Tool of the day

Subscribe
76  576  976  1026  1066  1072  1073  1074  1075  1076  1077  1078  1079  1080  1086  1126  1176 
Page 1076 of 1239
Go to
Quote: And I must say. I think it’s funny that some on here are defending this student pilot for his choice in flightwear. But when he shows up for his first flight as a regional FO wearing the jacket in question........

If you're referring to my comments about the Horizon pilots, you've missed my point pretty badly. If a leather jacket is a part of your airline's uniform, well one can hardly fault you for wearing one. My point was that when it's actually cold, as it is in Deadhorse (which is on the Arctic coast) a leather jacket is a really poor choice for keeping your warm.
Quote: And I must say. I think it’s funny that some on here are defending this student pilot for his choice in flightwear. But when he shows up for his first flight as a regional FO wearing the jacket in question........
You’re holding a student pilot and an airline pilot to the same standards?
Quote: If you're referring to my comments about the Horizon pilots, you've missed my point pretty badly. If a leather jacket is a part of your airline's uniform, well one can hardly fault you for wearing one. My point was that when it's actually cold, as it is in Deadhorse (which is on the Arctic coast) a leather jacket is a really poor choice for keeping your warm.
All I wore my first year and a half on the line, including 2 winters, was a leather jacket. Cuts the wind just fine and when combined with a watchcap and gloves I had no problems doing walk-arounds even with night winter turns in Chicago. Yea it got cold waiting for the dang hotel shuttle wearing just the leather jacket but perrone has the option to get the zip-in liner which makes the jacket a bunch warmer.

Plus the leather jacket looks cool. Haters are gonna hate but those guys probably like their airline hats too. Last time I wore a hat like that I was in a squadron busy killing bad people so my association with a uniform hat is more along the lines of killing people, not friendly customer service. There's just something cool and friendly about a pilot in a leather jacket, that is instantly recognizable. If you really insist that your pilot wear a double-breasted coat and wheel cap, some airlines charge about double the ticket price for that level of service. I'd rather look cool and be comfortable, smile all the way to the bank
Quote: All I wore my first year and a half on the line, including 2 winters, was a leather jacket. Cuts the wind just fine and when combined with a watchcap and gloves I had no problems doing walk-arounds even with night winter turns in Chicago. Yea it got cold waiting for the dang hotel shuttle wearing just the leather jacket but perrone has the option to get the zip-in liner which makes the jacket a bunch warmer.

Plus the leather jacket looks cool. Haters are gonna hate but those guys probably like their airline hats too. Last time I wore a hat like that I was in a squadron busy killing bad people so my association with a uniform hat is more along the lines of killing people, not friendly customer service. There's just something cool and friendly about a pilot in a leather jacket, that is instantly recognizable. If you really insist that your pilot wear a double-breasted coat and wheel cap, some airlines charge about double the ticket price for that level of service. I'd rather look cool and be comfortable, smile all the way to the bank
“Cool” is a matter of perspective I suppose. You can keep looking cool in the silly leather jacket. I’ll keep looking classy and professional in my blazer.
Quote: I’ll keep looking classy and professional in my blazer.

So you're the guy! That hat looks snazzy too.
Wow pilots are so lame.
Quote: “Cool” is a matter of perspective I suppose. You can keep looking cool in the silly leather jacket. I’ll keep looking classy and professional in my blazer.
It’s a jacket, dude... Nothing more. Most airlines authorize it. SWA rocks the north face jacket, Alaska has that weird brown thing, and most companies still authorize the leather. Why complain? How does this affect your day to day operations? As I’ve seen, there are plenty of trashy d-bags that look like crap in the blazer. The last United guy I jumpseated with looked like a bag full of smashed a33holes in his 20 year-old, weathered jacket. Just saying. There are better things we can fight about.

If you want to judge, mock us JetBlue pilots and our blue overcoats. Talk about a clown show.
Quote: It’s a jacket, dude... Nothing more. Most airlines authorize it. SWA rocks the north face jacket, Alaska has that weird brown thing, and most companies still authorize the leather. Why complain? How does this affect your day to day operations? As I’ve seen, there are plenty of trashy d-bags that look like crap in the blazer. The last United guy I jumpseated with looked like a bag full of smashed a33holes in his 20 year-old, weathered jacket. Just saying. There are better things we can fight about.

If you want to judge, mock us JetBlue pilots and our blue overcoats. Talk about a clown show.
I'll say this, on the crj I hate when people have the leather jacket. It filled up our tiny joke of a closet and I'm left hanging my blazer in a pile in the corner.

Plus when I first came to this airline the leather jacket guys were the same as the hat guys and it wasn't a good thing.
Quote: I'll say this, on the crj I hate when people have the leather jacket. It filled up our tiny joke of a closet and I'm left hanging my blazer in a pile in the corner.

Plus when I first came to this airline the leather jacket guys were the same as the hat guys and it wasn't a good thing.
The leather makes sense on the Airbus. The coat we are supposed to wear doesn’t. Honestly, who cares what jacket you wear, RJ or not. This is a ridiculous argument. Coming from an aircraft that is far smaller than my current one, the size difference is negligible. Plenty of space on either side to fit everything, even in the CRJ 200. The Jacket does not make the tool, the tool makes the jacket.
The guy in his black jeep nearly going on two wheels as he cut me off turning into Jetblue University a few days ago. Embry-Riddle license plate, ray bans and blasting top gun soundtrack for all to hear.
Forget coats and earbuds. This one tops them all..
76  576  976  1026  1066  1072  1073  1074  1075  1076  1077  1078  1079  1080  1086  1126  1176 
Page 1076 of 1239
Go to