Mesa issues warn notice to pilots

Subscribe
17  67  107  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  127  167 
Page 117 of 175
Go to
Quote: correct, same training as new hire
That sounds awesome....
Quote: Just like I said, furlough notices coming out tomorrow before the vote to scare people
Did you get one?
Quote: correct, same training as new hire

wow. Most AQP airlines are, over 2 years. Then back to NH training schedule...
Quote: wow. Most AQP airlines are, over 2 years. Then back to NH training schedule...
Correct. Most do. But who knows what Mesa's program says.
I wish you would all stop throwing around the 250 number. 490 is the number. No one has announced 250.
NovemberBravo said it in the other thread, we are already in a concessionary contract. No further concessions required. Blown away that the union even allowed it to be put to a vote. JO's hope to watch other regionals wither and die was just impacted today with republic agreeing to cut their own pay--but only for those CA who were looking at downgrades and the FO who were looking at furlough. the exchange? TWENTY (20) DAYS OFF.

This is the ugly side of the industry everyone with less than 7 years was told about. Full pay to the last day. FUPM JO
I used to think the 490 was greatly inflated. So I put on my analyst hat - which is what I am in my other life and figured this out.

Taking CA at each base we flew lines that were reduced to about 80% of normal this month. Pre Covid the company ran with 10% reserve coverage happily.

So I took the lines by captain and added the 10 % reserves then multiplied it by 80 percent to get the requirement. This is for September which is the best month we have had since covid.

I got the following numbers for overstaffing by base:

It's base, Requirement and current staff then overstaffing.

PHX CA 60 105 -45
PHX FO 60 96 -36

DFW CA 87 138 -51
DFW FO 87 136 -49

SDF CA 10 17 -7
SDF FO 10 15 -5

IAD CA 36 52 -16
IAD FO 36 66 -30

IAH CA 182 271 -89
IAH FO 182 278 -96

Total -

CA 208
FO 216

424 Overstaffed

Now Oct is WAY DOWN over Sept. I don't think the 490 is out of line. Even if they don't want to cut to the bone I think we can count on 400. You could use this to find the numbers lost in each base and then determine the displacements as well. I don't have time right now to do it but I do not think that the company is bluffing. The numbers are just the numbers and they don't lie.

See updated FAQ from the union.
Quote: I wish you would all stop throwing around the 250 number. 490 is the number. No one has announced 250.
Well your wrong too! The real number they have out is 641! Doesn't matter it is a high number to scare everyone not to make you feel better.

The 250 number would be the number that comes out to how many FO would be furloughed based on the MOU savings equivalent or feasible number based on trips and required days off and seats you still need based on these super inefficient trips.

And before you ask look at the astricks under the furlough numbers.

Full pay to furlough in Unity
Full pay to the last day

VOTE NO

No furlough notice yet but it’s not midnight yet. In Mesa fashion it will come out in a few hours
When I said 250 i was guess as a realistic number for initial cuts. Nothing was said on the call saying 250. Just my personal guess based on quick math with displacements needing a minimum of a 5-7 week footprint for cross training. Considering it would cost the company roughly $50k per person to displace equipment I would assume they will avoid this at least initially. Not saying they cant make cuts in waves. But I believe the company will try to avoid this.
17  67  107  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  127  167 
Page 117 of 175
Go to