JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
160  660  1060  1110  1150  1156  1157  1158  1159  1160  1161  1162  1163  1164  1170  1210  1260 
Page 1160 of 1383
Go to
Quote: your comments are well taken. However, the arbitrator will almost certainly rule in favor of the company. The only question is what we will get out of it and what protections, will be left intact.

As panpanpan said, ultimately it’s out of our hands…..
at least we will be a pilot group who didn’t sell out scope, especially for measly gains, if the arbitrator rules in favor of the company
Quote: we can still vote it down if it isn’t what we want.
True, but considering how close the last vote was, all it will take is a marginal improvement and the company can get the 51% they need.
Quote: your comments are well taken. However, the arbitrator will almost certainly rule in favor of the company. The only question is what we will get out of it and what protections, will be left intact.

As panpanpan said, ultimately it’s out of our hands…..
However as was stated previously, what was on the table (with the endless industry PSPs, and the forgone 2% traditionally recouped in the signing bonus of the subsequent CBA) amounted to nothing. So even if the arbitration goes less than favorable we didn’t loose anything than what was on the table in 13.
Quote: True, but considering how close the last vote was, all it will take is a marginal improvement and the company can get the 51% they need.
IMO completely different situation compared to when that vote was.
Quote: IMO completely different situation compared to when that vote was.
Because pilots are now no longer scared to get furloughed? We had roughly 1800 pilots vote in favor of LOA 13. How many of them were on the furlough chopping block? Perhaps only 1000. The other 800 must have actually believed it was a good deal.
JetBlue Latest and Greatest
Quote: We are clearly a very divided pilot group (48/52%, I think) and I hope management doesn’t exploit that.

Clearly, the vocal half is on APC, but many of us and most of the people I fly with do see the value in the NEA. The bigger question is not if the NEA will stand or not. I do not see any arbitrator canceling it, under any circumstances, IMHO—they will find a remedy for us, the pilots, but would prefer if ALPA and the company worked it out on our own. The question becomes what can we negotiate to allow it to continue. I’d much rather come up with an agreeable solution with the company, than take our chances with an arbitrator. Those with arbitration experience will probably agree with this.

The question becomes, if the NEA is happening, regardless of our thoughts, hopes, and wishes— where is your line in the sand? Is it pay increases? Mandatory yearly block hour increases? Virtual bases? More QDL pay (kidding with that one- sort of).

just to sum up quickly. Just voting no, to say no doesn’t get us anywhere. It means we have no control and the arbitrator will do whatever she/he desires. I’d much rather vote on something concrete that helps us, as pilots than just saying “you decide” to someone without aviation experience who is just trying not to “rock the boat”

thoughts?
Input?
Am I looking at this the wrong way?

Would you have entertained this deal per-pandemic in 2019? What would it have taken back then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be nice if they published the “ask” to the association. What’s the harm in letting the association members know the ask? I doubt it changes the companies position at all.
Quote: It would be nice if they published the “ask” to the association. What’s the harm in letting the association members know the ask? I doubt it changes the companies position at all.
Because folks would be sharing it all over the place. Forums like here, and other social media. Company would easily get an idea of what the ask is before they even meet with ALPA. Sheeeit we can't even stop talking about what would make us vote yes right now on the forum, and that's without seeing the ask.

On another note, I hate this idea/mindset of "hey this is what company wanna give us so let's take what we can get cause it's better than nothing". Smh so when do we say no? When do we actually ask for something substantial in return? And no, what was offered was not substantial so even if we lose arbitration, which I doubt, we lose nothing offered and still atleast keep our dignity of not just giving away stuff all willy nilly.

I don't think anyone, who voted No, thinks the NEA is bad for our growth, the devil is just in the details of LOA 13, And the details were unacceptable.

I share the same sentiment of others here that if we should lose arbitration and the company allowed to operate against our CBA agreement, that decision of the arbitrator will not just set a bad precedent here but on the whole industry and ALPA national should get involved and do something about it, lobby whoever needs to be lobbied if that's what it takes.
Quote: Because folks would be sharing it all over the place. Forums like here, and other social media. Company would easily get an idea of what the ask is before they even meet with ALPA. Sheeeit we can't even stop talking about what would make us vote yes right now on the forum, and that's without seeing the ask.

On another note, I hate this idea/mindset of "hey this is what company wanna give us so let's take what we can get cause it's better than nothing". Smh so when do we say no? When do we actually ask for something substantial in return? And no, what was offered was not substantial so even if we lose arbitration, which I doubt, we lose nothing offered and still atleast keep our dignity of not just giving away stuff all willy nilly.

I don't think anyone, who voted No, thinks the NEA is bad for our growth, the devil is just in the details of LOA 13, And the details were unacceptable.

I share the same sentiment of others here that if we should lose arbitration and the company allowed to operate against our CBA agreement, that decision of the arbitrator will not just set a bad precedent here but on the whole industry and ALPA national should get involved and do something about it, lobby whoever needs to be lobbied if that's what it takes.
that last paragraph is very very true and every one needs to read it twice
Quote: Because folks would be sharing it all over the place. Forums like here, and other social media. Company would easily get an idea of what the ask is before they even meet with ALPA. Sheeeit we can't even stop talking about what would make us vote yes right now on the forum, and that's without seeing the ask.

If arbitration favors the company so much that they can just violate the contract at will, then the next CBA should do away with arbitration.

We gave away our right to sue in court, if this clear violation is upheld then we need to take our right to sue back. If our clearly written CBA isn't enforceable then it isn't worth anything.
160  660  1060  1110  1150  1156  1157  1158  1159  1160  1161  1162  1163  1164  1170  1210  1260 
Page 1160 of 1383
Go to