Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 10:05 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Anybody going to ground school May 1st? I was informed the 29th class was cancelled for summer scheduling, and hopefully I'll get a slot for the 1st.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:46 AM
On Reserve

Officially starting class on May 1st. A question for those in previous classes who flew to Hyannis: How were you transported from the hotel to the training center and back? Did the hotel provide a shuttle service? Did you use Uber? What was you transportation solution for going anywhere else in the area?

I'm trying to decide whether to fly there or make the drive and have my own car for the duration of training. I live in Indiana and the drive would be ~15 hours

Thanks!!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:17 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Rwy18 View Post
Officially starting class on May 1st. A question for those in previous classes who flew to Hyannis: How were you transported from the hotel to the training center and back? Did the hotel provide a shuttle service? Did you use Uber? What was you transportation solution for going anywhere else in the area?

I'm trying to decide whether to fly there or make the drive and have my own car for the duration of training. I live in Indiana and the drive would be ~15 hours

Thanks!!
I walked.. 15-20min

But after a break I brought my car and bicycle. It's a nice area.

I believe the shuttle is available.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:33 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by SJSsynnotforme View Post
I walked.. 15-20min

But after a break I brought my car and bicycle. It's a nice area.

I believe the shuttle is available.
Good info. Thank you.

Anyone else want to chime in?
Old 04-20-2018, 05:52 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Good info. Thank you.

Anyone else want to chime in?
Bring your car. It’s an easy walk to get to the training center, and the hotel has a shuttle that will do one run to drop off and one run to pick up. It’s useful for ground school when you have a set schedule. Once you are in flight training it’s a different story. Plus if you have your car you will have more freedom on where you want to eat or if you want to go shopping for food. I’m about to finish training. But I will possibly still be here when you guys get here, if not someone from my class. We can give you guys some info about the area and some study guides for the checkride. I head there was going to be 17 people in your class!
Old 04-20-2018, 03:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Thanks!!
I walked as well. Eventually, some of my classmates offered to give me rides whenever they we're going at the same time. They have a grocery store across the street so I didn't see the need for a car.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by tlove482 View Post
I walked as well. Eventually, some of my classmates offered to give me rides whenever they we're going at the same time. They have a grocery store across the street so I didn't see the need for a car.

Were you at the holiday inn? They have us at the double tree. Closer to the hotel and Main Street but further from the mall.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Originally Posted by Nopasta View Post
Were you at the holiday inn? They have us at the double tree. Closer to the hotel and Main Street but further from the mall.
Yep. Holiday inn.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:37 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Nopasta View Post
Bring your car. It’s an easy walk to get to the training center, and the hotel has a shuttle that will do one run to drop off and one run to pick up. It’s useful for ground school when you have a set schedule. Once you are in flight training it’s a different story. Plus if you have your car you will have more freedom on where you want to eat or if you want to go shopping for food. I’m about to finish training. But I will possibly still be here when you guys get here, if not someone from my class. We can give you guys some info about the area and some study guides for the checkride. I head there was going to be 17 people in your class!
Thanks so much for the info! Any help for the studying would be greatly appreciated as well! Yes I've heard it's going to be a relatively large class due to some of us in the 29th class being bumped into this one. Hoping that the training wait times won't be too bad with this many students. Do you think its realistic to borrow a classmate's car to get groceries and run other errands?
Old 04-22-2018, 04:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Default FO pay

Hello,
can anyone provide insight on actual FO pay?
I know first year captain averages about $ 79,000/yr once you factor in overtime, incentives and all that, but what about First Officers?
Thanks,
Pat