Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

astofila 06-25-2016 02:23 PM

Any recent pilots that have gone through the training. Can you tell me if theres a test in the beginning or at the end, and if so how was it?

80knts 06-25-2016 02:26 PM

How many hours are most first officers flying per year at Ameriflight?

PAOFlyer 06-27-2016 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by astofila (Post 2150813)
Any recent pilots that have gone through the training. Can you tell me if theres a test in the beginning or at the end, and if so how was it?

Pretty straightforward. Before I left they were doing a test at the beginning of indoc to find where your skills/knowledge are. Then a basic indoc test, open note, after the first week of class is all done. Then a written take home quiz for when you complete ground school. All the tests were multiple choice. This is what I experienced before I left, someone else on here might be able to update that for you...

PAOFlyer 06-27-2016 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 80knts (Post 2150815)
How many hours are most first officers flying per year at Ameriflight?

Normally depends on the run. Some were pretty high time, some not so much. I flew BFI to PSC and back Monday through Friday and flew just under 2 hours each day.

mtbthis 06-27-2016 03:17 PM

Are you guaranteed 2 days off a week - in a row? How many people commute into base?

PAOFlyer 06-27-2016 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by mtbthis (Post 2151818)
Are you guaranteed 2 days off a week - in a row? How many people commute into base?

Depends on the run and staffing, sometimes I worked 6 days a week, other times 5 days a week. But 5 was normally common. No one commuted in...unless you mean commuting down I-5 every morning for 10 minutes.

FlatHat 06-27-2016 09:34 PM

Hi there,

Starting my 99 training in July here and couple quick questions...
By chance does anyone know what my possible routes would be out of PDX?
Does all of the training happen in Dallas?
Also, how long does the company normally give you to move after training is complete?

Thanks in advance, excited to join the team!

frmrbuffdrvr 06-28-2016 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by FlatHat (Post 2151993)
Hi there,

Starting my 99 training in July here and couple quick questions...
By chance does anyone know what my possible routes would be out of PDX?
Does all of the training happen in Dallas?
Also, how long does the company normally give you to move after training is complete?

Thanks in advance, excited to join the team!

I'm not familiar with the PDX routes, so I can't help with that part.

All of your ground training (Indoc, aircraft ground and sims) will be in Dallas. Your flight training will be where ever they have training captains available. If you are going to PDX there is a good chance you could actually train there, but I'm not guaranteeing it.

We try to give you up to a week to move. But it may not be immediately after your check ride, depending on staffing. Once you are getting close to complete, you should check with the ACP for your base to get a better handle on that.

frmrbuffdrvr 06-28-2016 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by mtbthis (Post 2151818)

Simple answer -- No. The only guarantee is 24 hours off in 7 days based on the regulations.

That being said, most runs do have over 48 hours off built into them. Will that be two calendar days? Maybe, maybe not. Lots of UPS runs operate from Monday evening through Saturday morning. So you have a weekend that has most of Saturday off, all of Sunday and most of the day Monday.

But if staffing requires that you go TDY to cover a run at another base for a week, you might actually travel out on Sunday and back on Saturday. If we can get staffed up the way we should be, then that type of week will become less and less common.

Commuting is discouraged, but not prohibited. If you do commute, you are required by the GOM to be at your duty station no less than 4 hours prior to your scheduled show time. There is no grace for not making your show time because you got bumped off of a flight.

astofila 06-29-2016 12:37 PM

Just received my BE99 training supplements in the mail today. WOW very overwhelming of just everything at once, (like getting hit in the face with a fire hose). Any former AMF 99 drivers here that went through training that can say how it was and if they make it easy with all the new info that you have to learn, also what are the important items to look at extra carefully. starting training 7/11.