Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 08:13 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by F50driver View Post
Hi, I am interested in flying for Boutique.

ATP rated 2600hrs with 2200hrs multieng turbine. How long it typically takes to upgrade?

How is the experience with training?
Is there any training pay?

I couldn't find the info right away so if it was asked before my apologies however info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Honestly with that time you're looking at being hired straight into a captains seat. Training is paid, can't remember the specifics though. Good luck, Denver is expanding like crazy. Should be a lot of hiring and movement in the next few months.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by flydaho View Post
Honestly with that time you're looking at being hired straight into a captains seat. Training is paid, can't remember the specifics though. Good luck, Denver is expanding like crazy. Should be a lot of hiring and movement in the next few months.
Thanks Flydaho,
Old 05-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Thanks Flydaho,
Would you really rather fly a Pilatus than a Falcon 50? Just curious. I have always been a big Falcon fan!
Old 05-26-2016, 01:20 PM
VW Bus Driver

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: ERJ145XR

You would go directly to left seat with those qualifications....

The training is fast, I mean FAST! This is a part 135 company. They don't spoon feed you. You had better be able to study on your own...

Hi, I am interested in flying for Boutique.

ATP rated 2600hrs with 2200hrs multieng turbine. How long it typically takes to upgrade?

How is the experience with training?
Is there any training pay?

I couldn't find the info right away so if it was asked before my apologies however info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 05-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Would you really rather fly a Pilatus than a Falcon 50? Just curious. I have always been a big Falcon fan!
Negative... Fokker F-50
(I flew the little Fokker!)
Basically upgraded F-27 or under license produced Fairchild FH-227.

No desire for a jet or major. I've been there done that. Looking for a small pilot group which can appreciate a sophisticated a/c like the pc12.

I know for some it might a temporarily job but when you loose the "who has the biggest ****" than quality of life is al what matters. It's no secret how the life as a regional pilot is..
Old 05-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Lanesuzza View Post
You would go directly to left seat with those qualifications....

The training is fast, I mean FAST! This is a part 135 company. They don't spoon feed you. You had better be able to study on your own...

How long (fast) does the training takes? Do they pay hotel? Single/double occupancy?
Old 05-26-2016, 02:20 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

How long (fast) does the training takes? Do they pay hotel? Single/double occupancy?
It's about two weeks. They own a house that you stay at. Depending how large your class is you might have single room, or it might be double if more full.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Negative... Fokker F-50
(I flew the little Fokker!)
Basically upgraded F-27 or under license produced Fairchild FH-227.

No desire for a jet or major. I've been there done that. Looking for a small pilot group which can appreciate a sophisticated a/c like the pc12.

I know for some it might a temporarily job but when you loose the "who has the biggest ****" than quality of life is al what matters. It's no secret how the life as a regional pilot is..
That kind of thought process is so refreshing to hear.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by La Quinta Queen View Post
Just keep padding that resume with valuable Part 135 Single engine time! Dual crew in a single pilot airplane??? You'll be at Delta in no time!
Who's padding time? Who said anything about going straight to Delta?

Thanks for the pointless addition to the thread.

Back on to topic - most people are happy here. Great place to get experience for SICs looking to go 121/ other 135 operations. It would be a rough gig if it weren't for the people you get to work with around here. You get burnt out on the schedule real quick, though. I'm envious of the DEN guys getting all these new routes. I hear Moab is awesome.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Purely out of curiosity, how does Boutique feel about applications that don't meet the minimums? I have 230 hours, PPL, IR. I anticipate having my commercial in hand by the end of June. Would I be OK applying, or should I wait until I have the commercial in hand?