New Hire Classes and Drops

Subscribe
37  87  127  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  147  187  237 
Page 137 of 402
Go to
Quote: Hey gang, what’s the likely-hood I can get a class here if I don’t have a degree but have the 1000 PIC from an AA regional? Was considering check airman which I know would increase my likelihood. How hardline is the degree these days with UAL
You’ll need a degree even as a LCA
Quote: Hey gang, what’s the likely-hood I can get a class here if I don’t have a degree but have the 1000 PIC from an AA regional? Was considering check airman which I know would increase my likelihood. How hardline is the degree these days with UAL
You'd be at the bottom of the pile of apps, but it's not impossible. I know exactly one person who got hired with an Associates, but he was a regional captain and LCA for a few years.
Not having a degree is a bit degrading to the profession, and I’m glad that United is pretty firm on it. There will always be one or two that will make it through the cracks without a degree, but these guys are pretty quiet about it because it’s nothing to be proud of. You have so many online schools that would love to accommodate you, and once you have it done, the doors will be wide open with so much more opportunities. Why wait around five years hoping for the requirements to soften up while during that time you can get a degree done. I’ve always wondered why this question always come up on the United side? Try asking that question over at Delta and see what they’ll say.
Received CJO 6/29. Excited beyond belief, anyone have good guess for class dates? I’ve heard to expect September. Thanks!
Quote: 98% of successful candidates have a degree. You do the math.
98% would be way too low. That would imply United has around 300 pilots without a 4 year college degree. That’s not true at all.

99.9% of our pilots having degrees is probably still too low. That would imply around 15 of our pilots don’t have a 4 year college degree.

My guess would be we have 5 or less pilots without a 4 year college degree. Most likely all of them have a 2 year degree. So your chances are less than 1 in a 1,000. Are you feeling lucky?

I strongly recommend go out and get a 4 year college degree.
Quote: 98% would be way too low. That would imply United has around 300 pilots without a 4 year college degree. That’s not true at all.

99.9% of our pilots having degrees is probably still too low. That would imply around 15 of our pilots don’t have a 4 year college degree.

My guess would be we have 5 or less pilots without a 4 year college degree. Most likely all of them have a 2 year degree. So your chances are less than 1 in a 1,000. Are you feeling lucky?

I strongly recommend go out and get a 4 year college degree.
Those were the officially published numbers for UAL in 2018 or 2019 I believe. 98% newhires had at least a 4 year degree, the 2% didn't.
There was also a curious addendum to that floating around, not sure if valid, that 99% of the applicants had a 4 year degree, which would mean that a random applicant without a degree has twice the chance of getting hired as a random applicant with a degree.
Quote: Received CJO 6/29. Excited beyond belief, anyone have good guess for class dates? I’ve heard to expect September. Thanks!
Nothing has been posted yet for upcoming indoc dates. Last one advertised was the other day ago. Im sure flight ops will post more dates after holiday or by mid July. Welcome to United.
Quote: Received CJO 6/29. Excited beyond belief, anyone have good guess for class dates? I’ve heard to expect September. Thanks!
I was a mid June CJO and I’m in the 8/3 class. Hope that helps!
New Hire Classes and Drops
June 7th interview, received CJO on June 16th, August 3rd class date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Not having a degree is a bit degrading to the profession, and I’m glad that United is pretty firm on it. There will always be one or two that will make it through the cracks without a degree, but these guys are pretty quiet about it because it’s nothing to be proud of. You have so many online schools that would love to accommodate you, and once you have it done, the doors will be wide open with so much more opportunities. Why wait around five years hoping for the requirements to soften up while during that time you can get a degree done. I’ve always wondered why this question always come up on the United side? Try asking that question over at Delta and see what they’ll say.

4 year degree is mandatory at Delta
if you don’t have one you can’t apply for a pilot job
37  87  127  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  147  187  237 
Page 137 of 402
Go to