Kalitta Air now accepting FO applications

Subscribe
143  193  233  239  240  241  242  243  244  245  246  247  253  293  343 
Page 243 of 458
Go to
You should consider where both companies will or won't be in 10 or 20 years.
Quote: Anyone have the complete pay scales?
Posted here.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/2189387-post2105.html
Quote: Bottom line is, if you like passenger flying, stay where you are. ACMI carriers are not family friendly for the most part. That being said I love this lifestyle, but my kids are grown and I am single.
Your advice is pretty good, and welcome. Truth be told, I do like what I do, I do like the schedule, and our pay is coming up. I fly airplanes that are all owned by AA, for a company owned by AA. I don't think it's going anywhere for a while.

I can see a certain appeal to the ACMI lifestyle, in particular the aircraft and crazy destinations. I've done enough 135 freight that I know how to operate independently and get things done within the confines of my responsibilities and abilities.

I'm also, like you, single, but no kids. Truth is, I'd rather not stay that way, and that alone will probably influence my decision more than anything else.

Quote: Quality of life at AA would be ten folds compared to ACMI flying.
In most ways, yes. Like I said though, I can see the appeal and feel like I have a pretty good grasp of the downsides.

Quote: Only job you have is the one you have right now. Would be a very poor decision to waste 5 years of your life "waiting" to flow. Everyone's hiring.
True also. I'm probably not off the street Delta or United material quite frankly. I'd take JB in a heartbeat though.

Quote: You should consider where both companies will or won't be in 10 or 20 years.
That's honestly the biggest concern I'd have about Kalitta.
Quote: I don't think I'd listen to anyone on here that forces their opinion on you. Everyone's home situation is different. Just ask for the facts so you can make your own decision on coming over. You'd probably get a more honest opinion through PM and not under the public eye. Too many company bashers on here.
I wish we had a "like" button on here. This response was perfect.
Quote: I don't think I'd listen to anyone on here that forces their opinion on you. Everyone's home situation is different. Just ask for the facts so you can make your own decision on coming over. You'd probably get a more honest opinion through PM and not under the public eye. Too many company bashers on here.
I think I've been around the forums enough to grasp that, but at the same time I do like hearing the various counterpoints while running everything through my personal BS filter.

I have been talking with a former coworker that works there and his perspective has been universally positive, so it's nice to come on here and get a little balance.

I am leaning towards staying pax though.
Quote: I think I've been around the forums enough to grasp that, but at the same time I do like hearing the various counterpoints while running everything through my personal BS filter.

I have been talking with a former coworker that works there and his perspective has been universally positive, so it's nice to come on here and get a little balance.

I am leaning towards staying pax though.
Im not forcing my opinion on anyone. Im a realist and been involved in aviation for a very long time. When someone says they're going to "flow" in five years it tells me how unrealistic someone is about this profession.

I tell everyone get a job offer and then decide if its a right fit.
I did ACMI for 15 yrs and then made the switch to a major. For QOL you cannot beat a major. It is unbelievable how different it is to have control over your schedule and be able to move trips around and not be gone so much at a time.
The flip side is the trips aren't as much fun and either are the crews and generally they aren't as good as pilots.
But for money and QOL for me it's been with a major.
I'm at a Frac now but I agree about the crews being more fun, and the layovers : ) K4 rocked !!!
Quote: I'm at a Frac now but I agree about the crews being more fun, and the layovers : ) K4 rocked !!!

I agree! K4 has lots of good layovers. The dreaded 3 day layover in Honolulu on Waikiki Beach is one of them! And that unbearable Shangri-La Hotel in Hong Kong is another!!
Or anyplace in Riga : )
143  193  233  239  240  241  242  243  244  245  246  247  253  293  343 
Page 243 of 458
Go to