Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2018, 12:44 PM   #20921  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: 737 FO
Posts: 1,493
Default

Sad to hear SJ is gone... something must have happened but he really was a good guy.
Baradium is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #20922  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler
Posts: 2,001
Default

Here are the first A220 routes:

LGA-BOS, LGA-DFW, DTW-DFW, LGA-IAH, MSP-DTW, IAH-MSP, IAH-SLC, JFK-DFW

Donít know why I cared to share that.
TalkTurkey is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 04:52 PM   #20923  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Up Front
Posts: 1,243
Default

The A220 reminds me of the look and feel of a more modern DC-9, the forerunner of the MD-80 (kind of a stretch of the DC-9). Same seating capacity. Definitely a mainline airplane.

I look forward to riding in the back of one of them in the future.

PAX will board and not have the impression of flying a regional.
TransWorld is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #20924  
Endeavah
 
Mesabah's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkTurkey View Post
Here are the first A220 routes:

LGA-BOS, LGA-DFW, DTW-DFW, LGA-IAH, MSP-DTW, IAH-MSP, IAH-SLC, JFK-DFW

Don’t know why I cared to share that.
They shouldn't be using CRJs on those routes anyways, only the E175 or mainline.
Mesabah is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #20925  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Avroman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA
Posts: 2,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
They shouldn't be using CRJs on those routes anyways, only the E175 or mainline.
Then short of cancellation fodder in New York what good is Endeavor???
Avroman is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 04:56 AM   #20926  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avroman View Post
Then short of cancellation fodder in New York what good is Endeavor???
*Shrug* who cares. Most of us dont and wont be here to find out when they park us and 100% of us get cancellation pay.

More A220s please, and woe to the next FO whinning at me their "sweet long routes" are going away to mainline. That's what we want. Less Skywest growth would be alright too, but Delta loves to claim numbers matters but instead reward cheap so no one can claim surprise.
theUpsideDown is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 05:17 AM   #20927  
Gets Weekends Off
 
VoiceOfReason's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: CR9 CA, FT Minivan Driver
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theUpsideDown View Post
*Shrug* who cares. Most of us dont and wont be here to find out when they park us and 100% of us get cancellation pay.

More A220s please, and woe to the next FO whinning at me their "sweet long routes" are going away to mainline. That's what we want. Less Skywest growth would be alright too, but Delta loves to claim numbers matters but instead reward cheap so no one can claim surprise.
Still butt-hurt over OO getting EAS contracts? Geez, let it go, man. They aren't really growing on the DL side...unless you blindly see those 20 new 70-seat 900s going to them as growth (until you remember they're replacing dated metal).

Concern yourself with what you're doing to make a difference. Prepare your stories and get ready for your DGI interview. Don't like it here, get busy leaving or get get busy flying.
VoiceOfReason is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 05:41 AM   #20928  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2018
Position: LGA Crew Room Supervisor
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theUpsideDown View Post
*Shrug* who cares. Most of us dont and wont be here to find out when they park us and 100% of us get cancellation pay.

More A220s please, and woe to the next FO whinning at me their "sweet long routes" are going away to mainline. That's what we want. Less Skywest growth would be alright too, but Delta loves to claim numbers matters but instead reward cheap so no one can claim surprise.
Agreed. More A220s and similar aircraft being operated by mainline = more mainline jobs and less regional flying. This is a good thing for all of us.
FollowCompanyRJ is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 06:00 AM   #20929  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowCompanyRJ View Post
Agreed. More A220s and similar aircraft being operated by mainline = more mainline jobs and less regional flying. This is a good thing for all of us.
Isn't Delta going to hire the same number of 9e pilots regardless
if they buy more a220's or not? How is that good for a current 9e
pilots if they take away our AC? Hint (its not) unless they would increase their number of 9e pilots hired proportionally.
msprj2 is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 06:21 AM   #20930  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprj2 View Post
Isn't Delta going to hire the same number of 9e pilots regardless
if they buy more a220's or not? How is that good for a current 9e
pilots if they take away our AC? Hint (its not) unless they would increase their number of 9e pilots hired proportionally.
It's ok to hope wild growth at mainline gives us all a shot to move on in greater numbers. Cheer for the right growth even if it doesn't mean immediately good things for us, and trust in the long term good that helps eveyone.
theUpsideDown is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta Hiring News WARich Delta 10839 11-18-2019 07:12 PM
The HILARITY of the Endeavor to Delta Program StraightShooter Endeavor Air 121 06-18-2014 11:02 AM
"Latest and Greatest" about jetBlue Crash Major 3437 01-30-2013 07:51 PM
Any "Latest & Greatest" about American? shua757 Major 2 02-24-2009 07:44 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:23 PM.