Tool of the day

Subscribe
91  141  181  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  195  201  241  291  691  1191 
Page 191 of 1239
Go to
Quote: As a paying passenger?!!!! I'd write a letter to the airline...a rug dance'll curtail his ego.

Tool!!!!

What the diddle did he say to you?
I was trying to minimize a chances for a confrontation after travelling for some 27 hours.
My nomination
The AMR tool who is taking 10 seats off of the 737 which now makes my commute to and from home even more challenging.

How does less seats equal increasing sales by a billion?
Quote: I said retired....they turned 60 and had to retire at FDX, and age 65 passed shortly after. Couldn't escape the flying bug and alimony I'm guessing but that's none of my business, I don't ask....
Hard to understand why a Fedex pilot forced to retire at age 60, and who wanted to continue working, would not take the option to bid back to F/E for 125K/yr instead of regional starting pay. We all knew the law would change; he could have come back to finish out his career as a captain again.
TOLD-The van driver today that drove for over 20 mins with his right blinker on while trying to hustle for tips (i.e. if you take care of me, I'll take care of you, etc)
Quote: Hard to understand why a Fedex pilot forced to retire at age 60, and who wanted to continue working, would not take the option to bid back to F/E for 125K/yr instead of regional starting pay. We all knew the law would change; he could have come back to finish out his career as a captain again.

There is a guy at 9E (W.P) who was an absolute godsend to the 9E, the training department and the pilot group. He has been a tremendous asset over here. Its not all about the money. The experience that he brought with him was very valuable. He didnt come here to just sling gear, he came here to make this place better and he has succeeded.
Quote: SO TRUE!!

Remember the day when you would tell anybody that you were a pilot? Especially in a bar! I avoid it like the plague now.

Age and wisdom changes a lot of things...
Boy isn't that the truth!

As a 747 pilot, you can use Len Morgan's old line when people asked him what he did: "I drive an 18-wheeler."

I've used that one before, and that usually pretty well ends that discussion. Occasionally I've been asked the trucking equivalent of "What's your route". I just respond with something to the effect of, "Oh, all over."

Both statements are completely true, while avoiding the pain associated with revealing you're a professional pilot. (Again, didn't see that one coming in my younger days).
Quote: Today on my DH flight...
The pilot does his spiel on the PA with arrival time and blah blah. I was listening to music with headphones and reading a book. A pax next to me taps me on my shoulder and asks me "what time did he say we are going to arrive?"
Yet another reason I don't travel in uniform.
Quote: The UAL pilot who jumpseated on my flight, didn't check in with me, my f/o, or my f/a, and I didn't know he was on there until after we deplaned at the destination.
And what's worse, is the Captain who refers to the crew as "my...".

Did you say something to "your" jumpseater?

Thought so.
Quote: The AMR tool who is taking 10 seats off of the 737 which now makes my commute to and from home even more challenging.

How does less seats equal increasing sales by a billion?
If capacity goes down (fewer seats), prices go up. Sucks for non-revving though.
Quote: If capacity goes down (fewer seats), prices go up. Sucks for non-revving though.
Oh come on now Columbia, when's the last time you saw ticket prices go up?

Besides, me thinks this about the extra flight attendant required.
91  141  181  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  195  201  241  291  691  1191 
Page 191 of 1239
Go to