Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
129  629  1029  1079  1119  1125  1126  1127  1128  1129  1130  1131  1132  1133  1139  1179  1229  1629  2129 
Page 1129 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Something tells me this isn't the only news coming out of HDQ this month. My guess is within the next couple weeks there will be something else...maybe it's more two-class shells moving over, maybe it's a revised DGI that gives SSPers another shot...I don't have a crystal ball, but I feel there's more to our story right now.
Well in other news, we finally got a new fleet manager.
Quote: I bet 75% of the ATL200 CA slots go to current Captains and 20% of the LGA900 CA go to JFK/DTW/MSP Captains. The rest will probably fall around 1150 seniority, maybe a few random ones a bit higher.

The million dollar question is if DTW/MSP guys bid down to ATL, will the company backfill those Captain slots. My bet is no. If NYC200 guys bid down to ATL I suspect those slots will be backfilled.
Unfortunately, winner winner chicken dinner
Quote: What's your logic? Not saying you're wrong just curious.
This is all hear say and opinion based from gossip but I bet a good 50-60 percent of those captain slots might be filled with guys who are already captains in New York who commute from Florida or Memphis and stuff and are looking for an easier commute. It can create secondary but that will be dependent on if its 200 or 900 guys leaving to go to ATL. If its alot of 200 guys it can be good but if its 900 guys looking to make the switch, itll go senior with guys who have been on property a while taking those spots. I say this all in the logic of awac guys coming in looking for a fast upgrade.
Why wouldn't the company backfill some of the DTW, or MSP captain slots? Say all 40 ATL captain slots go to current captains..wouldn't there still be a need for 40 new captains? Attrition+14 airplanes. Sure DTW and MSP aren't growing, but the overall fleet is.
Quote: Why wouldn't the company backfill some of the DTW, or MSP captain slots? Say all 40 ATL captain slots go to current captains..wouldn't there still be a need for 40 new captains? Attrition+14 airplanes. Sure DTW and MSP aren't growing, but the overall fleet is.
One reason would be possible further reduction of those bases. If they can reduce now and avoid a displacement later...

I have no crystal ball but there are reasons they wouldn't. Yes they would be short CA's but could immediately issue another vacancy with additional positions elsewhere. Again, I dont know that they are going to do this but it's a scenario that supports not backfilling.
Quote: Why wouldn't the company backfill some of the DTW, or MSP captain slots? Say all 40 ATL captain slots go to current captains..wouldn't there still be a need for 40 new captains? Attrition+14 airplanes. Sure DTW and MSP aren't growing, but the overall fleet is.
I think there will be some back filling on the 200CA in DTW/MSP, I highly doubt any will be on the 900CA in those bases.
Anybody else get EFB shipping notification? Endeavor is being made great today.
Quote: One reason would be possible further reduction of those bases. If they can reduce now and avoid a displacement later...

I have no crystal ball but there are reasons they wouldn't. Yes they would be short CA's but could immediately issue another vacancy with additional positions elsewhere. Again, I dont know that they are going to do this but it's a scenario that supports not backfilling.
If the company is adding 14AC won't they need 70 additional CA's this year. How would they not backfill if say all 70 came from MSP 200 CA?
We're not losing airframes. DTW and MSP will get more 200s when they leave NY. Most of ATL is from XJT and from what Gumm said it's about 20 200s. If you figure 5 crews per airplane and 200 crews. So the shuffle begins. If DTW and MSP lose flying it is only temporary until the 200s from NY are available. Also Memphis to Atlanta is not very commutable unless you like driving.
Quote: We're not losing airframes. DTW and MSP will get more 200s when they leave NY. Most of ATL is from XJT and from what Gumm said it's about 20 200s. If you figure 5 crews per airplane and 200 crews. So the shuffle begins. If DTW and MSP lose flying it is only temporary until the 200s from NY are available. Also Memphis to Atlanta is not very commutable unless you like driving.
17-01 will see a shuffle, but overall a net gain in captains. That's my opinion FWIW.
129  629  1029  1079  1119  1125  1126  1127  1128  1129  1130  1131  1132  1133  1139  1179  1229  1629  2129 
Page 1129 of 2545
Go to