Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Delta
DL Hiring: New Process >

DL Hiring: New Process


Notices

DL Hiring: New Process

Old 03-30-2023, 07:06 AM
  #3661  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2021
Posts: 598
Default

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers
Do you even see the irony of your post?
Come on, I know even you have to be smiling at the irony.
You managed to group ALL military officers into one pigeon hole of your perspective because of 1 single post by CAFB.
He stated an opinion that he thought it was unnecessary especially when hired by AA already. I can see how someone might wonder about that.

I can't understand your, "what appears" to be, deep seated "hatred" for ALL military. I think there is a term for what you are doing.
I have no hatred for the military. I just don't think they deserve special privileges.... like getting a job at Delta without going through the same vetting process as everyone else hired from outside the company.

Don't you see the irony that you're making sweeping assumptions of me based on some meaningless social media posts?

Since you see things that way, I guess all the vitriolic posts you guys make on chitchat - tied to your real names - against democrats, women, junior pilots, people of color, LGBT, company executives, etc. also reflect real life opinions? In that case, maybe chitchat screenshots should be shared with HR and the CPO. I'm sure they'd be impressed and laugh it off as ironic social media trolling.
Tropical is offline  
Old 03-30-2023, 07:31 AM
  #3662  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 3,234
Default

Originally Posted by Tropical
I have no hatred for the military. I just don't think they deserve special privileges.... like getting a job at Delta without going through the same vetting process as everyone else hired from outside the company.
Nobody said they deserved special privileges'. You read that into his wondering(as many do) "what is Delta looking for. I passed all this at AA and got a CJO". His musing, "That you would think 20 unblemished military record would speak for itself". I find his curiosity to be reasonable from a civilian perspective of "thoughts".

Originally Posted by Tropical
Don't you see the irony that you're making sweeping assumptions of me based on some meaningless social media posts?
No, that is exactly what you did on your entry to the engagement at the "Fights on" call. You made baseless, far reaching assumptions, about ALL military pilots and read way more into his "naïve" curiosity.


Originally Posted by Tropical
Since you see things that way, I guess all the vitriolic posts you guys make on chitchat - tied to your real names - against democrats, women, junior pilots, people of color, LGBT, company executives, etc. also reflect real life opinions? In that case, maybe chitchat screenshots should be shared with HR and the CPO. I'm sure they'd be impressed and laugh it off as ironic social media trolling.
You asked about straw man arguments before? Yeah, I'm not on CC nor FB . I unregistered 6-7 years ago due to posts like yours.

Good day
Buck Rogers is offline  
Old 03-30-2023, 07:38 AM
  #3663  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2021
Posts: 598
Default

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers
Nobody said they deserved special privileges'. You read that into his wondering(as many do) "what is Delta looking for. I passed all this at AA and got a CJO". His musing, "That you would think 20 unblemished military record would speak for itself". I find his curiosity to be reasonable from a civilian perspective of "thoughts".

No, that is exactly what you did on your entry to the engagement at the "Fights on" call. You made baseless, far reaching assumptions, about ALL military pilots and read way more into his "naïve" curiosity.

You asked about straw man arguments before? Yeah, I'm not on CC nor FB . I unregistered 6-7 years ago due to posts like yours.

Good day
Like many in your peer group, you lack self
awareness, and the inability to see the comedic hypocritical irony in your own statements.

Have a nice day.
Tropical is offline  
Old 03-30-2023, 07:52 AM
  #3664  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2021
Posts: 598
Default

One last thing. I find it extremely unbelievable that you post here on this social media as frequently as you do, but claimed to have quit Facebook and chitchat "6 or seven years ago".

Now have a nice day.
Tropical is offline  
Old 03-30-2023, 08:01 AM
  #3665  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 3,234
Default

You seem pretty vested in this.
I have never, ever been on FB and if you are curious about CC......go look for any posts in the past 6 or 7 years that you find emulate my unorthodox writing style. Namely the use or.... to separate pauses in thoughts and "wonderings". I believe when i deregistered 6-7 years ago, it deleted my posts but I'm not sure as I haven't been back . You used to have to be signed up to read CC maybe that's changed.

