jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
213  613  663  703  709  710  711  712  713  714  715  716  717  723  763  813  1213 
Page 713 of 1434
Go to
I am applying to JB and have family in both Seattle (where I am from and want to move) and in Boston. (wife's family.) Ultimately (assuming I was hired) I would like to be based out of LGB. What is the likelihood of holding a line in Boston in the 320/321 verses LGB and then upgrade time? Besides length of commute is it any easier to get to Boston than LGB??? Lots of questions and I appreciate any responses.
Quote: I am applying to JB and have family in both Seattle (where I am from and want to move) and in Boston. (wife's family.) Ultimately (assuming I was hired) I would like to be based out of LGB. What is the likelihood of holding a line in Boston in the 320/321 verses LGB and then upgrade time? Besides length of commute is it any easier to get to Boston than LGB??? Lots of questions and I appreciate any responses.
Night and day difference. Boston is MUCH more junior than lgb. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but you can't even hold a line after a year on the Bus in BOS....LGB would be wayyyy worse.
You could be about 50% up the FO list in Boston on the 190 after a year, and upgrade in 2-4 years.
Quote: Night and day difference. Boston is MUCH more junior than lgb. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but you can't even hold a line after a year on the Bus in BOS....LGB would be wayyyy worse.
You could be about 50% up the FO list in Boston on the 190 after a year, and upgrade in 2-4 years.
Come on now. No one hired today is likely to see the left seat in 2-4 years. Being conservative here you need to be in the top 65% to hold bottom left seat. Considering that we have 3200 pilots, and little attrition to speak of in the next 5 years, we need to get to around 4900 pilots in order for a new hire to upgrade. In order for a 4 year upgrade to happen we need to average 430 new hires per year for the next 4 years. In that time we have roughy 45-50 jets coming... It ain't gonna happen.

Hired today my guess is you are looking at 6-8 years on the optimistic side to see bottom reserve captain. 50% on the e90fo at Boston you are looking at 2-3 years, if you are very lucky. To hold LGB a320 you are looking at around a year. To hold a line you are looking at 2-3 years unless we grow the base. To hold a320 LGB captain you are looking at such a long time I'd have to take a total shot in the dark at 15+ years.

Note, I'm not being doom and gloom. I'm not trying to sway people away from here or anything of the sort, I just need to give a realistic answer here. While my seniority saw a quick upgrade (been here about 6 years) due to a lot of growth, those hired today even with expected growth will have a longer wait due to the demographics of this pilot group.
Quote: I am applying to JB and have family in both Seattle (where I am from and want to move) and in Boston. (wife's family.) Ultimately (assuming I was hired) I would like to be based out of LGB. What is the likelihood of holding a line in Boston in the 320/321 verses LGB and then upgrade time? Besides length of commute is it any easier to get to Boston than LGB??? Lots of questions and I appreciate any responses.
If shoot for BOS 190 and hang onto that until you can hold a line in LGB 320. Your seniority will go up much faster on the 190 than the 320. As Chuck said, it will be several years til you can hold anything decent out west.
March, First FO line in LGB is held by a 01/14 hire. 16 off 70hrs. weekend transcons. 16 off the bottom, edit: only 6 senior guys on rsv above him... out of 122 pilots.

LGB and MCO can be a crap shoot. sometimes there's movement, but there have literally been years where only 1-2 guys have moved in/out.
Quote: I have been on for a few months. I'm shooting for the moon and going for CA. I'm going to bring that upgrade time right down!
Bid what you want, not what you can hold. But, if you get it, I'll fly to your home town and buy you a beer!
Quote: I have been on for a few months. I'm shooting for the moon and going for CA. I'm going to bring that upgrade time right down!
Its time, you're ready.
Question for FO's in the 2-4 year range. I'm a 15 yr CA with a Regional hoping to punch out to JB. Trying to figure out pay comparisons and how long to catch up. My $97 per hour roughly equates to $97K per year. How does that compare to JB. Can that $87 2nd year FO A320 per hour be turned into much more than the standard $87k per year rough comparison? I know there are more ways to make extra at larger airlines than at the Regionals. So, how much can I expect to make in the 2 to 4 year range?
Quote: Question for FO's in the 2-4 year range. I'm a 15 yr CA with a Regional hoping to punch out to JB. Trying to figure out pay comparisons and how long to catch up. My $97 per hour roughly equates to $97K per year. How does that compare to JB. Can that $87 2nd year FO A320 per hour be turned into much more than the standard $87k per year rough comparison? I know there are more ways to make extra at larger airlines than at the Regionals. So, how much can I expect to make in the 2 to 4 year range?
It is easy to make more than $87k. B6 has quite a few deadheads worth 100%. Also, when they are short staffed, especially during an IROP, it is really eat to make extra cash. If you live in base, they'll call you last minute for bailouts sometimes and you'll make a ton of dough. Profit sharing this year is an additional 2 months.
Quote: Question for FO's in the 2-4 year range. I'm a 15 yr CA with a Regional hoping to punch out to JB. Trying to figure out pay comparisons and how long to catch up. My $97 per hour roughly equates to $97K per year. How does that compare to JB. Can that $87 2nd year FO A320 per hour be turned into much more than the standard $87k per year rough comparison? I know there are more ways to make extra at larger airlines than at the Regionals. So, how much can I expect to make in the 2 to 4 year range?
So turning 97 an hour into 97k means 83 hours a month. Easily doable with a line on either airplane at JB. I am a slacker most months and drop but when it works for the family I'll turn up the wick for a month and I averaged 80 credit for last year on the 190. The bus would be easier to credit more, it has more deadheads and soft time or so I'm told. If you live in base and are proactive about the times when premium is available (Reserve augmentation or voluntary day off assignments) then you could push to 100 consistently. this is all after you have a line. Don't expect to break guarantee on reserve very often.
213  613  663  703  709  710  711  712  713  714  715  716  717  723  763  813  1213 
Page 713 of 1434
Go to