Ameriflight

Subscribe
183  233  273  279  280  281  282  283  284  285  286  287  293  333  383 
Page 283 of 567
Go to
Quote: It's a different company in lots of ways. So I don't comment on what my time was like there, as if a new hire should expect it. That being said, people are leaving in droves, many leaving within their training agreements. AMF booths at job fairs look like ghost towns, and classes aren't being filled. So if you want to give facts, make sure you give both sides of the facts.
Don't pretend like you give "both sides." This forum is far more negative, and fact checking the bashers is considered the positive side.
Quote: the skiing sounds great in Salt Lake, but more importantly, how are the girls?
There are a variety from nice girls to settle down with to skibums that you can party with on the weekends. If you are into the latter, you'd probably prefer to stay in Salt Lake County.
Quote: Don't pretend like you give "both sides." This forum is far more negative, and fact checking the bashers is considered the positive side.
Well there isn't much positive when you look at other career path avenues. You're 100% right that most of what I say is negative. That was my experience, I didn't have a positive experience. I have given what I experienced and lots of people have experienced the same.

Maybe I swing the to the worst case scenarios in an effort for people to see what they could potentially face. Far too many people go to AMF and leave earlier than expected and disgruntled. A perfect example of that is how everyone is told they will be home every night. Maybe people don't consider being home from 8pm to 415am quality nights at home. Not everyone gets the run that starts at 10am and gets home at 4pm 4 days a week. There are lots of half truths spilled out by management on this site and other places. And there is a correlation between that and the bleeding of employees each month.
Quote: There are a variety from nice girls to settle down with to skibums that you can party with on the weekends. If you are into the latter, you'd probably prefer to stay in Salt Lake County.

lol own nav, my attempt to lighten the mood appears to have been unsuccessful
Quote: A perfect example of that is how everyone is told they will be home every night. Maybe people don't consider being home from 8pm to 415am quality nights at home. Not everyone gets the run that starts at 10am and gets home at 4pm 4 days a week. There are lots of half truths spilled out by management on this site and other places. And there is a correlation between that and the bleeding of employees each month.
I'd like to know who is telling candidates they will be home every night. I know our previous recruiting director would always describe a BUR bank run which was daytime flying, M-F, and then they would get to Dallas and find out they were flying every Saturday morning. Used to tick me off when I had to break that news to them.

I thought I had broken the current recruiters of that. And I know they have asked me about specific runs I am familiar with to be able to give the folks they call a more realistic idea of what to expect.

And I don't know ANYONE who gets the 10AM to 4PM, 4 day a week run. I don't think that run even exists.
Quote: lol own nav, my attempt to lighten the mood appears to have been unsuccessful
Point taken, considered. I just really didn't want to get into the whole religious polarity of the region, so I suppose I was bracing for impact on that one.
Quote: And there is a correlation between that and the bleeding of employees each month.
I'm just not seeing it. Again, current information available here. My base is filling up with pilots. We've bottomed out and we are on the rebound. I'm inclined to believe that at least part of it has something to do with the season. I didn't really want to learn single pilot hard winter operations while getting used to a twin turbo prop simultaneously when I was first hired either.

Add to that, the equation has seriously changed for senior pilots. If we had a hard time justifying leaving before the pay raises, it is even harder to justify after getting 20-30k extra per year.
Quote: I'd like to know who is telling candidates they will be home every night. I know our previous recruiting director would always describe a BUR bank run which was daytime flying, M-F, and then they would get to Dallas and find out they were flying every Saturday morning. Used to tick me off when I had to break that news to them.

I thought I had broken the current recruiters of that. And I know they have asked me about specific runs I am familiar with to be able to give the folks they call a more realistic idea of what to expect.

And I don't know ANYONE who gets the 10AM to 4PM, 4 day a week run. I don't think that run even exists.

The same people telling potential new hires that they will be home every night is the same one that says AMF is the largest 135 operator....
I haven't found anything relating to this question, but I apologize if it's been answered already.

I've been offered a position flying the 99 out of Buffalo. Does anyone know what the daily run/schedule is like out of buffalo? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Hi all.
810 TT 50 ME
I did a phone interview a couple of weeks back for the First Officer EMB-120 opening. So far haven't heard anything which I take to be not a good sign. I hope to speak with the Ameriflight recruiters at the upcoming NW Aviation Conference Career Forum here in Washington State on 2/19 they are schedule to attend.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks
183  233  273  279  280  281  282  283  284  285  286  287  293  333  383 
Page 283 of 567
Go to