Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Search
Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by HeyOneTaco View Post
It's all stagnant. FOs aren't upgrading in DTW/MSP because they can't hold it in that base.
Amen. I don't care how much the company will pester me but QoL of living in base in DTW trumps upgrading and commuting to NYC. I am perfectly happy with being a F/O lifer until DL, UA, or AA call me. Whoever offers me a job first, wins.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by Thrust Hector View Post
Umm I've been on rsv in ny for 8 months as a capt and plan on being rsv nx mo as well 😒
Believe me, I'm not throwing myself a pity party, I hope it didnt come off that way. I feel bad for you too. I can understand why in MSP and DTW, but NY freakin' C, the most junior base(s). ???
Old 03-11-2017, 07:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA

Originally Posted by JesuitValen View Post
So? That ain't how they're gonna decide bases. Call your rep and let them know that's your price but it's a non starter.

Delta and endeavor doesn't need anything from us, the classes are full and senior guys arent attritting. They'll put bases where ever makes sense to them and you'll leave or stay and gripe. I submit gojets as evidence they dont care about their metrics.

Despite all that they are actively negotiating according to the fast read. If Delta needs Endeavor to park 200s after dec2018 then you won't get a retention extension.Get a deal done or leave for a company that has a large dtw base. You're capped out, and it looks like you're bases will be NY and maybe ATL when the 200s finally get parked.
OK, I hear GoJets needs captains in DTW and is still paying 300% often... Better than hats and eternal reserve at straight pay in New York... especially if the FTI rumor here is true, also.
But you also haven't forced the lifers out of MSP or DTW... Yet.... (for a reason) You do and I bet most retire/quit... they aren't going to commute to New York for sure, or fly the 200 if they don't live there either....open SLC/SEA and we'd see.... keep everything in a co-domicile New York and this airline better plan a shrinking fleet for a while again...hell maybe that was the plan all along to park the 200's... shrink to just a size of guys willing to work out of NYC for less than a going wage there. While chasing off anyone not living there or willing to commute there at current cost.... brilliant... then you staff Blow Jet with us not willing to move... right out of the whipsaw playbook.... I hear Envoy and Piedmont are hiring though.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Now that I'm starting reserve...How do I monitor daily reserve coverage? And what am I looking for as far as the likelihood I will be called? It's been so long since they talked about this in class.

Also, what time each night does scheduling call you by if they already have a trip for you the next day other than prior to the minimum rest period? Or do they have a set time since the reserve periods are already defined.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
I'll put on the dunce cap if I deserve it; but here goes my dumb questions; Every month I bid almost exactly the same spot (captain LGA). Aren't we putting through enough captains and moving a few people off the top every month to boost relative seniority in NYC? I took a look at the other captain positions on both aircraft in NYC and it seems pretty stagnant on the captain side. Am I wrong?

http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.cd...r=1.75&pid=1.7
Because we've hit just about bottom of those willing to go to NYC... The DTW/MSP FO's I fly with refuse to upgrade til a spot opens 'in base'.... Not happening... the SSP hiring has all but (about 10 or so left) passed all the current captains by.. there are a few that hold captain that are now the front of the FO list, but 17-01 proves those guys won't be backfilled as captains.... The captain side is now VERY stagnant in DTW and MSP as Delta chose the "less" that 50% coin flip rather than a flow and the captains that won are gone (save a few second interview guys waiting to leave) Almost every 900 captain in MSP and DTW left here is one waiting to retire from here... these positons are useless to any newhire looking to ever get to a major. You'll be there first barring another disaster.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Will more MSP and DTW FOs be willing to go to ATL to upgrade? Or is it in base or nothing?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by Avroman View Post
OK, I hear GoJets needs captains in DTW and is still paying 300% often... Better than hats and eternal reserve at straight pay in New York... especially if the FTI rumor here is true, also.
But you also haven't forced the lifers out of MSP or DTW... Yet.... (for a reason) You do and I bet most retire/quit... they aren't going to commute to New York for sure, or fly the 200 if they don't live there either....open SLC/SEA and we'd see.... keep everything in a co-domicile New York and this airline better plan a shrinking fleet for a while again...hell maybe that was the plan all along to park the 200's... shrink to just a size of guys willing to work out of NYC for less than a going wage there. While chasing off anyone not living there or willing to commute there at current cost.... brilliant... then you staff Blow Jet with us not willing to move... right out of the whipsaw playbook.... I hear Envoy and Piedmont are hiring though.
What is this FTI rumor you speak of???
Old 03-12-2017, 05:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Slaveaway View Post
Will more MSP and DTW FOs be willing to go to ATL to upgrade? Or is it in base or nothing?
Most of the senior ones are either waiting for their class date at Delta or are in base or nothing.... So movement to either DTW or MSP is basically nil... This airline is a New York airline for new hires. We will soon see how ATL changes things but I still expect new hires to only have New York as an option starting out.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
What is this FTI rumor you speak of???
Outsourcing of all FTI positions to DGI. The company wants to eliminate the FTI position for seniority list pilots.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by FODhopper View Post
Now that I'm starting reserve...How do I monitor daily reserve coverage? And what am I looking for as far as the likelihood I will be called? It's been so long since they talked about this in class.

Also, what time each night does scheduling call you by if they already have a trip for you the next day other than prior to the minimum rest period? Or do they have a set time since the reserve periods are already defined.
Flica, check view reserve grid to see how many they are short or fat people and then view crew resource report at the bottom of the sidebar to see who's on call and how many days they are good for and when they are on. Scheduling here is pretty proactive. If there isn't something on your schedule after like 6am, they're probably not gonna call you that day. Unless someone calls out last second.They're pretty up to speed about throwing on flying the night before. I've yet to get a "2 hour call out" about something . Ive pretty much known about the flying for several hours or the day prior and then self notify. Just check flica around 10pm or when you first wake up. That's when you usually throw stuff on.