Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
416  916  1316  1366  1406  1412  1413  1414  1415  1416  1417  1418  1419  1420  1426  1466  1516  1916 
Page 1416 of 2044
Go to
I guess everyone's situation is different, but it is difficult to see why a senior 74 FO would take 76 CA at our rates. Schedule goes to pot, very little raise, seat locked for 3 years, when you could have waited for the 74 and gotten it before that 3 years, thus possibly making more if considering scheduling opportunities, and efficiencies. The break even point on the 76 upgrade makes little sense unless 74 protracts out 4+ years over the 76.
Quote: I guess everyone's situation is different, but it is difficult to see why a senior 74 FO would take 76 CA at our rates. Schedule goes to pot, very little raise, seat locked for 3 years, when you could have waited for the 74 and gotten it before that 3 years, thus possibly making more if considering scheduling opportunities, and efficiencies. The break even point on the 76 upgrade makes little sense unless 74 protracts out 4+ years over the 76.
When we merge into a SOC, I believe the seat locks go away... Plus, having another type rating and PIC in that type doesn't hurt the resume either...
Poolies
So a question for the other poolies floating around. I sent in an email to our contact person and have gotten no response regarding any upcoming questions. Has anyone else tried or gotten a reply, thanks.
Quote: 3/23 - Interview
3/29 - Pool

No class date as of yet. I did tell them during the interview that I preferred the 767 but would take whatever aircraft they needed people in. They perked up when I said that. Maybe they knew about the Amazon thing back then and were secretly recruiting for the upcoming Amazon deal? In any case, I'm in no big rush to get a class date.
I hear you, will be a good fall back plan for SWA. Good luck with your interview in June!!
Quote: When we merge into a SOC, I believe the seat locks go away... Plus, having another type rating and PIC in that type doesn't hurt the resume either...
No sir. Seat locks only go away from those on a lower paying seat to transition (not upgrade mind you, no seat lock for that) to the new aircraft ONLY.

I don't mean to be a know it all, because I don't know much, but that's one thing I've looked hard into. A big misnomer around the atlas camp is that all seat locks go away if new aircraft come on property and that's not quite true.
Class
So with a June 27 class coming up, it looks like at least one person has been asked in. How many people are they putting into classes? Thanks.
Quote: completely in my own opinion but maybe they are preparing for the 767 upgrades, a lot of 747 FO's like myself should be upgrading soon with this Amazon growth.
Not before 767 FOs like myself.

Who knows why there are big -400 classes going on, but 767 classes will be fast and furious too, based on what I've heard.
Quote: completely in my own opinion but maybe they are preparing for the 767 upgrades, a lot of 747 FO's like myself should be upgrading soon with this Amazon growth.
Careful putting the cart ahead of the horse. Typical mamagement play books say to pump you up with great news like Amazon growth then leave you deflated as they send one airframe after another over to Florida West.
Quote: Careful putting the cart ahead of the horse. Typical mamagement play books say to pump you up with great news like Amazon growth then leave you deflated as they send one airframe after another over to Florida West.
I hear ya, I'm on airline #6 and have seen it many times over and over, hopefully maybe this time it will be different...(uh-oh, isn't that the definition of insanity?!)
Quote: So with a June 27 class coming up, it looks like at least one person has been asked in. How many people are they putting into classes? Thanks.
747 classes run around 24 peeps
416  916  1316  1366  1406  1412  1413  1414  1415  1416  1417  1418  1419  1420  1426  1466  1516  1916 
Page 1416 of 2044
Go to