Details on Delta TA

Subscribe
3  503  903  953  993  999  1000  1001  1002  1003  1004  1005  1006  1007  1013 
Page 1003 of 1030
Go to
Quote: It will be very, very close either way.

Scoop
True, and that's too bad. Think how cool it would be if we all had a TA that 95% of us could enthusiastically endorse. Think what a great environment this place could be.
Quote: haha fair enough just interjecting some humor. And not everybody looks at just pay rates (which are not that impressive anyway). Sadly it still appears as though pay rates, as unimpressive as they are, are going to push this TA through.
You could get a sizable portion of those voting yes to vote yes on pay cuts if you framed it right.
Quote: True, and that's too bad. Think how cool it would be if we all had a TA that 95% of us could enthusiastically endorse. Think what a great environment this place could be.

You nailed it. I actually believed in this environment we could have the deal you describe. One that restores Our faith in ALPA and restores our professions with a fair deal.

Instead, we get run over with the freight train while blindfolded. Management and ALPA working hand in hand to continue the "permanent reset".
Quote: True, and that's too bad. Think how cool it would be if we all had a TA that 95% of us could enthusiastically endorse. Think what a great environment this place could be.
"Great", yes... and "Successful" and "Profitable" too. The more I discover just how many of us feel undervalued and disrespected by this TA, the more I actually think RA and his team made a really bad business decision.

In the ATL crew lounge yesterday, one of the reps said he thought the new sick leave policy - the company's NUMBER ONE PRIORITY - will save them between $5-7M. YGBFSM! I think they could save that kind of money by instead attacking the pilot abuse of mini water bottle consumption. Yet this is the sword they want to fall on???

RA could have had 13,000 pilots giving back rubs (or better) to Diamond Medallions with the right TA...instead, he's going to have 8,800 (non-ATL) disgruntled pilots in the cockpit.

I have to think this means he's gone in a hurry and no longer cares about the longer-term profitability/success of Delta. This was definitely NOT the approach to keep us at the tip of the spear. What a let down after recently believing I had joined a truly different company.
Quote: "Great", yes... and "Successful" and "Profitable" too. The more I discover just how many of us feel undervalued and disrespected by this TA, the more I actually think RA and his team made a really bad business decision.

In the ATL crew lounge yesterday, one of the reps said he thought the new sick leave policy - the company's NUMBER ONE PRIORITY - will save them between $5-7M. YGBFSM! I think they could save that kind of money by instead attacking the pilot abuse of mini water bottle consumption. Yet this is the sword they want to fall on???

RA could have had 13,000 pilots giving back rubs (or better) to Diamond Medallions with the right TA...instead, he's going to have 8,800 (non-ATL) disgruntled pilots in the cockpit.

I have to think this means he's gone in a hurry and no longer cares about the longer-term profitability/success of Delta. This was definitely NOT the approach to keep us at the tip of the spear. What a let down after recently believing I had joined a truly different company.
I like most of what you are saying. I disagree about the mini water bottle abuse. Are you saying we should sit in a very dry environment with nothing to drink. Dehydration is not a safe way to fly an airplane and good luck with the kidney stones. Also I am ATL based and I am ****ed off along with everyone I've talked with. If you had gone to the PTC roadshow you would have seen a bunch of ****ed off ATL pilots.
Quote: I like most of what you are saying. I disagree about the mini water bottle abuse. Are you saying we should sit in a very dry environment with nothing to drink. Dehydration is not a safe way to fly an airplane and good luck with the kidney stones. Also I am ATL based and I am ****ed off along with everyone I've talked with. If you had gone to the PTC roadshow you would have seen a bunch of ****ed off ATL pilots.
Glad to hear it...I'm hoping the ATL crowd is more free-thinking than social media gives them credit for. I jest about the water bottles...I was reaching for something equally non-sensical as the sick leave changes.
Quote: I like most of what you are saying. I disagree about the mini water bottle abuse. Are you saying we should sit in a very dry environment with nothing to drink. Dehydration is not a safe way to fly an airplane and good luck with the kidney stones. Also I am ATL based and I am ****ed off along with everyone I've talked with. If you had gone to the PTC roadshow you would have seen a bunch of ****ed off ATL pilots.
He's saying that TIC.

Point of historic order. Back during 7.5, there were cost cutting programs. Some flight attendant came up with the idea of removing the piece of garnish lettuce from 1st class meals. Delta said that saved them $1M.
Quote: Glad to hear it...I'm hoping the ATL crowd is more free-thinking than social media gives them credit for. I jest about the water bottles...I was reaching for something equally non-sensical as the sick leave changes.
Sorry, I was woken up by my kids before 7 this morning. Had to take my bad mood out on somebody.
Is there another professional career that requires a doctor's note while simultaneous having the most stringent health requirements? Because I can't think of one. This sick leave concession is out of control.
Quote: Is there another professional career that requires a doctor's note while simultaneous having the most stringent health requirements? Because I can't think of one. This sick leave concession is out of control.
Sick leave deal alone moved me off the fence. Now if they'd made the hat optional it might've been a wash!
3  503  903  953  993  999  1000  1001  1002  1003  1004  1005  1006  1007  1013 
Page 1003 of 1030
Go to