I don't know how I can prove anything else to you. You, on the other hand, have proved lots to me here by your CCesque posts.


Anything else?
Buck Rogers is offline  
Old 03-30-2023, 08:46 AM
  #3666  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,100
Default

A resume that documents 20 years of military service doesn’t really mean crap. There always needs to be some sort of sh** screen so that the organization is able to keep the most obvious weirdos/douchebags out.

The interview is not to validate your work history, it’s to validate whether you fit with the company culture and/or if you’re a nut. Not sure what the online tests actually do, they seem pretty stupid to me, but maybe the company thinks they assist in the validation process.

I’m also against any kind of flow that doesn’t include a sh** screen, for the same reason. Flying Delta pax around at a regional for 10 years says nothing about whether you’re an awful person to fly with or not.

Personally, Delta could have hired a few less O-6 Eagle types… but I guess the company likes them because they make great chief pilots though.
jaxsurf is offline  
Old 03-30-2023, 09:06 AM
  #3667  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2021
Posts: 598
Default

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers
You seem pretty vested in this.
I have never, ever been on FB and if you are curious about CC......go look for any posts in the past 6 or 7 years that you find emulate my unorthodox writing style. Namely the use or.... to separate pauses in thoughts and "wonderings". I believe when i deregistered 6-7 years ago, it deleted my posts but I'm not sure as I haven't been back . You used to have to be signed up to read CC maybe that's changed.

I don't know how I can prove anything else to you. You, on the other hand, have proved lots to me here by your CCesque posts.


Anything else?
I thought you were done?

I'm only a lurker on CC. I've literally never posted. So another swing and a miss.
Tropical is offline  
Old 03-30-2023, 09:51 AM
  #3668  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 3,234
Default

Originally Posted by Tropical
I thought you were done?

I'm only a lurker on CC. I've literally never posted. So another swing and a miss.
You are surprisingly poor at reading comprehension. I stated that your abrasive nature here on APC is worthy of CC posts from what I remember.

And, the reason I left CC was due to their unmitigated vitriol. (Consequently, I am compelled to call out your boorish behavior here(my perception))

I was happy to blow thru the merge, but you seem to want to stay engaged until we end up down at the hard floor. We can continue this energy depleting Luffberry circle ad-nauseum.

This seems like thread drift since the title is DL hiring: New Process. How bout I give you 1 final rebuttal to get it all out of your system.

You're on
Buck Rogers is offline  
Old 03-30-2023, 10:08 AM
  #3669  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat
Posts: 12,544
Default

Originally Posted by Tropical
Hold on just a second. This guy literally said that because he's a 20 year military veteran, he doesn't think he should have to take the same tests everyone has to. I guess Delta should just salute him and put him in class?
I didn't look at what he said like that.

In his defense, he made a lot of sense. He didn't say his military creds should entitle him to the class of his choice. Just that 20 years flying in the mil should suffice for the silly balance the ball on the see-saw while counting backwards tests.

The one thing about mil pilots that I think everyone can agree on is that as a group they bring at least a guaranteed average acceptable (or better) standard that is widely recognized by pretty much everyone in the industry. The fact that someone could successfully navigate a 20 year military flying career but not get a job offer because of some high theory "cog test" implied derivatives is kind of silly when you think about it.

He also didn't say he shouldn't have to interview.
gloopy is offline  
Old 03-30-2023, 11:03 AM
  #3670  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 6,716
Default

Originally Posted by gloopy
I didn't look at what he said like that.

In his defense, he made a lot of sense. He didn't say his military creds should entitle him to the class of his choice. Just that 20 years flying in the mil should suffice for the silly balance the ball on the see-saw while counting backwards tests.
I love that your response to “This guy literally said that because he's a 20 year military veteran, he doesn't think he should have to take the same tests everyone has to” was to disagree that the mil person said that, then agree that they should be exempt from the testing.
OOfff is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
GeeWizDriver
NetJets
1409
06-29-2023 05:25 PM
EUhoppa
Career Questions
10
07-22-2013 11:13 AM
sl0wr0ll3r
United
114
11-22-2010 03:40 PM
PistolP
Regional
12
11-22-2006 08:20 PM
Pylot
Hangar Talk
8
09-04-2006 05:13 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices