Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1086  1586  1986  2036  2076  2082  2083  2084  2085  2086  2087  2088  2089  2090  2096  2136  2186 
Page 2086 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Thanks for that. Someone else noted that the mothership is very frequent in changing plans, as has been portrayed by my ingrate non-fans. But eff it. Sometimes I get bored at the desk--a desk--some desk.
I really think that the people who talk out of turn are in the minority of the readers. I expect most really do enjoy your input and insight.

As far as the plans go, there are so many moving parts that a single area not going to schedule can have a tremendous ripple effect on the rest of the plan (or even seemingly non related plans).

In this case the theme hasn't changed at all, just the method of how to get there and the timeframe. I fully expect this is why there apparently hasn't been much in the way of information from management, because they are honestly trying to be forthright and not make implied promises until they have a fairly certain timeframe. I also agree with previous inputs that announcing aircraft movement too early can make a mess of pilot staffing wherever they are coming from. This is as compared to the old days of Pinnacle when they'd have been breathlessly promising the moon the entire time. I still firmly believe that Endeavor is in a very good position.
Quote: How about a two carrier strategy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Can't do it, RAH owns those slots, and Delta has DOT immunity to operate mainline aircraft in them, which they do.

Delta would probably go down to one regional if it could, since we can't strike for another decade, and by that time there will be enough Propel-ers, that a strike would be off the table anyway.
Quote: Can't do it, RAH owns those slots, and Delta has DOT immunity to operate mainline aircraft in them, which they do.

Delta would probably go down to one regional if it could, since we can't strike for another decade, and by that time there will be enough Propel-ers, that a strike would be off the table anyway.
Wrong.

DL would never go to one regional. They would lose the contract churn/ whipsaw which makes the whole regional thing worth having around.
Quote: Wrong.

DL would never go to one regional. They would lose the contract churn/ whipsaw which makes the whole regional thing worth having around.
They won't be able to play the whipsaw game for at least another 20 years. There aren't enough pilots.
Quote: They won't be able to play the whipsaw game for at least another 20 years. There aren't enough pilots.
As long as there are at least two regionals, there will be contract churn and whipsaw. The industry may go to a single regional, but I hope to be retired by then as I'd rather not work for Skypest.
Quote: As long as there are at least two regionals, there will be contract churn and whipsaw. The industry may go to a single regional, but I hope to be retired by then as I'd rather not work for Skypest.
I don't think you'll ever see only one regional. If the industry ever consolidated that much, mainline would probably just absorb everything after they get rid of the 50 seaters.
Quote: I don't think you'll ever see only one regional. If the industry ever consolidated that much, mainline would probably just absorb everything after they get rid of the 50 seaters.
Never happen - bean counters and lawyers can’t justify it in anyway.
Quote: Never happen - bean counters and lawyers can’t justify it in anyway.
I agree with bean counters. Lawyers can justify anything
Quote: Never happen - bean counters and lawyers can’t justify it in anyway.
Like I said, if there were ever a situation where they could justify consolidating down to one regional, you've already got a monopoly, and costs will go up. They'd just absorb it.
I’m just a Turkey that works hard not to become a thanksgiving catch. But here’s a question I have. If Delta doesn’t care about the progression of 9E pilots, as some may attest; what stops our MEC from say, reaching out to jetBlue MEC or some other ALPA MEC about moving some pilots out of here? A phone call which leads to a lunch with a few people and see what if anything could be done to help both ALPA groups. Why can’t something like that occur? How hard can it be?
1086  1586  1986  2036  2076  2082  2083  2084  2085  2086  2087  2088  2089  2090  2096  2136  2186 
Page 2086 of 2545
Go to