Search
Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by ATCsaidDoWhat View Post
.................................................. ...........
Truth is, they're getting fed up with guys who come, get the rating, complain from Day 1 about how they did it at Brand X, and start pumping resumes to legacies as soon as the type rating is in their hip pocket. It cost's a lot of $$ for them to do that and lose someone and they're over it.
I hope that 90+% of those hired next year do that exact thing.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:49 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: The street

I am also interviewing on 12-3 in Purchase, NY. Staying at the Hilton (points), they said their shuttle will drop off at the Atlas HQ. They pick up at HPN also. Flying into HPN, actually bought a ticket for the flight up. Both delta and US air/AA had cheap one ways. Last flights that connect and get me home that night leave at just after 5pm so LGA might be the way to go if the interview goes late. I have prior 767/ACMI experience. Glad to get the call, hopefully I don't screw it up!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Default Atlas Air Hiring

Any word on why the interviews are in Purchase?
Old 12-02-2014, 01:03 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: The street

I was not given an explanation. She just said this is the first time they are doing interviews there (or first time it years?), normally always in MIA.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Left Seat

They did some at Purchase earlier this year. It is an indication of last minute decisions and Purchase people unable to travel to MIA.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: I will be in the right bunk.
Angry

Originally Posted by Whale Driver View Post
I hope that 90+% of those hired next year do that exact thing.
Please come to Atlas, get 10 weeks of free housing, per diem, a type rating in a big plane, a pleather jacket, update your resume and move on to a major. This is the only way things will ever get better for those left behind.
There are new hires finishing OE who have a class date at different majors, what a waste of time and effort.

6 more PC's (career days) until I can retire

BayBum
Old 12-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by BayBum4Ever View Post
Please come to Atlas, get 10 weeks of free housing, per diem, a type rating in a big plane, a pleather jacket, update your resume and move on to a major. This is the only way things will ever get better for those left behind.
There are new hires finishing OE who have a class date at different majors, what a waste of time and effort.

BayBum
If this cycle keeps up, they will make it PFT.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by BayBum4Ever View Post

BayBum
+1... This is one of the few ways that we'll have much leverage over the next year. I love my job at Atlas but improvements are needed in the contract.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
+1... This is one of the few ways that we'll have much leverage over the next year. I love my job at Atlas but improvements are needed in the contract.
great but why post it for management to know some love there job here. Take a POW/SERE/UPS stance in fact all of us should.... im tired, hungry, and well underpaid. C'mon guys are we rookies here?! All they need is 1028 tepid kool aid drinkers that want to live where they want to live and not commute or live near a legacy base. this isn't a personal attack and glad you love your job but why post it here or anywhere for management to read!? We need to take our own personal daily negotiating strategy to get what you want. I love my job and will say it needs to be improved but keep hiking the daily skirt for the company is a losing strategy! Sick Tired hungry underpaid...

Last edited by C5nwhaleguy; 12-04-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ

Originally Posted by C5nwhaleguy View Post
great but why post it for management to know some love there job here. Take a POW/SERE/UPS stance in fact all of us should.... im tired, hungry, and well underpaid. C'mon guys are we rookies here?! All they need is 1028 tepid kool aid drinkers that want to live where they want to live and not commute or live near a legacy base. this isn't a personal attack and glad you love your job but why post it here or anywhere for management to read!? We need to take our own personal daily negotiating strategy to get what you want. I love my job and will say it needs to be improved but keep hiking the daily skirt for the company is a losing strategy! Sick Tired hungry underpaid...
Well said.