Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 06-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by thenewguyhere View Post
Applied last week for a captain spot, no response yet.

1350TT, 1200 PIC, 255 ME, 40 Multi Jet SIC

I live in ABQ, fingers crossed. Sounds like a sweet gig.
Which base did you apply for? DFW and PHX are pretty full on captains right now.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:16 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2016

I don't believe I mentioned a specific base, but I'm expecting DEN, if anything. I know they have several flights from Abq to silver city, etc but understand from what I've read on this forum that ABQ is no longer a domicile.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:20 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2016

How much are the DEN folks flying these days?

How is the King Air working out so far? Assuming it is hard to get if coming in as a new hire?

Any talk of when (if ever) more will be added to the fleet?
Old 06-13-2016, 01:12 PM
On Reserve

Speak of the devil....

Just scheduled the phone interview. Anyone have the interview gouge? I'd be forever indebted.......

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2016, 04:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by thenewguyhere View Post
Speak of the devil....

Just scheduled the phone interview. Anyone have the interview gouge? I'd be forever indebted.......

Thanks!

Yes me too but for FO. Gouge appreciated!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Dig through previous posts in this thread and you'll find some info on the interview. It's a pretty straight forward interview and nothing to sweat.

Good luck.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: Leaning Right, Left, Right

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
Dig through previous posts in this thread and you'll find some info on the interview. It's a pretty straight forward interview and nothing to sweat.

Good luck.
What he said...^^^^
Old 06-18-2016, 07:15 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2016
Default Btq sic

Hello! New to the post so please bear with me. Just had a few questions if anyone could answer I would be very much appreciative!

Commercially Rated S/MEL with IR but out of the game for several years. Approx 250TT looking to get on with a 135 carrier as SIC. Trained in the upper Midwest and am currently an aircraft dispatcher for a 121 Carrier out of MSP for past several years. With the arrival of BTQ into MSP and the takeover of EAS into TVF and I'm sure many more to come based on their business model and better efficiency of operating into those markets, it has piqued my interest into getting back into the game so to speak.

I am interested in growing with a company and have heard great things about BTQ thus far.

My questions are, given length of time (approx 7 years) since the bulk of training (although will be getting back into currency all together shortly), with such low hours but over 5 years of dispatch and crew related experience of flight/load planning, opspecs, IFR planning for a regional airline, would that be considered mildly competitive for an SIC position?

What are the base assignments like? I saw that base assignments are awarded at time of GS but commuting non feasible, what is the time frame like for base transfers (if LAX based for example, transfer to MSP)

Is there a sim associated with the interview post verbal interviews?

Thank you very much for your time and I appreciate any help or advice you could give!

Thank you once again!
Old 06-18-2016, 08:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by DXShawn View Post
Hello! New to the post so please bear with me. Just had a few questions if anyone could answer I would be very much appreciative!

Commercially Rated S/MEL with IR but out of the game for several years. Approx 250TT looking to get on with a 135 carrier as SIC. Trained in the upper Midwest and am currently an aircraft dispatcher for a 121 Carrier out of MSP for past several years. With the arrival of BTQ into MSP and the takeover of EAS into TVF and I'm sure many more to come based on their business model and better efficiency of operating into those markets, it has piqued my interest into getting back into the game so to speak.

I am interested in growing with a company and have heard great things about BTQ thus far.

My questions are, given length of time (approx 7 years) since the bulk of training (although will be getting back into currency all together shortly), with such low hours but over 5 years of dispatch and crew related experience of flight/load planning, opspecs, IFR planning for a regional airline, would that be considered mildly competitive for an SIC position?

What are the base assignments like? I saw that base assignments are awarded at time of GS but commuting non feasible, what is the time frame like for base transfers (if LAX based for example, transfer to MSP)

Is there a sim associated with the interview post verbal interviews?

Thank you very much for your time and I appreciate any help or advice you could give!

Thank you once again!
Interviews are over the phone so no sim. 250 is quite low. They would likely want at least twice that. 500+ is competitive for an SIC position.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:09 AM
Line Holder

Hey hey,
I applied last week for a sic position. 2 days later I got the automated response saying thanks for the application and they're reviewing it etc.
Did all of you that got an interview receive the same one first? Or is that their nice way of saying "thanks but no thanks"?