New Hires - Bases and Reserve Time

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 35
Go to
Quote: Will the 175 go to new hires?
A January 2019 hire was just awarded 175 FO.
Quote: Hiring numbers are going up and up. As long as that keeps up, reserve times will keep coming down. That’s the trend right now.
Help me understand something here and please excuse my ignorance on the subject, but how do y'all have anyone on reserve if y'all are canceling trips because y'all can't staff aircraft?

I had an interview in DEN this past Monday, and my flight out of LFT to IAH on EJT was canceled on Sunday night, apparently because of short staffing.

Are y'all just really thin on CA's and fat on FO's? Then why the several years to upgrade? None of it makes sense.
Quote: Help me understand something here and please excuse my ignorance on the subject, but how do y'all have anyone on reserve if y'all are canceling trips because y'all can't staff aircraft?
On a given day, you can have 10 reserves. A few hours in and a few cancellations etc, you can be down to 0. That's when you start cancelling flights. Or you can have every reserve guy either on a trip or not legal for rest for next day for morning departures, and boom, again you cancel.
Quote: Help me understand something here and please excuse my ignorance on the subject, but how do y'all have anyone on reserve if y'all are canceling trips because y'all can't staff aircraft?

I had an interview in DEN this past Monday, and my flight out of LFT to IAH on EJT was canceled on Sunday night, apparently because of short staffing.

Are y'all just really thin on CA's and fat on FO's? Then why the several years to upgrade? None of it makes sense.

SkyWest? How’d it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is why....

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/2788213-post185.html
Quote: SkyWest? How’d it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, GoJet.

Went well, but I can't do the DTW reserve commute, no way.
Quote: I think this is why....

63 cancels - 50 for crew
Thanks, but why so long to upgrade?

I got a call from a XJT recruiter last week and I flat out told him, "I like XJT, but the several years to upgrade is very concerning." His reply, "I completely understand, and we're addressing that."
Yeah, I got a serious issue with 1-2 year upgrades. We are writing checks we can’t cover. I know. Jets are easy to fly. When things go well. When things don’t go well you have a CommutAir 4993 or even worse, a Colgan 3407.
It’s a matter of time.
Quote: Yeah, I got a serious issue with 1-2 year upgrades. We are writing checks we can’t cover. I know. Jets are easy to fly. When things go well. When things don’t go well you have a CommutAir 4993 or even worse, a Colgan 3407.
It’s a matter of time.
I'm not a 1500 hour C172 pilot bro.

>4700 TT, >1200 TSIC Part 121.

And BTW, I completely agree with the 1500 hr rule, and any young FO's that complain about 2 year and 1000 hrs SIC needed to upgrade, need to shut up.
Quote: On a given day, you can have 10 reserves. A few hours in and a few cancellations etc, you can be down to 0. That's when you start cancelling flights. Or you can have every reserve guy either on a trip or not legal for rest for next day for morning departures, and boom, again you cancel.
Thanks.

Filler
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 35
Go to