Tool of the day

Subscribe
309  709  759  799  805  806  807  808  809  810  811  812  813  819  859  909 
Page 809 of 1239
Go to
Quote:
Why are guys so quick to throw each other under the bus these days?
Quote: Why are guys so quick to throw each other under the bus these days? Have we lost all sense of looking out for our fellow colleague instead of resorting to such antics? Those who step on one another climbing the ladder will usually see those they stepped on when they fall down. What goes around comes around...
So cute. Black-balling, scab lists, and reverse networking has been around since forever. Recommendations cut both ways. Good guys/gals with skills, work ethic and compatibility get recommendations. The reverse can be true as well.

A long time ago, a weak pilot from my military squadron couldn't get a job anywhere despite massive hiring at the majors. The resume looked very good but multiple pilots who knew this pilot had called their respective HR. Nobody wanted to see him/her at their shop. Still happens and HR is always accepting input. (No, I didn't call on him/her)

You are absolutely correct in saying what goes around comes around. It does indeed. Don't **** people off.
Quote: Crap. He's back. It was getting so pleasant without Dr. Troll's presence for a short time there.
Just put him on your ignore list. Works great except when he's quoted. Hint Hint
This message is hidden because cardiomd is on your ignore list.
Quote: Why are guys so quick to throw each other under the bus these days? Have we lost all sense of looking out for our fellow colleague instead of resorting to such antics? Those who step on one another climbing the ladder will usually see those they stepped on when they fall down. What goes around comes around...
Amen.

This dude (the Delta neighbor) is a complete tool if the story told is true and complete (see possible snorkeling incident).

Seriously though, this forum seems to be getting more and more about trolling and/or pi##ing on guys. I don't know... might be time for an extended hiatus.
Quote: I have a nomination for tool of the day

My neighbor and friend of 10 years, also a Delta pilot.

I have had an app in at Delta for over 10 years. I recently wanted to refresh my online app by updating my LOR'S. So I ask my "good buddy" if he would be willing to update his LOR for me. He says NO......Why?

Because 4 years ago, We went on vacation with him and his wife. A bareboat charter. Because we had planned it for over 6 months and I couldn't get the week off at my crappy regional, I called in sick.

So he can't "in good conscience" recommend anyone who would abuse sick policy.

THAT is where the term "douchbag" originates from

What would be even worse is if he told the guy "dude just call in sick so we can go on this trip".

Either way...that's a pretty messed up thing to do for a friend. What's up with the "holier than though" attitude?

I have had an app in at Delta for over 10 years. I recently wanted to refresh my online app by updating my LOR'S. So I ask my "good buddy" if he would be willing to update his LOR for me. He says NO......Why?

Because 4 years ago, We went on vacation with him and his wife. A bareboat charter. Because we had planned it for over 6 months and I couldn't get the week off at my crappy regional, I called in sick.

Is his name SD?
Quote: May I point out the obvious? So far you've just lost an outdated LOR, BUT by calling your neighbor a "douchbag" on a public website that he may very well frequent.... well, now you've possibly cost yourself a job at DAL.
Isn't that what this entire TOTD thread is all about? I guess the mods. should close it then.
No doubt a 35%er. Probably wails about all the money he lost by our TA being voted down.

Quote: Amen.

This dude (the Delta neighbor) is a complete tool if the story told is true and complete (see possible snorkeling incident).

Seriously though, this forum seems to be getting more and more about trolling and/or pi##ing on guys. I don't know... might be time for an extended hiatus.
This behavior is rampant in all of society these days. Millenials and the next generation have grown up in a overly competitive environment where they have learned it's acceptable to turn each other in and play these games. Everything on TV is a ridiculous reality show where they exhibit this classless behavior, or a contest show where the backstabbing tool wins. Sad.
Quote: This behavior is rampant in all of society these days. Millenials and the next generation have

been taught (intentionally?)

it's acceptable to turn each other in and play these games. Everything on TV is a ridiculous reality show where they exhibit this classless behavior, or a contest show where the backstabbing tool wins. Sad.

Interestingly, if one were seeking to implement communism and/or totalitarian gov't a la East Germany behind the Iron Curtain, this is a great way to go about doing it without ever having to fire a shot or fight for the takeover.

Of course, at the same time you'd want to militarize the police forces, politicize all the departments of gov't (IRS, EPA, Justice, State) etc.

But none of that has been happening in America. I'm just a tool for thinking it has.
309  709  759  799  805  806  807  808  809  810  811  812  813  819  859  909 
Page 809 of 1239
Go to