Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
83  583  983  1033  1073  1079  1080  1081  1082  1083  1084  1085  1086  1087  1093 
Page 1083 of 1123
Go to
Quote: The "November 19" ref is November 2019.
Yeah, I probably should have figured that out. I'll take one on the chin for that. And good catch on the CS1/220 thing. 69 sounds a lot more believable.

I do still think it'd be far more useful to have a 12 month stat along with the 36 month stats. Not too many guys have gone somewhere other than NYC recently.
Quote: Yeah, I probably should have figured that out. I'll take one on the chin for that. And good catch on the CS1/220 thing. 69 sounds a lot more believable.

I do still think it'd be far more useful to have a 12 month stat along with the 36 month stats. Not too many guys have gone somewhere other than NYC recently.
I added a drop-down so you can select 12, 24, 36 or 48 month lookback.

Oh, and the company has since the introduction used CS1, C10 and now 220 to refer to the canabus. They also use alternately CAPT and 'A', F/O and 'B'.

And they wonder why I drink.
There's also now a link on the New Hire Page to the Hiring and Retirements history for Delta that's public.
Hello everybody... AirlineApps question for the group... If I had an engine failure during a 121 flight (just failed, tower shaft failed so it just died) and we landed with no issues, no negative FAA action was taken... This would be considered an incident for the application, correct?
Quote: Hello everybody... AirlineApps question for the group... If I had an engine failure during a 121 flight (just failed, tower shaft failed so it just died) and we landed with no issues, no negative FAA action was taken... This would be considered an incident for the application, correct?
I believe it would. And it will make an interesting TMAATT question.
Quote: Hello everybody... AirlineApps question for the group... If I had an engine failure during a 121 flight (just failed, tower shaft failed so it just died) and we landed with no issues, no negative FAA action was taken... This would be considered an incident for the application, correct?

They’ll hire you straight into the -88 fleet. We specialize in engine failures!
Be open about it. Put it down. The quickest way to not get hired is to be vague, much less lie.
If the NTSB or FAA wasn’t involved, I’d save the story for an interview.

That’s just me though.
I listed all "incidents." I used the NTSB definition. I included emergencies, "various no-flap landings" (in a CRJ -- which was common at one time,) smoke events, single-hydraulic events, engine failures.

No questions were asked.

There is no computer that scans your app and disqualifies you for exceeding a certain amount of incidents.

The more hours you have, the more incidents you'll have.
Quote: If the NTSB or FAA wasn’t involved, I’d save the story for an interview.

That’s just me though.
I’d have to agree with this sentiment. If applicants listed every EP over their career, it would double the length of the app. Goodness knows I didn’t keep track of every one to even know.

Having said that, there is a Facebook group (“Delta Air Lines Pilot Recruiting”) where you can ask for clarification from the delta hiring team what exactly they want/expect. Get it from the horses mouth. I think you can PM them.
83  583  983  1033  1073  1079  1080  1081  1082  1083  1084  1085  1086  1087  1093 
Page 1083 of 1123
Go to