Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
231  281  321  327  328  329  330  331  332  333  334  335  341  381  431 
Page 331 of 782
Go to
Airframes operated by SkyWest are owned by SkyWest. They would not be included in your fleet count. 100's of 175's could go to Horizon? Good luck recruiting the pilots to fly them.

Quote: Where do you get your information? My understanding is that there are somewhere around 40 orders for Boeings. 30 something max’s And 9 900s? There we be 70+ Airbuses before there is a reduction if leases expire. There are also 30 320 neos to cancel. This by my calculation is a loss of around 30 airframes total?

The “fleet planning guy” said we could possibly have around 500 airframes by 2024. Maybe we can expect 100s of 175s! After all Skywest does have 100s of 175 on order. Most west coast RJ service!
Quote: You're joking, right? Virgin had 10 321 neos on order, took 4. 30 320 neos on order took ZERO.

Guess who the launch customer for the MD-90 was. Hint: ALASKA AIRLINES.

Now guess how many MD-90s showed up on the property. Hint: Zero.
Orders are easy to cancel. An old Navy CPO once told me, "Never believe the rumors of new aircraft until they show up on the ramp AND they turn over the maintenance logbooks."
What are you talking about? There were orders for 10 321 neos, we have 8 now and 2 more are still coming.
Pictures or it never happened.
Too easy
2 Alaska livery
2 more to love
2 virgin livery
Most west coast con air plane
San Francisco giants plane
=8

Quote: Pictures or it never happened.
Has the Alaskans stated the fleet plan yet, or do they still have no idea what they are doing?
Quote: Has the Alaskans stated the fleet plan yet, or do they still have no idea what they are doing?
The latter!

No vision and no leadership at Angle Lake...
Quote: The latter!

No vision and no leadership at Angle Lake...
Seriously. Based on this thread, it's hard to understand why they haven't turned over running the company to the people who really know what's going on, namely the many experts in this forum.
Quote: Seriously. Based on this thread, it's hard to understand why they haven't turned over running the company to the people who really know what's going on, namely the many experts in this forum.
Never said I was a business expert who wanted to run the company. It's just frustrating that the people in charge of the best merger in airline history still haven't put out a fleet plan. Maybe they'll announce it after they figure out how to distribute white uniform shirts to the Airbus pilots. Yeah, they missed their own deadline on that too.

Angle Lake is a 3-ring circus.
Quote: Seriously. Based on this thread, it's hard to understand why they haven't turned over running the company to the people who really know what's going on, namely the many experts in this forum.
Not to defend baseless comments, but it is true there is little to no vision for this airline thus far. Retracting into their Pacific Northwest hole and putting E175 on routes 3 times a week to “one up” Southwest in the claim you have the “most west coast” is hardly visionary.

My uneducated .02 is that,what has worked in the past isn’t going to work so well going forward with relentless competitors on your doorstep now without fighting back.

There might be leadership, but it is definitely hard to believe in a company with no plan other than regional jets and “we’ll see.”
Quote: Pictures or it never happened.

231  281  321  327  328  329  330  331  332  333  334  335  341  381  431 
Page 331 of 782
Go to