Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
457  857  907  947  953  954  955  956  957  958  959  960  961  967  1007  1057  1457  1957 
Page 957 of 2045
Go to
even more proof....kind of like 20 year Eagle captains I assume
Quote: Precisely.

Applicants should take heed, but forget trying to get the senior guys to understand, care or sympathize.
I think most senior pilots understand. i came from a regional more than 10 years ago. it was the same back then. the junior guys were in the majority as we had just gone through a big hiring thini 1999-2002. but nothing changed unless you bid aacs and made captain from that.

but folks ALPA says there IS NO PILOT SHORTAGE. so ya,,,maybe ATPCLiff is right. They are all hiding somewhere.
Quote: Because if we can't get enough new hires to replace those leaving Atlas will start going downhill....could end up with capts being displaced to FO seats because of shrinking pilot force.

The pilot hiding situation is changing rapidly....
Do you really believe that the decision to stay or go will pivot on if you are or aren't mad over someone junior to you making more money? Personally, I don't care what others make as long as I'm paid in accordance with the contract.
Quote: Precisely.

Applicants should take heed, but forget trying to get the senior guys to understand, care or sympathize.
Ok, so I don't get it, but you have all the answers. So, you're ExCo for a day and the company wants to know what they have to do to improve retention, without breaking the bank and opening any section of the contract....What say you?
more efficient planning with an actual credit system would allow more days off and making the same amount of money...win win. That will give the biggest bang for the buck for the majority around here I believe. I love coming to work here, I love the flying....been doing this stuff for 15 years, love the flexibility, but I have never been gone from home this much every single month and still making less than I did at 14-15 days a month.
Quote: more efficient planning with an actual credit system would allow more days off and making the same amount of money...win win. That will give the biggest bang for the buck for the majority around here I believe. I love coming to work here, I love the flying....been doing this stuff for 15 years, love the flexibility, but I have never been gone from home this much every single month and still making less than I did at 14-15 days a month.
how does the company convince the customers to not continually change their schedules to all us to be more efficient?
a 15 day line provides plenty of flexibility to change schedules...plenty.
Quote: Sorry, this is incorrect. A NH in Jan 2013 will begin accruing profit sharing on Jan 31, 2014, which is paid in 2015, off the eleven eligible months of 2014.
I stand corrected. I misread "The Plan". I thought I read something about having to complete a full calendar year before becoming eligible. After reading it again, I see that it states you are eligible in the first month following your 1 year anniversary. Thanks for the info and correction.

Dodgy Paper Towl
Quote: You're not listening. In a couple years, long before we get the new contract, seat locks won't matter, natural flow thru will take more than three years. It will take more than three years to be senior enough to move from the junior 767/757 to the 747. Why spend leverage on something that will fix itself?
If that's true then it will take no leverage, as it will cost the company nothing.
Quote: If that's true then it will take no leverage, as it will cost the company nothing.
Sorry, I'm missing something. What solution are you proposing that costs the company nothing? To be honest, I have heard no solutions, just complaints.
457  857  907  947  953  954  955  956  957  958  959  960  961  967  1007  1057  1457  1957 
Page 957 of 2045
Go to