Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

av8tor54 01-14-2024 06:40 PM

BE99 Bases

Does anyone know which bases fly the BE99? Sorry if this was posted earlier but Ive been scrolling through pages and havent found anything on it.

sethstonflyer 01-14-2024 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by av8tor54 (Post 3752022)
Does anyone know which bases fly the BE99? Sorry if this was posted earlier but Ive been scrolling through pages and havent found anything on it.

I know they fly out of GEG, PDX, PHX, LAX, DFW, and OMA in the western half of the US, not sure about all the others. It all depends on where they need people though for where you will end up if you get hired.

QRH Bingo 01-16-2024 08:28 AM

The 99 is a workhorse and typically at nearly every base but things do change from time to time. They are also flown by Wiggins (which AMF owns) in the northeast. I'm sure buffdriver will get a solid answer to you soon.

frmrbuffdrvr 02-26-2024 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by sethstonflyer (Post 3752078)
I know they fly out of GEG, PDX, PHX, LAX, DFW, and OMA in the western half of the US, not sure about all the others. It all depends on where they need people though for where you will end up if you get hired.

Besides what sethstonflyer said, we also have 99s in LAN. And the LAX run actually operates as part of our BUR/ONT combined base.

Also, one "in" GEG acutally operates out of SEA/BFI.

fboCalmRoom 02-29-2024 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by sethstonflyer (Post 3752078)

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo (Post 3752801)
The 99 is a workhorse and typically at nearly every base but things do change from time to time. They are also flown by Wiggins (which AMF owns) in the northeast. I'm sure buffdriver will get a solid answer to you soon.

Within weeks, Wiggins will just be AMF. Wiggins will not operate on their own anymore after loosing their FedEx contract. Lots of unknown details of how things will change for their current operation. But there are now about a dozen more be99s in the NE and even more caravans in the Ameriflight fleet. I believe most BE99s out there are MHT based and assume you’ll be able to bid for those in the near future.

AsianPilot 03-05-2024 03:20 PM

Caravans

Originally Posted by fboCalmRoom (Post 3775242)
Within weeks, Wiggins will just be AMF. Wiggins will not operate on their own anymore after loosing their FedEx contract. Lots of unknown details of how things will change for their current operation. But there are now about a dozen more be99s in the NE and even more caravans in the Ameriflight fleet. I believe most BE99s out there are MHT based and assume you’ll be able to bid for those in the near future.

Those Caravans are going to Mountain Air Cargo and CSA. Fedex lease them to the feeders, lease are terminated to Wiggins. AMFlight won't/can't operate them.

TeamSasquatch 03-08-2024 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by fboCalmRoom (Post 3775242)

Is this related to the 2 recent crashes with Wiggins 99?

frmrbuffdrvr 03-11-2024 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch (Post 3778993)
Is this related to the 2 recent crashes with Wiggins 99?

My understanding is it is about FedEx doing a restructer of their feeder network and cutting back on the number of operators.

Neither Wiggins crash has involved a FedEx aircraft.

Pilot4000 03-17-2024 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 3780412)
My understanding is it is about FedEx doing a restructer of their feeder network and cutting back on the number of operators.

But the 99's and the 208's were on the same certificate, right? Perhaps there are rumblings of a suspension, and FedEx decided to cut their losses and get out.

AsianPilot 03-18-2024 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 3780412)

My understanding is Wiggin's training record wasn't well kept to Fedex standards, hapened twice. Since they didn't want to comply, Fedex terminated their contract.

I was also told that one of their ex pilot who moved on to another feeder, says they didn't want to pay them till the last day of the contract. Fedex found out about this and force them to pay their pilots till the last day; they had already receive the advance sum.