Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1504  2004  2404  2454  2494  2500  2501  2502  2503  2504  2505  2506  2507  2508  2514 
Page 2504 of 2545
Go to
Quote: #1 thing EDV/DL could offer at this point would be a longevity credit when flowing. Kicks the cost off the regional partner, and makes it tempting to stay instead of LCC. Flow over at year 6 pay? That’s 150-160/hr and a huge leg up for the rest of one’s career. Other idea would be flowing 20 but putting say 30 on the list a month. Issue is any of these would require DALPA concurrence, which wouldn’t be on their radar until the PWA is done I’d imagine (remember DAL hasn’t has a pay raise since early 2019).
fixed it for you. No one is flowing at 3 years. Even the propaganda calculator on the website doesn’t project 3 years… I’ve been here 4 years, and showing another 2-2.5 years to flow.
Quote: fixed it for you. No one is flowing at 3 years. Even the propaganda calculator on the website doesn’t project 3 years… I’ve been here 4 years, and showing another 2-2.5 years to flow.
I wouldn’t expect EDV DOH to carry over for longevity, in this hypothetical. It would be on DOS of whatever new LOA there is.
Quote: I wouldn’t expect EDV DOH to carry over for longevity, in this hypothetical. It would be on DOS of whatever new LOA there is.
Or a credit of 2:1 with a cap or something.

Not difficult to solve.
Quote: Or a credit of 2:1 with a cap or something.

Not difficult to solve.
Exactly. It’s the next “interesting” option besides crazy money, and might be effective to stop some LCC losses, while not driving costs crazy high for the RJ partner. My biggest question isn’t “how does EDV survive?” but “how do Non-WOs compete?”
Quote: Exactly. It’s the next “interesting” option besides crazy money, and might be effective to stop some LCC losses, while not driving costs crazy high for the RJ partner. My biggest question isn’t “how does EDV survive?” but “how do Non-WOs compete?”
By raising wages even more to offset the fact that they have no guaranteed progression.

If they can't afford it, then too bad for them. Time to end the regional model.
Quote: I bet Envoy, Piedmont, and PSA get so many applications that they will call the ones with 500-1000 hours Part 121 time first. Replacing all the captains they are losing and keeping the ones they have will be their first priority.
I think you are right. Pulling CA and near CA First Officers from their competitors will hasten their competitors’ demise as well as solidifying their stability. Other regionals that match this, of course, will change this calculus, “put up or dry up.”
Quote: My biggest question isn’t “how does EDV survive?” but “how do Non-WOs compete?”
Exactly. Delta can (if they will, is yet to be seen) afford to match AA in whatever way they decide. UAL owns 49% of commuteair, so they could probably be ok too. But go-jet, mesa, republic? I don’t see how they can. Skyworst probably can get close, at least temporarily. Going to be interesting.

side note- I’ve spoken with a few DL pilots over the past week or 2 (before and after the AA news) and the ones I spoke to were very supportive of 9E and both even mentioned a “staple” of some sort unprompted. Just found that interesting.
Quote: Exactly. Delta can (if they will, is yet to be seen) afford to match AA in whatever way they decide. UAL owns 49% of commuteair, so they could probably be ok too. But go-jet, mesa, republic? I don’t see how they can. Skyworst probably can get close, at least temporarily. Going to be interesting.

side note- I’ve spoken with a few DL pilots over the past week or 2 (before and after the AA news) and the ones I spoke to were very supportive of 9E and both even mentioned a “staple” of some sort unprompted. Just found that interesting.
The ones I spoke with said the same. The Delta pilots would not be affected at all by a staple, if fact that’s that’s what the Delta pilot group was talking about for years, bringing regional flying back in house.
Quote: side note- I’ve spoken with a few DL pilots over the past week or 2 (before and after the AA news) and the ones I spoke to were very supportive of 9E and both even mentioned a “staple” of some sort unprompted. Just found that interesting.
That's been my experience, too. The sample size is small, but the sample I've talked to is actually larger than the loudest "staple hell no" contingent that APC has to offer.
Quote: #1 thing EDV/DL could offer at this point would be a longevity credit when flowing. Kicks the cost off the regional partner, and makes it tempting to stay instead of LCC. Flow over at year 3 pay? That’s 150-160/hr and a huge leg up for the rest of one’s career. Other idea would be flowing 20 but putting say 30 on the list a month. Issue is any of these would require DALPA concurrence, which wouldn’t be on their radar until the PWA is done I’d imagine (remember DAL hasn’t has a pay raise since early 2019).
DALPA will definitely engage management before the PWA is done, they are already not happy about $20+mil being dropped on EDV a few months ago. It’s in DALPAs interest to make sure Delta money spent on another pilot group is minimal. Supposedly DALPA is meeting with management including Ed Bastian today to discuss.
1504  2004  2404  2454  2494  2500  2501  2502  2503  2504  2505  2506  2507  2508  2514 
Page 2504 of 2545
Go to