Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 05-21-2016, 07:53 PM
  #2941  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Posts: 854
Default

Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
JR lineholder in ORD 145 its being here 5 months.

I believe CRJ is around 6-7 months.
E-175 should be around 3-4 months.
E145 DFW is still around 2 yrs.
With lines like these, who needs lines.
ORDinary is offline  
Old 05-21-2016, 08:24 PM
  #2942  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Feito no Brasil, CA
Posts: 833
Default

Oh, I'm sure it's not real kick backs, you get fired for graft.
AdiosMikeFox is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 05:25 AM
  #2943  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo
Posts: 2,413
Default

Originally Posted by ORDinary View Post
With lines like these, who needs lines.
I have commutable 3 days with 16 days off, I bid 80 in ord emj fo

I saw 40+ lines with 16 or more days off
lakehouse is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 07:21 AM
  #2944  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 540
Default

Final hiring numbers for May look to be a total of 12. A class of one and the second class of the month is 11. The 11 still have to all show for class and stay so that number could possibly be revised downward.

This isn't good news as Envoy's own union has posted new hire numbers of 38 per month each and every month going forward for the flow to continue working. So at present, Envoy comes up about 26 short of what they need this month. I predicted their hiring numbers to average 15/month for the remainder of the year. Looks like this should be about right gauging the numbers for this month.

The regional model is in slow motion collapse. Even Endeavor, which offers the best package right now is hiring about 10 short of what they need each month. Skywest needs 100 per month and they are seriously struggling right now. Envoy, PSA and PDT rank in the lower half of regionals in pay. All three are bottom of the barrel with their abhorrent treatment of their pilot corps and employees in general. There are better options out there than an AAG wholly owned right now.
ag386 is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 07:26 AM
  #2945  
Gets Weekends Off
 
E175 Driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Position: E175
Posts: 686
Default

Originally Posted by ag386 View Post
Final hiring numbers for May look to be a total of 12. A class of one and the second class of the month is 11. The 11 still have to all show for class and stay so that number could possibly be revised downward.

This isn't good news as Envoy's own union has posted new hire numbers of 38 per month each and every month going forward for the flow to continue working. So at present, Envoy comes up about 26 short of what they need this month. I predicted their hiring numbers to average 15/month for the remainder of the year. Looks like this should be about right gauging the numbers for this month.

The regional model is in slow motion collapse. Even Endeavor, which offers the best package right now is hiring about 10 short of what they need each month. Skywest needs 100 per month and they are seriously struggling right now. Envoy, PSA and PDT rank in the lower half of regionals in pay. All three are bottom of the barrel with their abhorrent treatment of their pilot corps and employees in general. There are better options out there than an AAG wholly owned right now.
Im showing up tomorrow. Lets see what they offer.
E175 Driver is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 08:25 AM
  #2946  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 311
Default

The union and the company have said the flow is independent of whether Envoy gets newhires or not. Purely based on AA retirements. If they do withhold any for a particular month, they need to make it up by years end.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Inclined plane is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 08:25 AM
  #2947  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 667
Default

Originally Posted by E175 Driver View Post
Im showing up tomorrow. Lets see what they offer.
A reach around is guaranteed
Smutter is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 09:01 AM
  #2948  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Posts: 56
Default

Originally Posted by Inclined plane View Post
The union and the company have said the flow is independent of whether Envoy gets newhires or not. Purely based on AA retirements. If they do withhold any for a particular month, they need to make it up by years end.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who can believe that? Who's gonna fly envoy's planes?
ju10489 is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 09:03 AM
  #2949  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,893
Default

Originally Posted by ag386 View Post
Final hiring numbers for May look to be a total of 12. A class of one and the second class of the month is 11. The 11 still have to all show for class and stay so that number could possibly be revised downward.

This isn't good news as Envoy's own union has posted new hire numbers of 38 per month each and every month going forward for the flow to continue working. So at present, Envoy comes up about 26 short of what they need this month. I predicted their hiring numbers to average 15/month for the remainder of the year. Looks like this should be about right gauging the numbers for this month.

The regional model is in slow motion collapse. Even Endeavor, which offers the best package right now is hiring about 10 short of what they need each month. Skywest needs 100 per month and they are seriously struggling right now. Envoy, PSA and PDT rank in the lower half of regionals in pay. All three are bottom of the barrel with their abhorrent treatment of their pilot corps and employees in general. There are better options out there than an AAG wholly owned right now.
Lol you're funny.

The 38 is not for the flow, is for the 2.5 for CA. Also, have they ever stopped the flow for other thing that is not returning furloughs or bankruptcy?

How's Allegiant??? Oh wait...that's right you probably don't even work there.
PilotJ3 is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 09:23 AM
  #2950  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,350
Default

Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
The 38 is not for the flow, is for the 2.5 for CA. Also, have they ever stopped the flow for other thing that is not returning furloughs or bankruptcy.
You mean the 824 ? They haven't stopped it, but HAVE slowed it to minimum rate possible and for really no other valid reason other then they can.

There are 5 Envoy pilots out there with reduced AA seniority (a tangible loss) by being withheld in March. The relationship between the Envoy new-hire rate and the flow is not direct, but definately interrelated. If fewer pilots are brought on board then are lost to attrition which includes the flow, Envoy shrinks. If Envoy shrinks aside from needing fewer captains which slows the upgrade, Envoy cannot cover its flying and then parks aircraft. If Envoy starts parking aircraft (which soon will simply HAVE to happen considering the present hiring/attrition metrics) then that will ensure the flow runs at minimum rate, but it also dramatically increases the likelihood that other measures will be taken to preserve Envoy's viability. What those are is yet to be seen, but Envoy will not flow itself out of existence.

If the situation gets bad enough and Envoy starts to mimic Republic, they could also play the BK card and you can be sure the protected pilot flow provisions will be among the first contractual items on the block for modification as the core of that problem will be the lack of pilots just like Republic. Prior to such a situation (which also would be useful for renegotiating asset leases and even scrapping some of them), I would assume Envoy management would sit down with Envoy ALPA and you guessed it, just like so many times in the past offer them two choices of bad and worse. Bad would be voluntary agreement to modify the flow provisions giving some say to ALPA and worse would be a free ride via a judge to gut it to whatever extent they see fit with Envoy ALPA powerless on the sidelines.

Envoy is running a staffing deficit each and every month and not likely to get ahead of that curve even with a good month every now and then. The clock is ticking and so far no one has come up with a successful strategy to reset it.
eaglefly is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
satpak77
Envoy Airlines
82
03-25-2020 06:55 AM
heading180
Regional
6098
08-18-2014 02:11 PM
bernoulli1129
Regional
1809
07-17-2014 01:05 PM
DFWEMB
Envoy Airlines
48
02-03-2014 10:52 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread