Notices
Air Wisconsin Regional Airline

Air Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by 42ER View Post
Thanks folks! I have used Sheppard Air before. I'll give them a call later.
I was just wondering if the company will get Sheppard air for us or not. Guess this one will be on my own dime ����
I'm pretty sure they also give you the test prep. I was one of AWA's CTP instructors and if I remember correctly you were given software. They also gave the instructors the software so we could answer any questions you might have during the time you were with us in classroom.

Check with the recruiter to confirm.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Don't get weekends off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by FODhopper View Post
I'm pretty sure they also give you the test prep. I was one of AWA's CTP instructors and if I remember correctly you were given software. They also gave the instructors the software so we could answer any questions you might have during the time you were with us in classroom.

Check with the recruiter to confirm.
You are correct! I just received the ASA coupon code for the ATP written test prep. I guess I am just over-worrying for everything.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Interviewing in ORD next week, any tips for the interview?

And not to put the cart in front of the horse, but if I'm selected anyone have any idea how far out my class date/IOE would be?
Old 07-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post

And not to put the cart in front of the horse, but if I'm selected anyone have any idea how far out my class date/IOE would be?
IOE will be at least 7-8 weeks (assuming no backups in the Sim) after your class date for Indoc... Tack on two more weeks on the front if you have to do the CTP/ATP written.

I only know the footprint, not sure how they are filling classes...but I'm sure if you are eager they can plop you in as soon as possible.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:26 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post

I'm not sure about availability for the ATP class, but training class dates were available within two weeks after interviewing. Several class dates within the next two months were offered.

Does anyone know when health insurance coverage starts for a new hire?
Old 07-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by pilottim View Post
I'm not sure about availability for the ATP class, but training class dates were available within two weeks after interviewing. Several class dates within the next two months were offered.

Does anyone know when health insurance coverage starts for a new hire?
I was a May 14 hire. I think I had our insurance numbers around June 1. I know for sure I was still in systems (3rd and 4th week in ATW) when they were available. Not sure of all the dates as our clan is healthy. Call, ask, and then let others know. Everyone here is approachable and helpful.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: CRJ FO

Interviewing July 14. I have previous 121 time but any advice will help. Also, have they announced any other UA bases besides ORD and IAD?
Old 07-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by mdcny View Post
Interviewing July 14. I have previous 121 time but any advice will help. Also, have they announced any other UA bases besides ORD and IAD?
No other bases at this time.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: 0B

Negotiation update was promising. Get people through the door with a bonus, but after that, they deserve nothing. As everyone else gets better contract, we drag our feet....
Old 07-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by FlyPKP View Post
Negotiation update was promising. Get people through the door with a bonus, but after that, they deserve nothing. As everyone else gets better contract, we drag our feet....
Agreed. That's multiple negotiation meetings in a row where absolutely nothing has been accomplished. The company is no longer even negotiating. They're not even bothering submitting counter offers. I'm hoping the mediator sees this and takes note.