Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Delta
DL Hiring: New Process >

DL Hiring: New Process

Notices

DL Hiring: New Process

Old 04-13-2024, 05:38 AM
  #5001  
Super Moderator
 
FangsF15's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,363
Default

Originally Posted by elon View Post
not a bad sign, I know a few that have gone through the interview process twice and got it the second time around. make sure to use those 3 months to add to your resume something other than just flying though like volunteering or CA upgrade if that's possible where you're currently at.
While it sounds reasonable, but this is unnecessary for DL. He/she got the invite already, so adding to the resume is moot at this point. The company even told him/her not to reapply, just to keep his/her hours updated. “Strengthening” the app won’t help, because he/she already “passed” that hurdle.

The reason he/she didn’t get the CJO was something on interview day, most likely what or how something was said in the HR interview portion.

Lots of people have gotten the CJO the second time around. Seriously. Lots. So don’t sweat it. Even if you did interview prep, refresh it. Be humble and reflect in a positive way on what may have tripped you up. Turn it into a positive (“I learned X about myself”, or something). The fact DL called you for an interview means DL already wants to hire you - you just need to pass the last checkpoint. Best of luck.
FangsF15 is offline  
Old 04-13-2024, 05:47 AM
  #5002  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jun 2022
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by ChronicFatigue View Post
Anyone get a class date recently? When did you interview if so?
Bump, bonus points for mil.

Interview end of Feb, still waitin...Ive heard of a couple 121 dudes (one from my date) that got 5/21 already...
SlowLoris372 is offline  
Old 04-13-2024, 10:15 AM
  #5003  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2023
Position: A320B
Posts: 41
Default

Originally Posted by FangsF15 View Post
While it sounds reasonable, but this is unnecessary for DL. He/she got the invite already, so adding to the resume is moot at this point. The company even told him/her not to reapply, just to keep his/her hours updated. “Strengthening” the app won’t help, because he/she already “passed” that hurdle.

The reason he/she didn’t get the CJO was something on interview day, most likely what or how something was said in the HR interview portion.

Lots of people have gotten the CJO the second time around. Seriously. Lots. So don’t sweat it. Even if you did interview prep, refresh it. Be humble and reflect in a positive way on what may have tripped you up. Turn it into a positive (“I learned X about myself”, or something). The fact DL called you for an interview means DL already wants to hire you - you just need to pass the last checkpoint. Best of luck.
Not disagreeing with you, but I say this because sometimes the thing you add to your resume can be the thing you bring up in your interview that helps you get past the finish line. I know of at least two people who didnt make it the first time, went and volunteered for a DEI org between interviews, and made it the second round. Was this the difference maker? Who knows, but if you have the free time why not use it constructively to broaden the possible responses you can give in your interview.
elon is offline  
Old 04-13-2024, 11:08 AM
  #5004  
Super Moderator
 
FangsF15's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,363
Default

Originally Posted by elon View Post
Not disagreeing with you, but I say this because sometimes the thing you add to your resume can be the thing you bring up in your interview that helps you get past the finish line. I know of at least two people who didnt make it the first time, went and volunteered for a DEI org between interviews, and made it the second round. Was this the difference maker? Who knows, but if you have the free time why not use it constructively to broaden the possible responses you can give in your interview.
I would certainly agree with the bold. It’s not a bad thing to add to a resume. It’s just not necessary in that it’s not what is going to make the difference in and of itself. Once they send the interview invite, they have decided they want to hire you, but do the interview to be sure you are a good fit.

The way it was explained to me was that they have a minimum “score” for each area of the process. Each of them essentially pass/fail. If you got the invite, you already met the minimum score, and can’t “pass” anymore than you already did. I just wouldn’t want anyone to put effort solely into broadening your resume when it was something in the interview itself that fell short. That’s where the focus needs to be, on improving the interview skill (assuming that’s where the hiccup was).
FangsF15 is offline  
Old 04-13-2024, 01:58 PM
  #5005  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2023
Position: A320B
Posts: 41
Default

Originally Posted by FangsF15 View Post
I would certainly agree with the bold. It’s not a bad thing to add to a resume. It’s just not necessary in that it’s not what is going to make the difference in and of itself. Once they send the interview invite, they have decided they want to hire you, but do the interview to be sure you are a good fit.

