American interviews and class dates

Subscribe
257  307  347  353  354  355  356  357  358  359  360  361  367  407  457 
Page 357 of 603
Go to
Quote: I think the seniority list will be done, I think all sides will begrudgingly accept it, and I think the company will nail the target date of single FOS on August 31, 2016.

However, I hope the company "does the next right thing" and actually runs "the big bid" shortly thereafter. Potential excuses not to include the different payroll systems we'll still be on, the lack of a common uniform, or perhaps even the influence of other workgroups who still don't have JCBAs. I live in an AA base and commute to a US one, so I hope this gets done as quick as anyone, but these are the things that keep me up at night.
Surprise,
Not that it's impossible, but it would be unprecedented for a merged airline to have a "big bid" after SLI, otherwise known as a "bump and flush". Most post merger companies have just filled new positions internally and then offered leftovers to new hires. There can be displacements, but a big bump and flush would be unprecedented. Hope you did not base your QOL expectations on that eventuality.
Quote: Surprise,
Not that it's impossible, but it would be unprecedented for a merged airline to have a "big bid" after SLI, otherwise known as a "bump and flush". Most post merger companies have just filled new positions internally and then offered leftovers to new hires. There can be displacements, but a big bump and flush would be unprecedented. Hope you did not base your QOL expectations on that eventuality.
I'm not expecting to displace anyone, and I'm not expecting anyone to displace me, either. In fact, I believe "bump and flush" is specifically forbidden per the Merger Transition Agreement.

My concern is that I won't even be able to bid on naturally occurring "organic" vacancies as they come up on the other side, and vice versa. I know our PHX brethren want off "the island" ASAP, for example, and with a seniority list finally in place, there theoretically should be no impediment for them to do so, vacancies permitting. I should be allowed to bid into DFW if I like, and my colleagues there should be allowed to bid into CLT. There is so much movement system-wide that availability of vacancies shouldn't be a constraint. I'm more worried about the company coming up with creative other excuses on why this can't happen next fall.
Quote: I'm not expecting to displace anyone, and I'm not expecting anyone to displace me, either. In fact, I believe "bump and flush" is specifically forbidden per the Merger Transition Agreement.

My concern is that I won't even be able to bid on naturally occurring "organic" vacancies as they come up on the other side, and vice versa. I know our PHX brethren want off "the island" ASAP, for example, and with a seniority list finally in place, there theoretically should be no impediment for them to do so, vacancies permitting. I should be allowed to bid into DFW if I like, and my colleagues there should be allowed to bid into CLT. There is so much movement system-wide that availability of vacancies shouldn't be a constraint. I'm more worried about the company coming up with creative other excuses on why this can't happen next fall.
Thought it was a "fishbowl" now.
No bump and flush. Bid what you can hold depending upon vacancies.
Retirements, new a/c, and new a/c in a base will generate movement.
The only movement I'm seeing on the US side is backward. And it's quite substantial.
Quote: For those of you that have recently accomplished the video interview, how long has it been before you've heard something back from American? I took the interview yesterday, and I can confirm I had the same 5 questions as Not a Golfer.

Thanks!
Congratulations on getting the video interview!

After I did the video interview back in January it was approximately 2 weeks before I received the "request for more information" email. When you get that a new spot is opened in the application for your DOB and SSN. If you don't get that email I understand you get a TBNT email around the same timeframe. I received the request for more info email in late January, but have not heard anything about a F2F yet.
Quote: The only movement I'm seeing on the US side is backward. And it's quite substantial.
Very true....

Any word on when all those 757s are supposed to go to PHX?
Quote: Very true....

Any word on when all those 757s are supposed to go to PHX?
I won't be all at once. Last I heard 2 were in Mobile getting Hawaii interiors put in them.
January 4th class. Anyone get any info yet?
Expect LGA. I'm guessing you shouldn't be stunned if there are some LAX slots in early 2016.
257  307  347  353  354  355  356  357  358  359  360  361  367  407  457 
Page 357 of 603
Go to