New TSA Thread

Subscribe
65  115  155  161  162  163  164  165  166  167  168  169  175 
Page 165 of 188
Go to
Quote: Why would they be talking about getting a crew room/opening a base in DCA if we were losing the AA flying?
Don't know maybe because they need a crew room? You can still lose flying even with a crew room. It's happened many times.
Quote: I can tell you what to avoid:

Aurora. Commerce City. Westminster. Montbello. East Colfax. Green Valley Ranch.

Agree...what are you looking for as far as a neighborhood? City Park West, congress park & uptown are all great and different. They offer a reasonable commute to DIA. All of these areas can be expensive but there is some affordable housing and getting roommates is easy. Check out the area close to 17th street in uptown. Might as well live in a fun neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RDU
I am looking at TSA only because of possibly moving to the Raleigh area. It would allow me to be close to a Army Reserve unit as well as not have to commute to CLT if I go with PSA. Hasn't been much said lately about TSA. Anything new going on. Upside or downside to RDU base?
Got a question about CQFO. I know you don't fly left seat much and that's fine, not worried about it... I'm curious where they bid though, are you perpetually on the bottom of the captain reserve list and they just use you mostly for FO? Or do you have the ability to bid with your seniority for FO lines and just pick up captain stuff (if it's available.) Thanks in advance, I've read most of the threads on the subject and couldn't find a clear answer.
Quote: Got a question about CQFO. I know you don't fly left seat much and that's fine, not worried about it... I'm curious where they bid though, are you perpetually on the bottom of the captain reserve list and they just use you mostly for FO? Or do you have the ability to bid with your seniority for FO lines and just pick up captain stuff (if it's available.) Thanks in advance, I've read most of the threads on the subject and couldn't find a clear answer.
One of the CQFOs can answer this better than I can, but the last I heard planning designates how many CQFOs are needed in each seat and it goes by seniority. That doesn't mean you won't be flying any as a Captain, but determines your pay rate for guarantee each month.
Quote: I am looking at TSA only because of possibly moving to the Raleigh area. It would allow me to be close to a Army Reserve unit as well as not have to commute to CLT if I go with PSA. Hasn't been much said lately about TSA. Anything new going on. Upside or downside to RDU base?
I would go and commute/drive to CLT for PSA, that's a sure thing and a better operation. I sincerely doubt TSA will be flying for American much longer. AA is bringing flying back in house.
Quote: Got a question about CQFO. I know you don't fly left seat much and that's fine, not worried about it... I'm curious where they bid though, are you perpetually on the bottom of the captain reserve list and they just use you mostly for FO? Or do you have the ability to bid with your seniority for FO lines and just pick up captain stuff (if it's available.) Thanks in advance, I've read most of the threads on the subject and couldn't find a clear answer.
I believe you are on the FO list and accrue seniority there
You are technically an FO, until you are awarded upgrade. As such, you build seniority on the FO list... you just get paid the blended rate in the right seat and as CA when flying left seat as well as wearing 4 stripes.
There was a couple months in 2015, where there was such a shortage of captains that the some of the more senior CQFOs were awarded captain reserve lines for the month. In that case, they got guarantee at the captain rate, instead of the CQFOs blended rate for the entire month.

I don't foresee that we will get that short on captains again any time in the near future.

Realistically, most of your pay is going to be at the blended rate which is about $51/hour currently. Occasionally you will get a captain trip, and that will be paid at full captain pay.
How much is TSA paying their LCAs these days?
65  115  155  161  162  163  164  165  166  167  168  169  175 
Page 165 of 188
Go to