Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 09-16-2022, 08:19 AM
  #13581  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by MainlineFlyer View Post
If you are 24 getting hired here your resume must be pretty good.

Whatever you do, don't get comfy here. Keep your apps hot and jump to a real airline ASAP. The amount of money you'd be leaving behind by staying at this sub tier place for 40 years is in the millions.

We are about to merge with a group of low self esteem pilots. The pqy will not be improving relative to our peers.
Interesting take. I came to Spirit after 13 years at one of the most prestigious airlines in the world. I flew widebody aircraft all over the globe. My FO last week was 18 years at another top-tier airline and left there as a senior training CN on the 380. He is not the first FO I've had the pleasure of flying with who meets or exceeds my experience. You may be surprised to find just who flies for Spirit, and maybe you underestimate our understanding of our own value as professional pilots. Perhaps it's best not to use generalizations when referring to your likely future coworkers.

box
boxjockey is offline  
Old 09-16-2022, 08:49 AM
  #13582  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,474
Default

Originally Posted by boxjockey View Post
Interesting take. I came to Spirit after 13 years at one of the most prestigious airlines in the world. I flew widebody aircraft all over the globe. My FO last week was 18 years at another top-tier airline and left there as a senior training CN on the 380. He is not the first FO I've had the pleasure of flying with who meets or exceeds my experience. You may be surprised to find just who flies for Spirit, and maybe you underestimate our understanding of our own value as professional pilots. Perhaps it's best not to use generalizations when referring to your likely future coworkers.

box
he isnít talking about foreign airlines.

nobody has ever left 18 years at an American legacy to go to spirit unless they took a buy out.
RiddleEagle18 is offline  
Old 09-16-2022, 11:50 AM
  #13583  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 67
Default

Originally Posted by boxjockey View Post
Interesting take. I came to Spirit after 13 years at one of the most prestigious airlines in the world. I flew widebody aircraft all over the globe. My FO last week was 18 years at another top-tier airline and left there as a senior training CN on the 380. He is not the first FO I've had the pleasure of flying with who meets or exceeds my experience. You may be surprised to find just who flies for Spirit, and maybe you underestimate our understanding of our own value as professional pilots. Perhaps it's best not to use generalizations when referring to your likely future coworkers.

box

Prestigious? Iím guessing non-union Middle Eastern or Asian airline. Unless forced to due to economic necessity, will pass on the ďprestigeĒ.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whica Flore is offline  
Old 09-16-2022, 12:38 PM
  #13584  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: May 2022
Posts: 23
Default

Originally Posted by NYCflier12 View Post
Has anyone recently made it to Phase II and done the background, drug test and finger prints and then havenít heard anything from the company?
Yes itís been three weeks since phase 2 invite. Background check is in progress still just sit here and wait for more news is what I was told.
Dewey299 is offline  
Old 09-16-2022, 06:44 PM
  #13585  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 289
Default

Originally Posted by boxjockey View Post
Interesting take. I came to Spirit after 13 years at one of the most prestigious airlines in the world. I flew widebody aircraft all over the globe. My FO last week was 18 years at another top-tier airline and left there as a senior training CN on the 380. He is not the first FO I've had the pleasure of flying with who meets or exceeds my experience. You may be surprised to find just who flies for Spirit, and maybe you underestimate our understanding of our own value as professional pilots. Perhaps it's best not to use generalizations when referring to your likely future coworkers.

box

Look, I don't care if half your pilots came from FedEx. Your contract is among the worst in the industry (only slightly below our own). That means majority of your pilots voted yes to being at the bottom. If you wanted to continue walking and were over ridden by your "brothers" then my comment doesn't apply to you. If you did vote to accept bottom tier pay, then you underestimate your value and suffer from low self worth (at least professionaly).

We have former UAL and a TON of Airways and TWA guys here. They can be some of the WORST when it comes to fighting for more. They are tired, defeated, and tend to just roll over and take it.

As for what you are worth, in a free market you are worth what the market will bear. Most businesses raise prices until demand begins to slow. In the case of labor its driven by how easily you are replaced. We are very hard to replace. Our labor is very valuable. If we withhold it for even a short while companies fold. If we go above and beyond they large sums can be made. Know my worth? I'm worth every penny a DAL or UAL pilot is. I provide the identical service, as do you.
MainlineFlyer is offline  
Old 09-18-2022, 07:38 AM
  #13586  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Posts: 55
Default

Any groups for the 9/28 class?

Thanks!
trouljaboy is offline  
Old 09-19-2022, 08:36 AM
  #13587  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by MainlineFlyer View Post
Look, I don't care if half your pilots came from FedEx. Your contract is among the worst in the industry (only slightly below our own). That means majority of your pilots voted yes to being at the bottom. If you wanted to continue walking and were over ridden by your "brothers" then my comment doesn't apply to you. If you did vote to accept bottom tier pay, then you underestimate your value and suffer from low self worth (at least professionaly).

We have former UAL and a TON of Airways and TWA guys here. They can be some of the WORST when it comes to fighting for more. They are tired, defeated, and tend to just roll over and take it.

As for what you are worth, in a free market you are worth what the market will bear. Most businesses raise prices until demand begins to slow. In the case of labor its driven by how easily you are replaced. We are very hard to replace. Our labor is very valuable. If we withhold it for even a short while companies fold. If we go above and beyond they large sums can be made. Know my worth? I'm worth every penny a DAL or UAL pilot is. I provide the identical service, as do you.
I couldn't agree with you more!!

box
boxjockey is offline  
Old 09-19-2022, 03:18 PM
  #13588  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Posts: 35
Default

any concerns about incoming recession/economic downtrend ? Currently in a stable part 91/135 job but considering moving to 121...thoughts ??
Czpilot is offline  
Old 09-19-2022, 05:04 PM
  #13589  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by Dewey299 View Post
Yes itís been three weeks since phase 2 invite. Background check is in progress still just sit here and wait for more news is what I was told.
Did you get a background check invite or only the phase II forms and waiting to hear? Curious about process as I only submitted those forms but havenít done testing or finger printing.
flyboy043 is offline  
Old 09-19-2022, 07:21 PM
  #13590  
SDQ Base Chief
 
Flyby1206's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA
Posts: 5,290
Default

Originally Posted by Czpilot View Post
any concerns about incoming recession/economic downtrend ? Currently in a stable part 91/135 job but considering moving to 121...thoughts ??
More stable than a 91/135 job during an economic recession. We made it through Covid without any furloughs, so i think we can handle a recession. Famous last words, I know.
Flyby1206 is online now  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Freight Dog
Hiring News
26
08-01-2016 02:48 PM
RiddleEagle18
Major
1
04-21-2011 08:13 AM
tone
Hiring News
139
05-16-2010 10:34 PM
tone
Hiring News
22
04-28-2010 06:20 AM
ryane946
Major
6
02-21-2007 05:17 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread