Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 10-16-2016, 07:40 PM
  #7401  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Posts: 206
Default

My favorite was late ready reserve in DTW a few years back on Thanksgiving night. No flights after 4pm and no other crewmembers in the airport. Questioned them on the need for a solo ready reserve and they claimed they might need to deadhead me somewhere. When I asked how this could happen when there were no other flights they said they might charter a learjet. Didn't happen.

If you ask too many questions your head will hurt.
slowyourroll is offline  
Old 10-16-2016, 07:47 PM
  #7402  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,559
Default

I chose EDV over Envoy or XJet because I wanted to fly. The money was a nice bonus feature, for sure. Now, Envoy pays more first year, but less second year, than EDV. And FOs spend a LOT more time on reserve, so that went against my desire to fly. Hopefully for Envoy newhires, the RSV time will come down. In February, one could expect 18-24 months. IDK what it is now.

The other thing that made me choose EDV, even though they have the worst bases IMHO, was the "water cooler" attitudes. When I went to my interviews, I paid more attention to the demeanor of the folks standing around and talking than I did to the recruiters. EDV folks seemed overall to be happier, smiling more, and positive about the future. As an older person, that meant a lot more to me. Happy fellow pilots usually makes for a better working environment.

Flow makes for a good recruiting tool, but just like the EDV DGI, it can disappear at any time. Bear in mind that no matter WHERE you start, you will have an opportunity to move pretty much anywhere you want in 2-3 years. The legacies, LCCs, cargo, etc. will ALL be needing pilots. Considering the great need for pilots as retirees leave, a flow may actually slow you down some.

Originally Posted by A321gal View Post
From what I know, Endeavour's QoL, and culture beat out Envoy, pay from the charts I've seen is actually lower by hour for Endeavor but bonuses make total annual compensation equal or higher, but Envoy, PSA, and PDT have the flow, which you're pretty much guaranteed for. That's a pay raise and gets you to the majors. Going to definitely keep an eye on it and how it transforms in the next year or so. It's a tough call, still think Endeavor is leading in my thoughts by a bit, at least now I know that it's not guaranteed to get to Delta, but if you do well enough and are broadly competent you should have a decent shot to move up. Like I said before, if I don't make it into Delta and have end up at AA, United, JetBlue, or whatever, oh well. Delta is the target and I think via Endeavor I've the best shot.
HighFlight is offline  
Old 10-16-2016, 08:21 PM
  #7403  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 88
Default

For anyone curious about joining Endeavor, the timeline for me (JFK 900 Specifically) was: Hired in June, completed IOE in August, was reserve September & October, Line-holder for November.
IlikePlaness is offline  
Old 10-16-2016, 08:44 PM
  #7404  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Oct 2016
Position: Main Cabin
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by HighFlight View Post
I chose EDV over Envoy or XJet because I wanted to fly. The money was a nice bonus feature, for sure. Now, Envoy pays more first year, but less second year, than EDV. And FOs spend a LOT more time on reserve, so that went against my desire to fly. Hopefully for Envoy newhires, the RSV time will come down. In February, one could expect 18-24 months. IDK what it is now.

The other thing that made me choose EDV, even though they have the worst bases IMHO, was the "water cooler" attitudes. When I went to my interviews, I paid more attention to the demeanor of the folks standing around and talking than I did to the recruiters. EDV folks seemed overall to be happier, smiling more, and positive about the future. As an older person, that meant a lot more to me. Happy fellow pilots usually makes for a better working environment.

Flow makes for a good recruiting tool, but just like the EDV DGI, it can disappear at any time. Bear in mind that no matter WHERE you start, you will have an opportunity to move pretty much anywhere you want in 2-3 years. The legacies, LCCs, cargo, etc. will ALL be needing pilots. Considering the great need for pilots as retirees leave, a flow may actually slow you down some.
Yeah, definitely here and everywhere else I look, more Endeavor pilots seem like they're happy and those for Envoy aren't generally too excited about working there, except for when it's time for them to flow. Not to mention Envoy only pays more first year if you already have ATP written, your sign on bonus is 20K rather than 15K without, which then makes Endeavor 1st year pay equivalent to Envoy, more 2nd year, and drastically more 3rd year since you'll be looking at a promotion most likely. Only Piedmont offers something comparable, but in my mind their bases are cruddy. Ocean City, Harrisburg, Roanoake? Kinda in the middle of nowhere. I'm not really a "people person," but I do love the hustle-and-bustle of city life; none of those would give me anything near what I want. I don't need it to be on the NYC level (or CoL) but something the size of say Raleigh would be nice. Philly, not a fan of the city, honestly. So definitely in my mind

