 Left seat when it was offered last year. They say that because they don't think they will get the 744 left seat during the three years that I am in the Left seat on the 767, making a lot more money, and gaining valuable CA experience on a heavy jet...and it has already been 15 months since my three year equipment lock started!! Time flies when you're having fun, right?!!
For those senior to me please ignore the quote above.
Malex4u is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM
astropilot92571
Hiring News
4
04-26-2005 08:58 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices