Tool of the day

Subscribe
221  621  671  711  717  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  731  771  821  1221 
Page 721 of 1239
Go to
Quote:
where the bonefish run.....
Quote: Yeah, because major and legacy guys are soooo much more courteous to controllers. Only regional pilots are a$&holes.
Nah, regional guys are great to ATC. The 6th grade shenanigans on guard, on the other hand...I wouldn't even mind it so much if it was ever funny. But unprofessional *and* stupid? I hate to tell you guys this, but quoting that stupid, tired YouTube video is really not that funny.
Quote: Yeah, because major and legacy guys are soooo much more courteous to controllers. Only regional pilots are a$&holes.
Lol, I was just throwing that out there...
Work, work, work, work....
Work, work, work, contract, contract, work, Coke Zero, work
Now that the Yuletide cheer of a long day of flying and tight commute to get home just before midnight has worn off, a couple of points-

- Pilots might just F up the KCM thing before the FA mentioned above. A couple of weeks ago I rode the bus from the parking lot with an olderish couple, late 50's maybe. He was in civvies, but had the obvious stink of pilot on him, with the oaken undernotes of Airways/Murican. They get in the terminal ahead of me and head on down towards TSA. Once they get there, they talk for a sec and she hands him her roller and he heads over to KCM. Goes on through dragging 2 bags like they are both his somehow. Seemed pretty obvious to me, but TSA just went through the motions and sent him on his way. Just asking for trouble, and 100% the kind of thing that will screw it up for all of us.

- I get the occasional chuckle from guard shenanigans, but lately there has been very little clever and or funny and a whole lot of dumb and annoying.
Legacy pilots tend to be quite a bit more mature and thick-skinned. It's quite unlike my regional brethren that get extremely butt-hurt at any perceived slight and lash out with name calling and profanity.
Quote: Legacy pilots tend to be quite a bit more mature and thick-skinned. It's quite unlike my regional brethren that get extremely butt-hurt at any perceived slight and lash out with name calling and profanity.
Mature, yes, as they on average are much older. However, they are not, from my experience, nicer to controllers, which was and is the point.

If you don't believe me, spend some time listening to DAL and AA pilots talking to Asian controllers, it's cringeworthy.
Quote: Mature, yes, as they on average are much older. However, they are not, from my experience, nicer to controllers, which was and is the point.

If you don't believe me, spend some time listening to DAL and AA pilots talking to Asian controllers, it's cringeworthy.
It basically boils down to the type of human being keying the mic. Short-fused, rude types exist at all levels of aviation.
Quote: TOTD to the pilot walking around concourse A in Denver this morning with mistletoe taped onto the brim of his hat.
He was wearing his hat?? What a tool!!
221  621  671  711  717  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  731  771  821  1221 
Page 721 of 1239
Go to