Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
435  835  885  925  931  932  933  934  935  936  937  938  939  945  985  1035  1435  1935 
Page 935 of 2044
Go to
Like Polarfr8dog and others have said, it is not in the hands of the pilots however what is in our collective hands is what's next and the 1224 Eboard has announced that they will do what they can for these pilots, it's already in the works. From the announcement:

"And in the meantime, the union is doing all it can to secure jobs for any ABX pilot who may be displaced by this movement of aircraft. Atlas management and DHL are currently supportive in this effort."

These pilots will not be forgotten as others haven't been. Hope that helps.
When last Atlas was ramping up 767 crews, 1224 members current and qualified were given preferential status and put through a short course to get to the line faster. Many 1224 pilots were hired and, I expect, will be this time as well.
We are all line pilots and have no say in what happens in the management offices of DHL and each ACMI carrier. Let's remember that it was ABX management who contractually made DHL buy a bunch of the airframes when they shut the ILN operation down; who knows if they considered whether other carriers would fly them or not (or that some POS's would ever fly again!).
1224 pot out a statement that said the abx and atlas terms and conditions for operating the 767 are essentially the same. No undercutting is what they said.
so essentially yes, ABX and DHL got what they want even if in fact there is preferential hiring here at Atlas... same pilots...lower pay. It is all part of the game. A prostitute is controlled by her pimp....no wonder I feel cheap and dirty. There is no concern for the human being anymore in corporatism these days when we are all numbers, both on a spread sheet and by your employee number.
Quote: 1224 pot out a statement that said the abx and atlas terms and conditions for operating the 767 are essentially the same. No undercutting is what they said.
Except Atlas gets paid less than ABX pilots. So yeah, essentially the same..... Atlas gets more jets and more flying for less pay than ABX pilots who will probably be on the street or have to start at the bottom at Atlas due to their generous preferential hiring. Nope. No undercutting here. Same jets, different pilots, less pay.
Exactly why are we spending so much time on this thread on this guy...

Polarfr8dog, and others...you have been way more patient that he deserves. It does not seem he is willing to accept the explanations that we have offered...things that he should already know if he's been in the airline business even for five minutes.

Goodbye, BrandX, take your trolling somewhere else...and let us get back to the intent of this thread.

Have a nice day, and believe it or not, we get it (your frustration) but we just don't think taking it out on us is very sporting of you.

744driver
Quote: Exactly why are we spending so much time on this thread on this guy...

Polarfr8dog, and others...you have been way more patient that he deserves.
744driver
Because it made me feel better to try and help a lost soul that thinks management cares about us when it comes to making the types of decisions that were made regarding these four jets and I will not waste anymore time on his future posts.

If you tell a little kid that the stove is hot and they touch to find out for themselves not much you can do about it, right? Not much you can do if they just don't get it.
What is needed is a 1224 wide seniority list based on original 1224 company DOH. Not DOH when you were hired, but DOH when your company came under 1224. That way when DHL swaps jet amongst 1224 pilot groups, affected 1224 pilots will go to the acquiring airline with their 1224 seniority for pay, bidding and benefits. It's the only fair thing to do for affected 1224 pilots.
Quote: Hi all, lots of good info on this thread. I was wondering from you guys that are on property, is Atlas actually hiring guys with 2000TT 500 Jet? Im at 2100TT, a little over 1000 jet, regional guy. I have a management internal rec, but they aren't part of the flight department so I don't know how that will play out.
My resume has been on file since early last year when FOQ was completed (last January 2013). I have 3000TT, 2000 jet, am a regional FO puke with an internal recommendation from a 74 line CA. I update every 3 months. I've heard nothing. Not that I really feel competitive at all with the myriad other, more highly qualified folks out there. Just sharing my experience since we're probably close to drowning in the same boat. I'm also a MIA guy so we probably work out of the same crew room. I will say, though, that the guy who sent my stuff in DID get an email that said my packet had been taken off the pile and is in the "pool" to take the online test! That was exciting but also was about 6 months ago. So, take that for whatever it's worth.
435  835  885  925  931  932  933  934  935  936  937  938  939  945  985  1035  1435  1935 
Page 935 of 2044
Go to