I was thinking the big advantage to the flow was that AA and UA OTS mandate bachelor's degrees, and flowing via PSA, Envoy, or PDT would exempt you, but out of thoroughness I just checked; on the required qualifications page, it only says preferred for UA and doesn't mention anything for AA, making the main reason I was wanting the flow actually doesn't exist. If I wanted into AA, it might be better to go to Endeavor, get a line and rack up hours almost right away, then apply OTS after 4 years; I'd not doubt that I'd have more hours than most Envoy pilots after 4 years.

So now, as far as I know, the only firm degree requiring airlines out there that I'd be interested in are Delta, FedEx, and JetBlue. I seem to remember saying Endeavor advertising 4 years from new hire to Delta, though I can't see that anywhere anymore, don't know where I saw that actually, maybe I fabricated it myself by adding the estimated 2 year promotion to captain as well as the 2 years required for DGI. I'd assume DGI requires the same as an OTS Delta hire, but what I could do in my 4 years or so before DGI eligibility, I could try and finish the last 2 years online at about half time and wrap it up by the time I'd be talking to Delta.
Originally Posted by IlikePlaness View Post
For anyone curious about joining Endeavor, the timeline for me (JFK 900 Specifically) was: Hired in June, completed IOE in August, was reserve September & October, Line-holder for November.
Any sign this will keep up until late 2017/early 2018? That's pretty awesome, have fun racking up your hours!
A321gal is offline  
Old 10-16-2016, 11:21 PM
  #7405  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 536
Default

Originally Posted by higney85 View Post
CNO's on mocks used to be normal. Sometimes they occur, but it was found that some bidding CNO's wanted to see a mock prior to being blocked out. In the end? CNO's count toward reserve numbers in the overall numbers, so the main premise is to let everyone see what they can get and where reserve hits, and adjust for the final in best-case lines for each pilot in the seat. It was found that some would withdraw CNO bids and reserve would hit folks who thought they had lines, which skewed expectations. That may or may not make sense. In the end, (yes, bids are closed..) but bid what you want and not what you think you can hold and if close to reserve bid in both reg/reserve with CDO/CNO as you see fit. The "group of uncertainty" will always remain between the 3 bid scopes and CNO at the bottom end of base seniority. Bid accordingly going forward if in the "wave of what you might hold".
I thought I seen CNO lines on this mock bid. You're right though the mock is really only good for seeing what you can hold.
seminolepilot is offline  
Old 10-17-2016, 06:02 AM
  #7406  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Avroman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA
Posts: 3,077
Default

Originally Posted by IlikePlaness View Post
For anyone curious about joining Endeavor, the timeline for me (JFK 900 Specifically) was: Hired in June, completed IOE in August, was reserve September & October, Line-holder for November.
November lines are already out?
Avroman is offline  
Old 10-17-2016, 06:17 AM
  #7407  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 365
Default

Originally Posted by Avroman View Post
November lines are already out?
No but June new hires are already bidding something like 55% in base on JFK 900.
AnotherWriter is offline  
Old 10-17-2016, 08:50 AM
  #7408  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Avroman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA
Posts: 3,077
Default

Originally Posted by AnotherWriter View Post
No but June new hires are already bidding something like 55% in base on JFK 900.
My how times have changed.... Just remember reserve rules still matter if you ever plan to upgrade.
Avroman is offline  
Old 10-17-2016, 12:23 PM
  #7409  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MSP7ERB's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Posts: 146
Default

Originally Posted by AnotherWriter View Post
No but June new hires are already bidding something like 55% in base on JFK 900.
June new hires at Delta are holding Captain in NYC. There is a reason is goes so junior. Great deal if you live there.
MSP7ERB is offline  
Old 10-17-2016, 12:24 PM
  #7410  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by MSP7ERB View Post
June new hires at Delta are holding Captain in NYC. There is a reason is goes so junior. Great deal if you live there.
I better get my application for Delta DEC ready
Five93H is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 11:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 08:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 07:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 07:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices