Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
4784  5284  5684  5734  5774  5780  5781  5782  5783  5784  5785  5786  5787  5788  5794  5834  5884  6284  6784 
Page 5784 of 20173
Go to
Quote: True. Going through it now. STD pays 50%, DPMA pays about 24%. DPMA is tax free so that helps. Also, remember you have to pay premiums for DPMA coverage though admittedly not very much.
The less unused sick leave you had at NW, the better off you are under DPMA. For those that had over 2000 hours saved, they would have been better off using it prior to cutover. Of course nobody knew the exact date of the announcement so it was a crap shoot.
Quote: So what's the over-under on the NYC Slot Swap agreement coming out in the next week or two?

If DAL/LLC are talking with the DOT/DOJ, as advertised in the media, I would think that they may be close to coming to some sort of compromise.
... along those lines, if MD88 and DC9 crews are getting displaced ... who is going to perform that flying?

I would think we would need to hire and Comair might be able to avoid getting decimated as badly as they are. Weren't they supposed to get some of the slot swap flying back when this was initially announced?
Quote: ... along those lines, if MD88 and DC9 crews are getting displaced ... who is going to perform that flying?

I would think we would need to hire and Comair might be able to avoid getting decimated as badly as they are. Weren't they supposed to get some of the slot swap flying back when this was initially announced?
I wonder if there would really be displacements vs attrition and we could probably have the slot swap approved and go gangbusters in LGA and still have sufficient pilots on the 88 to where reserve pilots are flying more than 6-8 days a month.

Just a guess though.
Quote: I wonder if there would really be displacements vs attrition and we could probably have the slot swap approved and go gangbusters in LGA and still have sufficient pilots on the 88 to where reserve pilots are flying more than 6-8 days a month.

Just a guess though.
Really? How many pilots are we down since the merger? Seems like we need fresh faces doing IOE.
Quote: Really? How many airplanes are we down since the merger?
fyp........
Well Bucking Bar, and the completion of the SLI we had, 12,434 pilots. This included all of those on various types of leave or furlough bypass as well.

Today we have 12,300 exactly.

We have about 740 jets or about 16.62 pilot per airplane.
Oh and I could about 357 pilots that are no longer on the seniority list.
Quote: Really? How many pilots are we down since the merger? Seems like we need fresh faces doing IOE.

Wouldn't that be nice! How fast could the slot swap happen and we actually start flying, could it be before summer? Would that stem the outflow of DC9s or would it largely remain connection flying? The reason I ask is because a number of the USAir slots were for smaller cities.

What's the likelihood that I'll see any of those new hire FA's on the 777?
Quote: ... along those lines, if MD88 and DC9 crews are getting displaced ... who is going to perform that flying?

Comair has some of the oldest CRJ's in the DCI fleet. They're up for checks, new engines, & costly MX. That & customers hate the CR2's, & DAL no linger wants them. I think the Comair fleet will continue to shrink regardless of the slot swap.
Umm. I don't think we (the Bears) can win without a quarterback.

Or, a pass rush.
4784  5284  5684  5734  5774  5780  5781  5782  5783  5784  5785  5786  5787  5788  5794  5834  5884  6284  6784 
Page 5784 of 20173
Go to