The way it was explained to me was that they have a minimum “score” for each area of the process. Each of them essentially pass/fail. If you got the invite, you already met the minimum score, and can’t “pass” anymore than you already did. I just wouldn’t want anyone to put effort solely into broadening your resume when it was something in the interview itself that fell short. That’s where the focus needs to be, on improving the interview skill (assuming that’s where the hiccup was).
This is really good to know, appreciate the insight Fangs!
elon is offline  
Old 04-14-2024, 09:43 AM
  #5006  
Out for a bit
 
Joined APC: Feb 2023
Position: On Leave
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by fox2mike28 View Post
So I just got invited in for a Delta interview but will have to solve a vexing paperwork problem before then. I was in the USN/USNR (non-aviation) from 2008 to 2016 and it looks like in accordance with the military section of the document checklist I will have to provide a complete set of my fitreps when I get to the interview. My problem is that do not have all of my fitreps on hand. I have some of them, maybe 5-6, but not the full set. Will this be a major problem?

It’s my fault that I did not do more back in 2016 to diligently corral all my fitreps before bailing out and I am now kicking myself. But in my defense, I’ve never encountered a civilian job before that demanded to see them and it was not part of the Navy’s outprocessing checklist to corral all your fitreps in the same way it definitely was to get the applicable copies of your DD-214s and medical file for VA use. I’m good-to-go with those.

I will certainly send in a request for my OMPF to BUPERS-313 right away and hopefully will get it back in time for my early June interview, but in the event that I don’t, any recommendations? Thanks.
DoD MilConnect (Google for the correct link) has an option to request any documentation they have from a personnel records standpoint. I used it a couple years ago and got documents that I had assumed were lost forever. Might not be a bad place to start.

Not sure how big a deal it will be if you don’t have all of them, but IIRC, they were big on having ALL the documentation requested. If the MilConnect tactic doesn’t work, I would reach out to the folks at pilot hiring and explain the situation. They would be able to provide some insight. Good luck!
Variable39 is offline  
Old 04-23-2024, 05:58 AM
  #5007  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2022
Posts: 152
Default

Originally Posted by SlowLoris372 View Post
Bump, bonus points for mil.

Interview end of Feb, still waitin...Ive heard of a couple 121 dudes (one from my date) that got 5/21 already...

anyone heard about June yet?
ChronicFatigue is offline  
Old 04-23-2024, 06:15 AM
  #5008  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2020
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by ChronicFatigue View Post
anyone heard about June yet?
06 MAR CJO, cleared to climb on 3 April. Mil guy. Still waiting. Should be 6 weeks from the first june class so I'm hoping invites go out sometime this week.
Jtb10 is online now  
Old 04-23-2024, 07:57 AM
  #5009  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jan 2023
Posts: 20
Default

Saw the video update on FB regarding qualifications and experience increasing to be comptetive. Apart from things mentioned in the video (moving to left seat, leadership roles, etc), have any flight time requirements increased?
CBrF3 is offline  
Old 04-23-2024, 08:12 AM
  #5010  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2024
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by Jtb10 View Post
06 MAR CJO, cleared to climb on 3 April. Mil guy. Still waiting. Should be 6 weeks from the first june class so I'm hoping invites go out sometime this week.
let us know please!
Flippinheck is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
GeeWizDriver
NetJets
1409
06-29-2023 05:25 PM
EUhoppa
Career Questions
10
07-22-2013 11:13 AM
sl0wr0ll3r
United
114
11-22-2010 03:40 PM
PistolP
Regional
12
11-22-2006 08:20 PM
Pylot
Hangar Talk
8
09-04-2006 05:13 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices