Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue Latest and Greatest >

JetBlue Latest and Greatest


Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 10-22-2018, 06:30 AM
  #7281  
Covfefe
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 3,001
Default

Originally Posted by jtrain609
You're wrong.

I'd spell it out for you, but you'd argue, so go ahead and email the grievance committee and get yourself informed.
Also, a forum, by definition, is a place where discussion (ie debate or argument) occurs. So if you have relevant facts or opinions, state them and debate them, don’t hide behind “email the union” as your contribution. It’s weak.
BeatNavy is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 07:54 AM
  #7282  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 1,099
Default

Originally Posted by jtrain609
You're wrong.

I'd spell it out for you, but you'd argue, so go ahead and email the grievance committee and get yourself informed.
If you have an answer I would like to hear it.
benzoate is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 12:20 PM
  #7283  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Default Blue Pilots

Whats the deal with Blue Pilots? I try to register and it tells me my ID# is wrong. I've tried our several different formats, but still doesn't work. I emailed the administrator, and never heard anything back. not sure whats going on, is anybody familiar with this?
copypastemebro is offline  
Old 10-23-2018, 08:44 AM
  #7284  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,132
Default

Originally Posted by BeatNavy
I don’t think under the RLA we’d get anything. Because a penalty wasn’t negotiated in the CBA, there’s no monetary value/damage that can be proven under our current status quo/CBA, so the grievance will be worth less than the toilet paper you wipe your a$$ with.

Right. This contract was written by pre-schoolers. This is where I get to say "I told you so!" (not to you, but to the 70-something-% that voted based on emotion). Sure, there are some good aspects, but there are some huge deal breakers in there. Don't let people forget how terrible their decision making skills are. Most people never bothered to read the RLA so their level of decision making was limited to the scare-mongering/product salesmanship of ALPA's roadshows. They accepted an inferior contract without even having a fight. I hope the 70%+ that voted for this are enjoying all the company-friendly escape clauses in their contracts. I hope people learn to demand A LOT more of ALPA rather than accept their mediocrity as evidenced by our substandard contract. We need a reformed, more combative ALPA that gets results. We need smarter pilots who actually read the law to figure out that virtually anything is fair game in negotiations.
queue is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 12:21 PM
  #7285  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 522
Default

Originally Posted by BeatNavy
I don’t think under the RLA we’d get anything. Because a penalty wasn’t negotiated in the CBA, there’s no monetary value/damage that can be proven under our current status quo/CBA, so the grievance will be worth less than the toilet paper you wipe your a$$ with.
Hmm, thats strange, I've won a handful of grievances at previous ALPA carriers and was paid out damages.
likeitis is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 01:00 PM
  #7286  
Covfefe
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 3,001
Default

Originally Posted by likeitis
Hmm, thats strange, I've won a handful of grievances at previous ALPA carriers and was paid out damages.
Yeah? Grievances over a late DRO with no monetary impact to pilots? Which airline? Please send them to me, and to our union leaders, who have said we likely won’t get anything for them unless we can prove monetary impact. Thanks. I’ll wait.
BeatNavy is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 05:19 PM
  #7287  
What’s it doing now?
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 190CA
Posts: 726
Default

Really love the 300 extra in seed money for my HSA. Oh wait, there’s 300 less available in healthy rewards than every other person at the company......

Thanks yes voters.
Tom a Hawk is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 09:53 PM
  #7288  
Gets Weekends Off
 
coopervane's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: At JBLU
Posts: 337
Default

Originally Posted by Tom a Hawk
Really love the 300 extra in seed money for my HSA. Oh wait, there’s 300 less available in healthy rewards than every other person at the company......

Thanks yes voters.
Pilots at Jetblue

Does the company consider us Liabilities or Assets? Actions speak volumes.


For those looking at JB. ID REALLY Look........elsewhere.
coopervane is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 06:16 AM
  #7289  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GuppyPuppy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: JetRight, JetLeft
Posts: 760
Default

Originally Posted by coopervane
Pilots at Jetblue

Does the company consider us Liabilities or Assets? Actions speak volumes.


For those looking at JB. ID REALLY Look........elsewhere.
While I agree with this statement, I also understand why people would come here. Plain and simple, it is better than their current job.

However, those who come here should be under no illusions that this place is great. Don't buy in to all the culture BS. Do your job and go home. A paycheck and days off...that's what it really is.

I can't argue that JiffyJet is inferior to life at the big 4. You will likely have better healthcare, better retirement, better profit sharing and better choice of domiciled at the big 4. Your pay will also be higher. Advancement is much better at the big 3 (maybe 4) due to upcoming retirements. Something else that the big 3 have that we don't is bigger aircraft. Even if you want to stay on a 737 or A320 for your career, at the big 3 those above you tend to move on to the bigger equipment. They can't do that at JB. Therefore, even if you make A320 captain here in 7 years, it won't be until the very end of your career that you get to be a senior 320 driver. Whereas at the big 3, you could be a super senior A320 pilot while still having 15 or twenty years left.

If I were young and looking to get out of a regional, I wouldn't count JB out. But, they would definitely not be my first choice. Furthermore, if I did get on at JB, I'd still be looking to move on.

For me, I currently have the golden handcuffs on. If I were younger and/or more junior I'd be trying to leave and find somewhere else to work besides "New York's Gayest Airline".

Learn about this place before you come here.

GP
GuppyPuppy is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 06:32 AM
  #7290  
The REAL Bluedriver
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt
Posts: 6,905
Default

Originally Posted by GuppyPuppy
While I agree with this statement, I also understand why people would come here. Plain and simple, it is better than their current job.

However, those who come here should be under no illusions that this place is great. Don't buy in to all the culture BS. Do your job and go home. A paycheck and days off...that's what it really is.

I can't argue that JiffyJet is inferior to life at the big 4. You will likely have better healthcare, better retirement, better profit sharing and better choice of domiciled at the big 4. Your pay will also be higher. Advancement is much better at the big 3 (maybe 4) due to upcoming retirements. Something else that the big 3 have that we don't is bigger aircraft. Even if you want to stay on a 737 or A320 for your career, at the big 3 those above you tend to move on to the bigger equipment. They can't do that at JB. Therefore, even if you make A320 captain here in 7 years, it won't be until the very end of your career that you get to be a senior 320 driver. Whereas at the big 3, you could be a super senior A320 pilot while still having 15 or twenty years left.

If I were young and looking to get out of a regional, I wouldn't count JB out. But, they would definitely not be my first choice. Furthermore, if I did get on at JB, I'd still be looking to move on.

For me, I currently have the golden handcuffs on. If I were younger and/or more junior I'd be trying to leave and find somewhere else to work besides "New York's Gayest Airline".

Learn about this place before you come here.

GP
Oh the humanity! But wat about the CULTure?!? You can't get that at the real airlines.
Bluedriver is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoomie
Major
36
01-28-2015 11:44 AM
iahflyr
Major
27
09-30-2014 09:04 AM
Mason32
Regional
270
07-27-2010 06:01 PM
Scott34567
Regional
39
05-29-2008 07:08 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 07:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices