What's the Latest at ASA/Expressjet?

Subscribe
275  325  365  371  372  373  374  375  376  377  378  379  385  425  475  875 
Page 375 of 1068
Go to
Quote: If you want to be at the bottom and make less that McDonald's employee does feel free to take the fear grenade and run with it.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I am not at all threatened or have taken the "fear grenade." I think in this matter, time might be on our side than theirs (management). I was just saying that from the union e-mail, they threw "Comair" in there and I have feeling that they (the union heads) think that might be our outcome.
Eagle pilots are seeking Expressjet pilots
Eagle pilots are seeking to open communications with Expressjet pilots at Talk airline.
http://www.****************/showthre...ressjet-pilots
I just started class at xjet for the CRJ, I'm currently in ATL attending indoc and sims, we bid for our bases 2 days ago, is there any way I can find out what bases are open so I know what base I may be getting? We will get our base awards some time next week. I'm just anxious to see if I'll get my number 1 choice.
Quote: I just started class at xjet for the CRJ, I'm currently in ATL attending indoc and sims, we bid for our bases 2 days ago, is there any way I can find out what bases are open so I know what base I may be getting? We will get our base awards some time next week. I'm just anxious to see if I'll get my number 1 choice.
If I counted correctly, IAD lost a net of 8 F/Os in the last permanent bid (effective 1/11). My bet would be there or ATL.
Quote: Serious question: Do the movies do the book justice?
No, but.....

If your a fan of the book and her philosophy, it is kinda cool to finally see it brought to film after so many tries.
The luxury the book has, that the movies do not, is time. There is a LOT of character intro and build-up in the book that the films do not have the time to do. So, if you have read the book (as mentioned.... Preferably more than once) you will be able to follow it and enjoy it. If not, you'll find yourself often asking who the heck someone is, and what the heck they are talking about.
D'Aconia's money speech, for instance, is a major speech in the novel that gets about 45 seconds of screen time in the second movie.
All in all tho, if you enjoyed the book, it's worth your time to watch...

Now back to our regularly scheduled "concessions? Ummmmm, NO!!!!!" Thread...
Quote: No, but.....

If your a fan of the book and her philosophy, it is kinda cool to finally see it brought to film after so many tries.
The luxury the book has, that the movies do not, is time. There is a LOT of character intro and build-up in the book that the films do not have the time to do. So, if you have read the book (as mentioned.... Preferably more than once) you will be able to follow it and enjoy it. If not, you'll find yourself often asking who the heck someone is, and what the heck they are talking about.
D'Aconia's money speech, for instance, is a major speech in the novel that gets about 45 seconds of screen time in the second movie.
All in all tho, if you enjoyed the book, it's worth your time to watch...

Now back to our regularly scheduled "concessions? Ummmmm, NO!!!!!" Thread...
What book/movie are we talking about?
Quote: What book/movie are we talking about?
Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

AnchorDown
I wonder how long Galt will get in Part III, it only takes 3 hours to read his speech, 5 minutes?
Quote: I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I am not at all threatened or have taken the "fear grenade." I think in this matter, time might be on our side than theirs (management). I was just saying that from the union e-mail, they threw "Comair" in there and I have feeling that they (the union heads) think that might be our outcome.
The mention of Comair stood out to me too. That second email sounded to my experienced ears like a union's first salvo at lowering expectations before they cave. It was nothing about "FUPM we're going to fight this".
Management's intent is clear. They leaked it when they said the pilot group is too senior.
275  325  365  371  372  373  374  375  376  377  378  379  385  425  475  875 
Page 375 of 1068
Go to