Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 06-13-2016, 10:27 AM
  #631  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 88
Default

Originally Posted by thenewguyhere
Applied last week for a captain spot, no response yet.

1350TT, 1200 PIC, 255 ME, 40 Multi Jet SIC

I live in ABQ, fingers crossed. Sounds like a sweet gig.
Which base did you apply for? DFW and PHX are pretty full on captains right now.
flydaho is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 12:16 PM
  #632  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 22
Default

I don't believe I mentioned a specific base, but I'm expecting DEN, if anything. I know they have several flights from Abq to silver city, etc but understand from what I've read on this forum that ABQ is no longer a domicile.
thenewguyhere is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 12:20 PM
  #633  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 15
Default

How much are the DEN folks flying these days?

How is the King Air working out so far? Assuming it is hard to get if coming in as a new hire?

Any talk of when (if ever) more will be added to the fleet?
FlyingFlanagan is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 01:12 PM
  #634  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 22
Default

Speak of the devil....

Just scheduled the phone interview. Anyone have the interview gouge? I'd be forever indebted.......

Thanks!
thenewguyhere is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 04:33 PM
  #635  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 150
Default

Originally Posted by thenewguyhere
Speak of the devil....

Just scheduled the phone interview. Anyone have the interview gouge? I'd be forever indebted.......

Thanks!

Yes me too but for FO. Gouge appreciated!
SpeedyT is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 08:03 PM
  #636  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2015
Posts: 354
Default

Dig through previous posts in this thread and you'll find some info on the interview. It's a pretty straight forward interview and nothing to sweat.

Good luck.
OkStateBryan is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 11:00 PM
  #637  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: Leaning Right, Left, Right
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan
Dig through previous posts in this thread and you'll find some info on the interview. It's a pretty straight forward interview and nothing to sweat.

Good luck.
What he said...^^^^
Honda400F is offline  
Old 06-18-2016, 07:15 AM
  #638  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Default Btq sic

Hello! New to the post so please bear with me. Just had a few questions if anyone could answer I would be very much appreciative!

Commercially Rated S/MEL with IR but out of the game for several years. Approx 250TT looking to get on with a 135 carrier as SIC. Trained in the upper Midwest and am currently an aircraft dispatcher for a 121 Carrier out of MSP for past several years. With the arrival of BTQ into MSP and the takeover of EAS into TVF and I'm sure many more to come based on their business model and better efficiency of operating into those markets, it has piqued my interest into getting back into the game so to speak.

I am interested in growing with a company and have heard great things about BTQ thus far.

My questions are, given length of time (approx 7 years) since the bulk of training (although will be getting back into currency all together shortly), with such low hours but over 5 years of dispatch and crew related experience of flight/load planning, opspecs, IFR planning for a regional airline, would that be considered mildly competitive for an SIC position?

What are the base assignments like? I saw that base assignments are awarded at time of GS but commuting non feasible, what is the time frame like for base transfers (if LAX based for example, transfer to MSP)

Is there a sim associated with the interview post verbal interviews?

Thank you very much for your time and I appreciate any help or advice you could give!

Thank you once again!
DXShawn is offline  
Old 06-18-2016, 08:03 PM
  #639  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2015
Posts: 354
Default

Originally Posted by DXShawn
Hello! New to the post so please bear with me. Just had a few questions if anyone could answer I would be very much appreciative!

Commercially Rated S/MEL with IR but out of the game for several years. Approx 250TT looking to get on with a 135 carrier as SIC. Trained in the upper Midwest and am currently an aircraft dispatcher for a 121 Carrier out of MSP for past several years. With the arrival of BTQ into MSP and the takeover of EAS into TVF and I'm sure many more to come based on their business model and better efficiency of operating into those markets, it has piqued my interest into getting back into the game so to speak.

I am interested in growing with a company and have heard great things about BTQ thus far.

My questions are, given length of time (approx 7 years) since the bulk of training (although will be getting back into currency all together shortly), with such low hours but over 5 years of dispatch and crew related experience of flight/load planning, opspecs, IFR planning for a regional airline, would that be considered mildly competitive for an SIC position?

What are the base assignments like? I saw that base assignments are awarded at time of GS but commuting non feasible, what is the time frame like for base transfers (if LAX based for example, transfer to MSP)

Is there a sim associated with the interview post verbal interviews?

Thank you very much for your time and I appreciate any help or advice you could give!

Thank you once again!
Interviews are over the phone so no sim. 250 is quite low. They would likely want at least twice that. 500+ is competitive for an SIC position.
OkStateBryan is offline  
Old 06-22-2016, 06:09 AM
  #640  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 51
Default

Hey hey,
I applied last week for a sic position. 2 days later I got the automated response saying thanks for the application and they're reviewing it etc.
Did all of you that got an interview receive the same one first? Or is that their nice way of saying "thanks but no thanks"?
Tpauly is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
winglet
Regional
47
05-15-2016 09:45 PM
trent890
Charter
17
04-15-2012 06:39 AM
Lbell911
Major
29
07-31-2007 05:02 PM
HIREME
Regional
61
01-24-2007 07:34 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices