Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
244  294  334  340  341  342  343  344  345  346  347  348  354  394  444 
Page 344 of 779
Go to
We have roughly 20 boeing retirements and 5 airbus retirements along with an estimated 20-30 resignations for 2019. 1-2% growth in asm some of which will be returning smaller airplanes and getting larger ones. Several times this year leadership has inferred that they see a stable head count as in hiring for attrition only. They do not hire in advance of attrition so retirements and resignations occur first then a reduction bid and then a seat and domicile bid to replace them. The pilot group as a whole as well as the chief pilots and the pilot recruiters are the very last to know what the forecast for hiring is. The three remaining classes for 2018 are roughly 50% Horizon pilots and the remainder are friends and family who have already interviewed. If you are in one of those 2 groups expect to hear something soon if you are not.....
Quote: The three remaining classes for 2018 are roughly 50% Horizon pilots and the remainder are friends and family who have already interviewed. If you are in one of those 2 groups expect to hear something soon if you are not.....
I must admit AS knows exactly who to hire, another reason why things are the way they are.
Quote: I must admit AS knows exactly who to hire, another reason why things are the way they are.
Pretty insightful and exactly correct. They also know who to put the target on.
Alaska Air Hiring
The attrition numbers as of July were 39 retirements, 18 resignations, 2 terminations and unfortunately 2 passed away.

Boeing side.
terminations?
Any word on what the terminations were about?
Heard one of them was due to a social media post.
Quote: Heard one of them was due to a social media post.
Now THAT would suck. But I wouldn't put anything past the Anglers.
Hiring window opening
Hiring window opens on Monday, 9/10. Boeing only.
Hopefully the applicants use it just as a stepping stone.
Quote: Hiring window opens on Monday, 9/10. Boeing only.
I figured something must be up. I got an email with the subject line "Thanks for Visiting us at !". In it, they thanked me for stopping by their booth at " ." and said the team was very impressed with my background.

I haven't been to a recruiting event since the meet & greet in January.

I, along with 150-ish others, have been waiting for a call since then. I wonder if this means we've just been dumped.
244  294  334  340  341  342  343  344  345  346  347  348  354  394  444 
Page 344 of 779
Go to