Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Regional Regional airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #41  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bartok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Up Front
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMike View Post
Yeah, SrfNFly227 got the intent of my post. That whole concept of giving up your seniority number doesn't do a whole lot of anything. Lot's of guys "gave up" their numbers and have gone back to their previous employers and I don't have any problem with that. My point was to say that if you were furloughed then you had an expectation of going back(maybe) to that company once things picked up and they needed more guys and you would have gone back to the bottom of the list which is right where you left it.

Why is it that you think the guys who WERE at the bottom of the list and should come back anywhere but the bottom? Obviously if you came back and took a position at 9E or 9L you would no longer be considered as furloughed but then you would still retain the origional number at the bottom of your origional list. Which would of course be above those hired after july 1.
Because they were at the bottom of the XJ list, not this 3 headed monster we are about to have.

They are entitled to be merged fairly with the same criteria as everyone else, and that includes their original XJ DOH.
Bartok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:52 AM   #42  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: SAAB
Posts: 300
Default

If Mesaba Pilots were given recall notice and did not return then they would be at the bottom (if they got hired). But that didn't occur. Thankfully PapaMike has no tangible ability to affect the integration of furlough pilots. His lack of contract knowledge would be the company's dream come true.
xjsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #43  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjsaab View Post
If Mesaba Pilots were given recall notice and did not return then they would be at the bottom (if they got hired). But that didn't occur. Thankfully PapaMike has no tangible ability to affect the integration of furlough pilots. His lack of contract knowledge would be the company's dream come true.
Is that even a coherent thought?

Bottom line is the XJ furloughees are going to be at the bottom of the list regardless(above the july 1 line in the sand). Whether or not they are stuck below the currently active guys or just blended in with them isn't going to amount to a whole lot of difference anyway. Just my opinion that if they had expectations to be at the bottom, then that's where they should be if they didn't take a position at 9E or 9L. I'm not advocating they go behind the guys hired after July 1.
PapaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #44  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
Because they were at the bottom of the XJ list, not this 3 headed monster we are about to have.

They are entitled to be merged fairly with the same criteria as everyone else, and that includes their original XJ DOH.

Traditionally, though, where have furloughs fallen during a merged seniority list? If the furloughed XJ pilots were merged with their original DOH regardless of furlough status, it would be a change in how that's historically been handled.
Kellwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #45  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bartok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Up Front
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellwolf View Post
Traditionally, though, where have furloughs fallen during a merged seniority list? If the furloughed XJ pilots were merged with their original DOH regardless of furlough status, it would be a change in how that's historically been handled.
Just because people have been screwed over in the past doesn't mean it's it's right to continue that way.
Bartok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #46  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bartok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Up Front
Posts: 1,556
Default

I want to post a graph of where people may fall in the new company, one for straight relative seniority and one for straight DOH, so people can see the extremes of where they may fall.

But I need seniority dates for Colgan pilots.

Can someone give me the hire dates (month and year) of the pilots at seniority numbers 46, 93, 185, 277, and 370?
Bartok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #47  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ebl14's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 73N
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
I want to post a graph of where people may fall in the new company, one for straight relative seniority and one for straight DOH, so people can see the extremes of where they may fall.

But I need seniority dates for Colgan pilots.

Can someone give me the hire dates (month and year) of the pilots at seniority numbers 46, 93, 185, 277, and 370?
I hope you know that either of those two options alone would completely misrepresent some very large groups in each list. The best method to screw each pilot equally would be some type of blend. That should be our goal, equal screwing.

Welcome to Pinnacle!
ebl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #48  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bartok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Up Front
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebl14 View Post
I hope you know that either of those two options alone would completely misrepresent some very large groups in each list. The best method to screw each pilot equally would be some type of blend. That should be our goal, equal screwing.

Welcome to Pinnacle!
I believe it will be a blend of the 2 also, but the way it will be blended is being negotiated now.

I want to show both ends of the spectrum (relative and DOH), and people can see a range of where their seniority may be in a general sense.
Bartok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #49  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
I want to post a graph of where people may fall in the new company, one for straight relative seniority and one for straight DOH, so people can see the extremes of where they may fall.

But I need seniority dates for Colgan pilots.

Can someone give me the hire dates (month and year) of the pilots at seniority numbers 46, 93, 185, 277, and 370?
I thought you were a colgan pilot. No?
PapaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #50  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bartok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Up Front
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMike View Post
I thought you were a colgan pilot. No?
Nope, I'm at XJ.
Bartok is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The AirTran Pilots' Windfall and SLI mastercraft Major 750 02-09-2011 08:39 AM
Moak Thread Moved 757Driver Major 0 10-13-2010 01:33 PM
No Thread specified... ??? ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE Hangar Talk 2 04-12-2008 10:46 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:59 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1