Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?


Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 01-29-2016, 09:02 AM
  #2631  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Position: LAV
Posts: 187
Default

If, through excessive cancellations, Gojet breached a provision of their agreement with Delta, it could be grounds for an early termination of the contract.
jules11 is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 09:07 AM
  #2632  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 33
Default

Originally Posted by gojo
Weren't they recently awarded 900's for Delta as well? Makes no sense. It's not like they just started sucking. Anyway, I wonder what they would do with those? And if Delta was going to spank GoJet, which really is TSA, I wonder what's in store for Compass?

My understanding was that GoJet bought these themselves. I could be wrong, but I think they were hoping to use the purchase to show growth and further spur hiring. I don't think it's worked out for them and now it may be worsening their already bad situation.
I too hope against pulling aircraft from another company, since it means gaining from the hardships of another pilot group. However I can see how it makes since from a business standpoint to shift labor from an unreliable source to a reliable one.
FlyinFool is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 09:12 AM
  #2633  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JSDL's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Round Two
Posts: 374
Default

Originally Posted by higney85
Gojet is in default of the contract. DL owns the -700's, but Gojet owns the -900's (they bought them). DL can pull the -700's due to default but someone has to be able to staff and maintain them for it to make any sense.
Do you know how many 700's they operate for Delta?
JSDL is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 09:13 AM
  #2634  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 146
Default

Originally Posted by JSDL
Do you know how many 700's they operate for Delta?

22. According to Wikipedia.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nh2ri15 is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 09:26 AM
  #2635  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Leroy Smith's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2012
Posts: 126
Default

Wash, rinse, repeat.

1) XYZ Air Lines takes low ball bids, hires bottom feeder regional with labor shenanigans in its origin story.

2) XYZ Air Lines is surprised that said bottom feeder doesnt do a good job. (Who could have seen that coming?)

3) Eventually, XYZ Air Lines sues said bottom feeder and breaks contract, while putting out PR to the effect of " we are reducing the number of feeders and concentrating on quality operations"....

4) Shortly thereafter XYZ Air Lines takes low ball bids, hires new bottom feeder regional with labor shenanigans in its origin story.
Leroy Smith is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 09:38 AM
  #2636  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bartok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Up Front
Posts: 1,628
Default

As long as it's not another frikkin merger....
Bartok is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 09:47 AM
  #2637  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by higney85
Gojet is in default of the contract. DL owns the -700's, but Gojet owns the -900's (they bought them). DL can pull the -700's due to default but someone has to be able to staff and maintain them for it to make any sense.
Regarding your first statement, is this public information, meaning I would be able to verify it? Considering going over to GoJet for the direct-entry captain. But perhaps I won't if there's a good chance of losing some equipment.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Jenkins1 is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 10:16 AM
  #2638  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by Leroy Smith
Wash, rinse, repeat.

1) XYZ Air Lines takes low ball bids, hires bottom feeder regional with labor shenanigans in its origin story.

2) XYZ Air Lines is surprised that said bottom feeder doesnt do a good job. (Who could have seen that coming?)

3) Eventually, XYZ Air Lines sues said bottom feeder and breaks contract, while putting out PR to the effect of " we are reducing the number of feeders and concentrating on quality operations"....

4) Shortly thereafter XYZ Air Lines takes low ball bids, hires new bottom feeder regional with labor shenanigans in its origin story.
Such is the life in the regional contract feed world.
gojo is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 10:21 AM
  #2639  
Livin' & Lovin'
 
dicec2's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2013
Posts: 123
Default

Any word on guaranteed interviews for us "black hole" guys that signed up between January and June last year?
dicec2 is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 10:29 AM
  #2640  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 294
Default

Originally Posted by dicec2
Any word on guaranteed interviews for us "black hole" guys that signed up between January and June last year?
Nope, the union should have taken the deal when they had it. I would expect to hear something shortly after the final SSP list has been sent to Delta. They are already 2 years out with pilots going to Delta, so they have plenty of time to decide what to do with your group. It would be nice to know for planning sake though.
madeinUSA is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices