Notices

Hiring / training

Old 09-27-2019, 02:23 PM
  #671  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA
Posts: 3,057
Default

Originally Posted by Powderkeg View Post
Fleet numbers, no. Hiring numbers, yes. And we all know they never hit their target so Iíll call my bookie and take the under on both bets.
I'll take that bet. I'm willing to bet we hire 250 or more pilots in 2020.

The company has lucked out that so many of us are willing to work very high hour months, month after month. The company got to take a decent break in hiring and upgrades post contract. I believe that break is coming to an end and they will have to hire a lot.
Aero1900 is offline  
Old 09-27-2019, 05:33 PM
  #672  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: CRJ-200 CA
Posts: 432
Default

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
I'll take that bet. I'm willing to bet we hire 250 or more pilots in 2020.

The company has lucked out that so many of us are willing to work very high hour months, month after month. The company got to take a decent break in hiring and upgrades post contract. I believe that break is coming to an end and they will have to hire a lot.
So you think guys will say, ďoh, itís been nice to cash my $20,000+ paycheck on the 5th, I think now Iíll just drop to 60.Ē The *****s will always be *****s... and now we as a pilot group are probably starting a precedent for 100-130 credit hour months that if we all dropped to 60, the company would take us to court claiming a work action...
NWSteeringArmer is offline  
Old 09-27-2019, 08:07 PM
  #673  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA
Posts: 3,057
Default

Originally Posted by NWSteeringArmer View Post
So you think guys will say, ďoh, itís been nice to cash my $20,000+ paycheck on the 5th, I think now Iíll just drop to 60.Ē The *****s will always be *****s... and now we as a pilot group are probably starting a precedent for 100-130 credit hour months that if we all dropped to 60, the company would take us to court claiming a work action...
I agree with what your are saying. Lots of guys are willing to work a lot for a lot of money and that's not going to change. However, as the airline continues to grow, the hiring hiatus the company has been able to take is coming to an end. I believe that a lot of pilots are flying more now than before the contract passed, and will likely continue that, but we have reached a new "pilots per plane" ratio. Hiring will resume
Aero1900 is offline  
Old 09-27-2019, 08:13 PM
  #674  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 453
Default

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
I agree with what your are saying. Lots of guys are willing to work a lot for a lot of money and that's not going to change. However, as the airline continues to grow, the hiring hiatus the company has been able to take is coming to an end. I believe that a lot of pilots are flying more now than before the contract passed, and will likely continue that, but we have reached a new "pilots per plane" ratio. Hiring will resume
The "new" pilot per plane ratio should have been predicted by ALPA, and therefore, the cost of labor factored more accurately. They got us too cheap. Don't worry I'm over it, but it was a huge mistake. Unless you're into keeping the golden goose golden, which does count for something, but still, damn!
Wheelswatch is offline  
Old 09-27-2019, 08:26 PM
  #675  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 41
Default

I would like to ask, does the company make any discrimination for expats ? I am from Italy and flying the 320 now in Europe. My wife is American and works in Denver. I know it is clear on the website that it is an equal career opportunity but maybe the recruitment team will not like people with accents etc. Anyone can shed any lights on this ? Would I have a chance to fly for Frontier or I shouldn't hope at all ? Do expats are generally accepted by the rest of the pilots ? Thank you
pilotled is offline  
Old 09-27-2019, 08:31 PM
  #676  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 461
Default

Originally Posted by pilotled View Post
I would like to ask, does the company make any discrimination for expats ? I am from Italy and flying the 320 now in Europe. My wife is American and works in Denver. I know it is clear on the website that it is an equal career opportunity but maybe the recruitment team will not like people with accents etc. Anyone can shed any lights on this ? Would I have a chance to fly for Frontier or I shouldn't hope at all ? Do expats are generally accepted by the rest of the pilots ? Thank you
At F9 Iíve flown with great people/pilots from all over the globe, accents and all. Youíd be very welcome here.
V1 McFlyerson is offline  
Old 09-27-2019, 08:36 PM
  #677  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA
Posts: 3,057
Default

Originally Posted by Wheelswatch View Post
The "new" pilot per plane ratio should have been predicted by ALPA, and therefore, the cost of labor factored more accurately. They got us too cheap. Don't worry I'm over it, but it was a huge mistake. Unless you're into keeping the golden goose golden, which does count for something, but still, damn!
Well, I mostly agree with that, but I'd say that the union did know this was going to happen. But remember, the unions job is to protect us and improve our quality of life, not get more pilots in the door. I suppose someone will argue with me on that point, but it does bring up the question of which is better; fewer pilots making lots of money or more pilots making less?

I don't really have much of a problem with the contract allowing the company to operate with a few less pilots per airplane now that we are making substantially more money.
Aero1900 is offline  
Old 09-27-2019, 09:02 PM
  #678  
Slave
 
Joined APC: Oct 2016
Position: Hot tub
Posts: 1,204
Default

Originally Posted by madmax757 View Post
According to a recent union email.

Fleet -98 aircraft by end of this year.
Fleet -113 aircraft by end of 2020.

250 new hire pilots 2020
300+ for 2021.

We currently have 1413 pilots.
So 15 A/C = 250 new Hires?
ReserveCA is offline  
Old 09-27-2019, 09:08 PM
  #679  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 41
Default

Originally Posted by V1 McFlyerson View Post
At F9 Iíve flown with great people/pilots from all over the globe, accents and all. Youíd be very welcome here.
Thank you for the information
pilotled is offline  
Old 09-28-2019, 05:11 AM
  #680  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: CRJ-200 CA
Posts: 432
Default

Originally Posted by pilotled View Post
I would like to ask, does the company make any discrimination for expats ? I am from Italy and flying the 320 now in Europe. My wife is American and works in Denver. I know it is clear on the website that it is an equal career opportunity but maybe the recruitment team will not like people with accents etc. Anyone can shed any lights on this ? Would I have a chance to fly for Frontier or I shouldn't hope at all ? Do expats are generally accepted by the rest of the pilots ? Thank you
Literally no one here cares... they hire all types here and Iíve flown with plenty of ďaccentsĒ
NWSteeringArmer is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PaulG
Hawaiian
4
10-19-2017 04:24 PM
Lbell911
Regional
34
03-13-2016 04:38 AM
HuggyU2
Part 91 and Low Time
25
03-27-2013 02:24 PM
BTDTB4
Major
29
02-14-2012 12:27 PM
JungleBus
Major
121
12-20-2008 04:13 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread