Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
sulkair

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #7721  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: EMB190 FO
Posts: 3,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtr View Post
No, but they did say that we aren't slowing down on deliveries. Something doesn't add up though as they were planning monthly classes of 25 to 30 and now 0 in the summer with no changes in deliveries?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Never know in this business. Could be staffed properly (in THEIR minds). Could be taking existing aircraft out of service for a new livery with word Blue in it and new interiors with TVs...

We are all the last to know.
Bluedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:44 AM   #7722  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
The part about the DOT saying your a major being crap. Your company, and MY company have a LONG way to go before we can call ourselves majors in the sense that most of us think about majors. Legacy is a different term altogether and simply means "before deregulation". Like Alaska. Most people wouldn't put Alaska in the same category as DL, UAL or AA especially with their current contract. Yet they are a legacy.

Defending either of our companies before our management gives us the contracts we deserve is illogical.

We aren't competitive"majors" until then. I think that's what he meant, and I read into it.

We are the fat girls at the dance right now. Wishing it wasn't true doesn't change that, unless you consider Skywest a desirable major.
I would agree with most of this. It comes down to communication skills probably. How something is said if often louder than what is said. Regardless, semantics don't interest me much. Southwest proved years ago that titles don't mean anything. We are fighting and will continue to fight for what is fair. And all the naysayers can wait until after the TA is ratified to criticize. Until then what benefit is there to pointing out the obvious? Of course we're the fat girls - and anyone who thinks otherwise apparently missed 'how to read charts' in the 2nd grade.
sulkair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #7723  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: EMB190 FO
Posts: 3,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
I would agree with most of this. It comes down to communication skills probably. How something is said if often louder than what is said. Regardless, semantics don't interest me much. Southwest proved years ago that titles don't mean anything. We are fighting and will continue to fight for what is fair. And all the naysayers can wait until after the TA is ratified to criticize. Until then what benefit is there to pointing out the obvious? Of course we're the fat girls - and anyone who thinks otherwise apparently missed 'how to read charts' in the 2nd grade.
Indeed. Hoping we can all be pretty soon...
Bluedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #7724  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtr View Post
So, it's confirmed: only 6 people in class for May and no classes for the summer. BB feels F9 is over staffed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
We are way overstaffed for the current amount of flying, at least on the FO side. Just goes to show never count on the rosy management projections when it comes to hiring and upgrades. This will probably push upgrade times into the 3-4 year range. Makes it tough to swallow when right seaters make less than half of most other AB operators. Maybe our LOA 67 Hail Mary will come through and stop the bleeding a little bit, but I don't think anyone is counting on that.
AncientAliens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #7725  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Never know in this business. Could be staffed properly (in THEIR minds). Could be taking existing aircraft out of service for a new livery with word Blue in it and new interiors with TVs...

We are all the last to know.
That's not going to happen. B6 can't afford F9. Plus we've purchased a new HQ.
Trowserchilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #7726  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Posts: 471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowserchilli View Post
Plus we've purchased a new HQ.
Simply an asset on the pre-IPO balance sheet at the moment.
PulledBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #7727  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: A320 CA
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtr View Post
No, but they did say that we aren't slowing down on deliveries. Something doesn't add up though as they were planning monthly classes of 25 to 30 and now 0 in the summer with no changes in deliveries?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Management just read threeeighteen's post and found out He and His buddies from Daytona Beech determined that we are NOT a major. Hence no more growth. It'll take a few months, I'm sure, to recover from such scathing and insightful analysis.
OpenClimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #7728  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PulledBreaker View Post
Simply an asset on the pre-IPO balance sheet at the moment.
Good point. Let's see what happens with it.
Trowserchilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #7729  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: EMB190 FO
Posts: 3,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowserchilli View Post
That's not going to happen. B6 can't afford F9. Plus we've purchased a new HQ.
That's funny.
Bluedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #7730  
Gets Weekends Off
 
madmax757's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: seated - facing forward
Posts: 344
Default

The hiring team has a big meeting tomorrow I heard.
madmax757 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frontier to do contract "fixed-fee" flying Bucking Bar Frontier 15 07-24-2011 07:07 PM
Combined 2011 Hiring Info lolwut Major 24 12-01-2010 03:21 AM
Frontier acquisition? Denver Post article 4 Fan Trashcan Mergers and Acquisitions 7 01-28-2009 09:27 AM
Alaska Airlines Welcomes Frontier Alaska As New Partner Ak Pilot Major 7 07-10-2008 09:30 AM
Frontier hiring update Freight Dog Hiring News 3 09-29-2005 04:02 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:01 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1