Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
151  201  241  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  261  301  351  751  1251 
Page 251 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Compass has nothing right now, re: guaranteed interview/flow. All flows are gone. And no guaranteed interview. I do hope we work something out though. Also, all the flows having gone and doing well in training will impress DL, I am sure.
When did the guaranteed interview go at CPZ? I remember that was a compromise after the flow was sunsetted.
Quote: I'm curious what you want to call it for the pilots who have already passed the SSP. Those pilots have already passed the interview and are in the bucket to flow to Delta like the Compass flow pilots. Now the terms of their release are slightly different and not in the same %, but they still no longer have to interview and will be going to Delta when their class date arrives.

Do you want me to say those that passed the SSP are the same as those who haven't? When the SSP started, no one had flow rights to Delta, but now that hundreds have already passed, how else do explain those numbers to a new hire comparing Endeavor to others?

As those below stated, Compass no longer has anything right now. Flow pilots are all gone and no guaranteed interview.

Yeah, since they already passed the SSP, I really don't see how it is any different than flowing to Delta at this point. Not as good % wise as the Compass flow, but it gets better this year and the next. The other downside is their class date doesn't start until they start training there. For the Compass pilots, they had a good holdback provision that preserved their seniority at Delta.

Yeah, just as you could approximate Compass having ~300 pilots flowing to Delta in 2014-2015, Endeavor already has about that many who already passed the SSP and will be flowing to Delta in 2016-2017 as long as the hiring continues. Attrition off the top is huge for your career prospects, especially if it is artificially increased like Endeavor and Envoy have. I would also say PDT has a descent %, with PSA currently with one too, but not nearly as good as it could be.
So after I got hired by Delta back in 2007, I flowed there, right?

It's a pool.
Quote: When did the guaranteed interview go at CPZ? I remember that was a compromise after the flow was sunsetted.
No one really knows. It never culminated into anything. We really should have one at CPZ, seeing as there is still a flow down for DL pilots in the event of a furlough. It's very one-sided now. That flow down should, at the very least, warrant a guaranteed interview.
At the end of training will you have a PIC or SIC type rating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?
Quote: No one really knows. It never culminated into anything. We really should have one at CPZ, seeing as there is still a flow down for DL pilots in the event of a furlough. It's very one-sided now. That flow down should, at the very least, warrant a guaranteed interview.

Completely agree. The flow down made sense when there was a flow up. Mutual benefit. As the case may be for many current Compass pilots, my class was told that we would have a guaranteed Delta interview by the interview panel... an interview is a HUGE advantage. Not something that should've been stated if it was not a done deal
Quote: At the end of training will you have a PIC or SIC type rating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone gets an unrestricted type rating.
My wife and I are doing taxes now. Looks like our federal and state tax returns will be slightly more than double what they were last year. They only big change for us was the retention bonus. So for all the folks debating the retention bonus with regards to taxes, it looks like if you can wait til tax season, you will likely have a pretty good return.*

*I cannot possibly speak for the tax returns of 1,600 pilots, but I'm just throwing a data point out there.
Quote: Everyone gets an unrestricted type rating.
It's no unrestricted. Circling approaches are allowed in VMC only like in most other places.
Lets try this question again. Why would a new hires initial base/equipment assignment somehow take precedence over what has been my number one standing bid now for multiple vacancies?
Can someone tell me exactly how long training is? From the first day of indoc till you are on the line flying passengers? I'm seperating from the military and trying to figure out when to have the movers show up. Thanks.
151  201  241  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  261  301  351  751  1251 
Page 251 of 2545
Go to